Bigest And Best Priced Breakfast Rawai

sukitandc

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents! and just before I go any further keep in mind orchid garden no longer does their breakfasts as far as i'm aware? At least its a different guy in charge to when people were mentioning their food before. I used to live at Orchid and the breakfast was good value for money.

Anyhow!

Kallots number 1! FO sure!

Breakfast Hut number 2 and is quite tasty but kallots is considerably better for a full english.

German bakery sucks! Small portions and unfriendly staff with the typical german lack of sense of humour only its some how passed into the Thai staff it seems... At least from the 3 times ive had to meet there. Really the worst portion sizes out of anywhere for a full engllish which is definetly not what you want, when you want a full english or breakfast bap!

Bamboo hut I didn't realize did breakfasts but I've ate there before and it was pretty good food and as someone else stated, Fan is absolutely lovely so it's good to go just for the really nice staff!

AT THE MOMENT ORCHID GARDENS IS THE BEST BREAKFAST FOR TASTE AND VALUE FOR MONEY.... 99 BHT INCLUDES..2 EGGS,2 BACON,SAUSAGE, BEANS,2 TOAST,JAM,MARMALADE,POT OF TEA OR COFEE,FRESH ORANGE AND FREE WATER...THE PROOF IS IN THE EATING...TRY IT YOURSELF

Since I own a hotel (not in Rawaii), and know exactly how much it costs in ingredients to create a breakfast as the above, (as well as the hidden costs of gas/electricity etc) I can say that the profit that they make at a 99 baht price is extremely low - which might be good for the customer in the short term, but is not conductive for a long term business success.

Simon

German bakery use Myanmar staff :) and yes not very good, but bread is OK

Better bread at Fruits of Trang, the German bakery at Viset Road traffic light intersection with Sai Yuan Road. Problem is Fruits of Trang tend to suddenly close shop for a few weeks or close 2 days of the week, so I have stopped going there.

My 2 cents! and just before I go any further keep in mind orchid garden no longer does their breakfasts as far as i'm aware?

Yes, it seems a guy that looks like he was a roadie for The Scorpions now owns it, doesn't seem real ambitious to get to know people or make a go of anything there.

Some good lunchtime buffets in the major hotels in Phuket Town.

Tried the one at Metropole about a week ago. 200 THB (incl. ++). Don't go, horrible. My first choice was Royal Phuket City Hotel, but they seem to have stopped with the lunch time buffets (which was really good). Now only catering to private lunches, usually from the convention floor below. Any other places in Town serving buffets ? ......but this is off topic, I know....