Emergency Numbers To Call

drawp

So here's the quick rundown, I was speaking with my GF this morning who seemed a bit off and had mentioned thoughts of suicide before. We had been arguing the past few days, but this time it seemed she wanted to make amends. Long story short, finishes the conversation abruptly and sounds like what is heavy breathing.. I don't know anyone in patts, so I immediately call the cops there and ask what they can do, tell them the story and what not and ask them to call for an ambulance or anything, abbreviated version, nothing please call the tourist police. I call the tourist police, he says he cant do anything yet call back two hours later, I call back to the main station and tell them I would like someone to go check on her as she may need medical assistance, they claim they do this twice, but say they can do no more and that an ambulance can't be ordered if there's no proof.

I don't believe that they've actually done anything and I'm quite worried for the health of my girl.

Are there any other numbers that I can call? I am currently out of Thailand, so this is quite scary for me.

It may sound a bit harsh, but a Thai will talk easily about taking its own life.

For us it's a reason to get full mental and medical attention, but for a Thai (buddhist) it's a new start, a new life: If I can't succeed in this life, I'll try the next.

Next time, stay cool and relaxed. If they see that threatening with suicide has no effect, they'll find another way to attract your attention.

Once, my partner threatened to take his own life. It was the first time he did this and I kindly asked him to do it outside the house and if he was quickly, he could make it to the 6 p.m. cargo train from Sattahip to Bangkok.

He shut up for a few seconds, looked me straight in the eyes and went to bed.

He never threatened to take his own life again.

Most Thais know, that such a threat has some strange on most of us.