Used Motor Bike

toenail

over 60 views and no replies except mine....and I am going to admit, I do not know the answer ?

Any time I mention 2nd hand in Thailand any Thai I have been in the company of goes nuts......and comes up with all the reasons not to buy 2nd hand.

My GF becomes apoplectic even if I so much as look at 2nd hand cars going along Shukumvit .....especally old Mercs which I had a passion for in the UK that has been totally quelled now in Thailand....

I got her to buy a new Honda Click and she did it on H.P. 2,300 baht a month......same as hiring one but maybe I can get some bahts back when a Farrang comes along looking to buy 2nd hand 'cos the Thais wont touch it....

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Every bigger motorbike shop in Pattaya has 2nd hand bikes in all shapes and sizes.

Most bigger motorbike shops are owned by Mityon.

HQ's on junction South Pattaya Road and 3rd Road.

Usually you'll get 1-3 months warrantee and please use it!!

Try to make a trial run and let the bike check thoroughly!! (brakes, suspension, carburator/injection, compression). Will cost you approx. THB 200.

Of course your GF will tell you to buy a new bike............what would you ask for?

Finally, yes there's always a risk of buying "a cat in a bag" (Dutch saying), but hey it's a bike.

Price indication: an automatic, 4 yo, in good shape, should cost more than 50% of its new price at THAT time.

You mean a motor bike of 135cc or less,I always call them scooters ,as you state you want an automatic. Go to the auctions Treppasit 1 road,(think its Friday ,but I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong) about 5 pm. Many do not make reserve price,so see the seller at end of auction and make an offer,also the seller will save sellers fee,so he will let it go cheaper.

There are dozens going through, fully fledged bikes too,just sold mine 175 cc Yamaha good bike for 26000,but it was all gears 1 down 5 up, awful in traffic

Nothing wrong with second hand bikes,if repairs are required it will be as cheap as chips. I bought a Yamaha 135 cc auto less than a year old, half new price 18 months ago, never let me down yet,apart from the bloody punctures.

The TGF keeps asking me for a new bike,that's where it's coming from,the auctions

Every bigger motorbike shop in Pattaya has 2nd hand bikes in all shapes and sizes.

Most bigger motorbike shops are owned by Mityon.

HQ's on junction South Pattaya Road and 3rd Road.

Usually you'll get 1-3 months warrantee and please use it!!

Try to make a trial run and let the bike check thoroughly!! (brakes, suspension, carburator/injection, compression). Will cost you approx. THB 200.

Of course your GF will tell you to buy a new bike............what would you ask for?

Finally, yes there's always a risk of buying "a cat in a bag" (Dutch saying), but hey it's a bike.

Price indication: an automatic, 4 yo, in good shape, should cost more than 50% of its new price at THAT time.

i bought a 18 month old suzuki step auto from mittions 2 years ago they took care of paper work etc and were very obliging it cost 25000bht and otjher than a drive in wait 20mins service a coupla times its been totally reliable if you buy from the auction check the no plate make sure its registered in pattaya saves money and a lot of hassle!