Best Hospital In Pattaya

Desertexile

Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital at Sukhumvit Road. My son was born there, competent staff, doctors speak very good English, excellent service, but check prices first before you do anything can be very expensive for some things.

The OP's question was "which is considered the best private hospital in Pattaya" answer - Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, Fact.

Yes there are otheres, Phayathai in Sri Ratcha is good but it's not Pattaya, Samitevj(Sp) is good but again not Pattaya!

So to answer the OP's Q -.........

The OP's question was "which is considered the best private hospital in Pattaya" answer - Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, Fact.

Yes there are otheres, Phayathai in Sri Ratcha is good but it's not Pattaya, Samitevj(Sp) is good but again not Pattaya!

So to answer the OP's Q: there is not a good hospital in Pattaya.

If you want a good hospital go to Sri Racha.

So to answer the OP's Q: there is not a good hospital in Pattaya.

If you want a good hospital go to Sri Racha.

Yes Phayathai is good, and the fellow Scottish PR Manager is a nice guy, but in reality it is none better than Bangkok Pattaya, not worth th the extra half hour drive, just gets recommended on this forum by the Bangkok Pattaya haters.

Unfortunately Bangkok-Pattaya hospital is pressured to pay off their new annex; thus, everything is over priced. I find Bumengrad Hospital (in BKK) prices more reasonable than Bangkok-Pattaya hospital; however B P:H is convenient to get to. One must know which doc tors to go to, so do your homework.

True, Samitueg Hospital in Sri Racha is professionally managed; good doc tors, and less costly.

What about that hospital in Sattahip? I know several folks who visit there and say it is pretty good...but don't think they have had anything major done there. I've been to Bumrungrad. Great facilities, and the docs seem to be pretty good also. But like mentioned above, need to research your doc first.

The hospital in Sattahip is the Royal Thai Naval Hospital and that is not a private hospital. The best private hospital in Pattaya is BHP, but can be quite expensive. The best private hospital in the Pattaya area is Phyathai in Sriracha. The prices are fare, and the doctors just as good as BHP.

Gavin Waddell is the International Manager, and he is from Scotland. speaks both Thai, and english.

Barry

Unfortunately Bangkok-Pattaya hospital is pressured to pay off their new annex; thus, everything is over priced. I find Bumengrad Hospital (in BKK) prices more reasonable than Bangkok-Pattaya hospital; however B P:H is convenient to get to. One must know which doc tors to go to, so do your homework.

True, Samitueg Hospital in Sri Racha is professionally managed; good doc tors, and less costly.

Agree with this. I would say though that it depends on what you want them to do. Bumrugrad in BKK and BPH carry out many more procedures than the other hospitals mentioned here. My personal experiences include finding a local hospital with a machine to measure eye problems that my wife required and a hip operation for me. Both of these were only available locally at BPH and The Queen Sikrivit at Sattahip. Even then, although the Queen Sikrivit will perform hip operations privately and cheaper than many other private hospitals, they only provide replacement operations and not what I wanted, which is the newer hip resurfacing operation. That is only provided at Bumrugrad or BPH.

If you DO use BPH - then make sure you really really know how much you will have to pay in advance or you may get stung!!!

edit: you may find this Thai Visa forum useful if you want to research this further. I found it very useful when I started researching this some time ago.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/23-health-body-and-medicine/

Edited by dsfbrit

Phayathai is by far the best hospital in the region.

Do the staff speak english ?

I am very suspicious of BPH, fews years ago my wife stayed there for a couple nights.. along with high over-night fee, they charged for ever single thing... food, glass of water, nurse and doctor visits, etc

Edited by William Osborne

BPH is good but very very expensive, I hope you have good health insurance. Also check if you really need all the tests and treatment they are offering to do as they tend to exaggerate the things that need doing in order to charge for them and always want you to stay in over night or longer than necessary to charge extra.

Comes a time when health insurance just gets too expensive (65+) that is the time to start thinking of Europe,free full medical care in Spain or anywhere else in Europe

As long as you are prepared to wait and wait and wait and wait........

Edited by LennyW

Comes a time when health insurance just gets too expensive (65+) that is the time to start thinking of Europe,free full medical care in Spain or anywhere else in Europe

Does that mean you need to wait beside your cofin???:o

I am sure you are free to wait inside your cofin, less hassle if it should be to late for threatment :ph34r:

• Like 1

I am sure you are free to wait inside your cofin, less hassle if it should be to late for threatment :ph34r:

Lets face it, it's only the property owning fraternity here in Thailand who can never avail themselves of this option :jap:

If you live in Thailand, and don't have health insurance because you think the health care here is inexpensive compared to your home country, you can be very mistaken.

I have seen many expats without insurance that was forced to have surgery at a government hospital, because they could not afford proper treatment either die, or become permanently disabled.

Health insurance is a must no matter where you live, or how much money you may have.

Barry

Health insurance is a must,but at what cost? £80/ $140 a week when 65 +, rising to well over twice that amount until the insurer refuses to take you on board ,and the insurance will be loaded with all sorts of opt outs.

Again it becomes how committed you are to Thailand,get dianosed at an early stage of cancer or whatever while here then you have time to make plans and return to your home country,hate to say it but owning property here is the biggest commitment to staying here,becoming trapped and having to rely on Thai health services

Developing an onrush of something life threatining or involvement in an accident is another matter,but hopefully if diagnosed early enough as most incidents occur gives you the necessary time span prepare

Fly business class if seriously ill,non stop.The airline are most reluctant to offload you even if you look as if your at deaths door,economy they'll unload you faster than you can say Jack Robinson

Health insurance is a must,but at what cost? £80/ $140 a week when 65 +, rising to well over twice that amount until the insurer refuses to take you on board ,and the insurance will be loaded with all sorts of opt outs.

Again it becomes how committed you are to Thailand,get dianosed at an early stage of cancer or whatever while here then you have time to make plans and return to your home country,hate to say it but owning property here is the biggest commitment to staying here,becoming trapped and having to rely on Thai health services

Developing an onrush of something life threatining or involvement in an accident is another matter,but hopefully if diagnosed early enough as most incidents occur gives you the necessary time span prepare

Fly business class if seriously ill,non stop.The airline are most reluctant to offload you even if you look as if your at deaths door,economy they'll unload you faster than you can say Jack Robinson

In Thailand if you insure by age 60 Bupa will insure you for life, at a reasonable rate. Myself, and my wife both have Bupa, one policy, 500,000 Baht coverage for 47,000 Baht per year and I will be 66 this year. I think you can get most things taken care of for 500,000 baht and if more, pay the difference.

Barry

In Thailand if you insure by age 60 Bupa will insure you for life, at a reasonable rate. Myself, and my wife both have Bupa, one policy, 500,000 Baht coverage for 47,000 Baht per year and I will be 66 this year. I think you can get most things taken care of for 500,000 baht and if more, pay the difference.

Barry

This is true, I have been with BUPA since I arrived in Thailand 10 years ago when I was 56 and I am still insured with them for what is a fairly reasonable rate.

Edited by Rimmer