Why Don'T Thai Banks Show Who Sent You The Money ?

Gents,

I'm sure there is a reason but the amount of extra work to fax receipts to people etc

And know who sends me money etc

I charge people funny amounts, ie don't send me 5000thb send me 4,999 so I know it is you !

Just curious ...

Regards,

Sleesy.

I love this question!! It really bugs me too.

From my understanding, its a hang-over from the design of the original banking systems which were all about savings passbooks and not much of a "checking account" culture. Check accounts create statements which have lots of room to display transaction info; saving passbooks have no room to print anything, so all the good transaction data gets chopped off somewhere along the way. Now in the days of internet banking it would be good to see this info presented. To do this requires massive re-configuring in the back end and transaction systems.

The lack of this information on the bank activity report is a problem for me.

I need to verify rent payments of 20,000 and 38,000 amounts. There are many deposits in this range, big hassle. Think I will have a visit to BKK Bank tomorrow to ask for assistance. Has anyone that?

I wonder how old that design is but really to add one more field to a record of a transaction really isn't a big job....OK ok there will alot more than that but how much time and effort etc is lost trying to resolve credits/debits.

Think what it's like for LARGE companies.

Even my SCB online banking system stores the info of who you send money to ....then doesn't show it on the statement...

I love this question!! It really bugs me too.

From my understanding, its a hang-over from the design of the original banking systems which were all about savings passbooks and not much of a "checking account" culture. Check accounts create statements which have lots of room to display transaction info; saving passbooks have no room to print anything, so all the good transaction data gets chopped off somewhere along the way. Now in the days of internet banking it would be good to see this info presented. To do this requires massive re-configuring in the back end and transaction systems.