Imagedude, Where Are You ?

svenivan

Just got a reply from his wife. The following is my understanding of what she has written to me:

Glen has had some complications. In the UK, the doc found a piece of bone in the hip wound. That is what was causing the repeat infections in his hip. The docs did surgery and removed the bone piece and they are now trying to get rid of the infection for good. That is going to set him back quite a bit in his efforts to get walking again and he is sad about that.

I don't have any way of extending wishes to him but this thread is probably as good a place as any. Now that he knows that we know, he might be a little more talkative. We all know that he would never mention his troubles to us first. That's just who he is.

Get well soon, Glen. As Sven said, we are missing you and looking forward to your return.

Just got a reply from Imagedude. He said he has been in the hospital since arriving in the UK. Had a LOT of trouble and has a ways to go. It has been worse than I thought. He has a long way to come back from now but he is remaining positive.

I'm not headed to the UK. But if I was, I would make a point of visiting him.

Just got a reply from Imagedude. He said he has been in the hospital since arriving in the UK. Had a LOT of trouble and has a ways to go. It has been worse than I thought. He has a long way to come back from now but he is remaining positive.

Please send him my best wishes. Tell him that the nurses get quicker as he gets getter so that he can allways nearly catch them.

Please send him my best wishes. Tell him that the nurses get quicker as he gets getter so that he can allways nearly catch them.

I'll send your words, Harry.

Whereabouts in the UK is he kd? Grimsby probably, as that's where he's from (I think). Is his wife with him do you know?

I will seek details about his location and let you know what I find.

His wife can't be with him always. At the moment, she isn't there. She has to come home and take care of business, career, etc. Tough on her, tough on him. They aren't at the place where they can just walk away from everything and he would not want her to.

Edited by kandahar

Hi guys,

I just got out of the hospital here in the UK after a 5 week stay. Unfortunately my hip was so badly infected after my surgery in CRโ€™s Sriburin hospital that I have had to have my hip joint surgically removed to give me any chance of recovery. I donโ€™t know what the future holds in respect of mobility but at worst I will have crutches and one leg.

For sure I will be CR bound as soon as itโ€™s feasible for me to do so, thanks to you all for your continued support it is much appreciated and I will keep you informed of my progress.

ImageDude B)