If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

BN, ref your previous post, The Stones havent released anything worth buying or listening to for at least 40 years, and certainly not since Mick Taylor left.

I couldnt stand that fake Texas accent on songs such as this, thank Gawd punk came along and blew this pretensious crap out the water.

As if that wasnt bad enough, along came this 'staged' crap, its so sickening, disgusting and nauseating its almost unwatchable.

rgs, Mick's a street fightin man, or so he claimed in one of his songs, whatever, you've got to hand it to him, still able to prance around the stage at his age.

Anyway, first things first, namely your request as to the delights on the Hull culinary scene.

Thankfully i haven't been near the place since 1973 so I'm not quite up to date with the latest trends there but I can recommend 2 people who can certainly help you out.

The first is the fat bast..d manager of Hull city football team, poised for relegation this Saturday,Steve Bruce.

The size of his belly tells you he is a man who lives to eat rather than vice versa.

The second is an old school friend of mine who wrote the tune Hull City football players run out on to the pitch to ( perhaps should change it now they're going down), a good man and lover of all things northern, Henry Priestman of the band Yachts and later The Christians. Apparently he's now tagged the 'grumpy man of rock' but he's a sound dude and wrote some good numbers back in the 80s.

The Skids pay homage to a great British hero who epitomised the spirit of Dunkirk, unlike his left wing commy son in law, Ken Barlow, what a dissapointment he must have been, no wonder Mike Walker swept Deirdre of her feet, Ken the working class loser.

Come on rgs, 40 years is nothing, Beethoven hasn't written a good number for over 220 years, Regarding fake Texas accents, Mick was doing fake cockney accents back in the 60s ( listen to Get Yer Ya Ya's Out). But he's quite a performer.

I wouldn't mind a duet with the lovely Lisa.

Edit to previous post, it should have been the Crafty Cockney, Mike Baldwin, little did i know as I sat at me nans house all those years ago I would marry a Thai who plays catch up and watches this crap on U tube. som nam na as they say.

Come on rgs, 40 years is nothing, Beethoven hasn't written a good number for over 220 years, Regarding fake Texas accents, Mick was doing fake cockney accents back in the 60s ( listen to Get Yer Ya Ya's Out). But he's quite a performer.

I wouldn't mind a duet with the lovely Lisa.

Funnily enough, that "live" album is probably one of the last Stones albums I can listen to.

The funny thing is, the bootleggers beat them to it with this album,

Its only then the record companies started crying about home taping is killing music.

The Skids pay homage to a great British hero who epitomised the spirit of Dunkirk, unlike his left wing commy son in law, Ken Barlow, what a dissapointment he must have been, no wonder Mike Walker swept Deirdre of her feet, Ken the working class loser.

When I was a student in Bristol I got a dog and i called it Ken, partly in honour of Ken Barlow- dull, insipid and utterly forgettable.

But there's something very English about the name Ken- simple, one syllable, plain yet reliable, trustworthy, not prone to flashiness- cardigans and a cup of cocoa in front of the fire and telly.

John Cleese once said, the suburban English try to go through life '' without any bother, the main goal is to reach the end without any fuss''..

Makes me think of this-

• Like 1

rgs, you're not seriously saying your better half, a lady of the Orient, is a follower of Coronation Street?

Surely you haven't come halfway across the world to be dogged by the ghosts of Annie Walker and Elsie Tanner?

It's time to break free, divorce is the only solution, i know a very nice lady from Surin who's looking for a jai dee farang ( though i'm not sure she's a Hawkwind fan).

I see these women every day, some break the cycle and escape, others have their worthless hammock swing boyfriends follow them to the Big mango.

(ai) Peut from upcountry couldnt understand why his gagger mrs came down here and dumped him, another kee maew type, she has since moved onto better things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOD97nANiQ

• Like 1

rgs, you're not seriously saying your better half, a lady of the Orient, is a follower of Coronation Street?

Surely you haven't come halfway across the world to be dogged by the ghosts of Annie Walker and Elsie Tanner?

It's time to break free, divorce is the only solution, i know a very nice lady from Surin who's looking for a jai dee farang ( though i'm not sure she's a Hawkwind fan).

BN, serioulsy it get worse than than that, I shyt you not, not only does she watch CS, she is also addicted to Emmerdale and Eastenders, I was thinking on taking her to Korat to visit LPK, but he died on me, whats a man to do?

Even worse, she recognises this song in all its differnt guises, and cant understand why I listen to young boy (dek wairun) music.

I see these women every day, some break the cycle and escape, others have their worthless hammock swing boyfriends follow them to the Big mango.

(ai) Peut from upcountry couldnt understand why his gagger mrs came down here and dumped him, another kee maew type, she has since moved onto better things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOD97nANiQ

love it rgs !

remember that one from about 5-6 years back and the guy who's dressed as the old lady had a big hit with no name, it just went ner ner nah na...........but then i'm no expert when it come to writing in thai.

do remember this one though and the dancing from the young lads in the crowds. puts a smile on my face every time i watch it, unique to that part of the country.

btw, that woman had some kind of stroke or heart attack a few years back i seem to recall.

https://youtu.be/KLzfZbSAOWs