Freelance Intepreter

rino

Hello to all,

I am coming to CM next months because I have some personal errands to do there. For this I may need the (paid) help of a Thai language interpreter.

I do not need any specific expertise, just a decent knowledge of English ( Italian, Spanish or Mandarin would do just as good too)

Can you people recommend anyone?

thanks a lot in advance

rino

Rino, you might receive more helpful responses if we had a few more details about the nature of the "personal business" you need to conduct.

When we first moved here we were able to open bank accounts, find a place to rent, start up utilities, etc with no knowledge of the Thai language. When our personal effects arrived via air cargo at the CM Airport, we knew we'd need help, based on the horror stories we'd heard about air freight customs dept here. We resisted the initial urge of hiring my Thai language teacher as an interpreter and instead got someone who was more expensive, but very able to navigate the complexities of the customs department -- something I doubt my young college-student Thai teacher would have been able to do. But, I wouldn't recommend either of these women as an intepreter if your business involved something like hiring bar girls to come work in a bar you're opening in another town.

So, how about a few more details?