Briton Falls To His Death At Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel

webfact

Briton falls to his death at hotel

By The Nation

Samut Prakan

A British man fell to his death at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel, within Suvarnabhumi Airport compound, yesterday morning, police said.

The body of James Edwards Smith, 30, was found at the back of the hotel with cuts to his hands and a fatal head wound.

He had checked in on Saturday to the hotel's VIP room 2245 on the second floor.

Smith reportedly went to the rooftop on the eighth floor before climbing down the building's glass windows until he reached the fourth floor when he fell. Police suspect the wounds were from cuts sustained while climbing down. Police will speak to his relatives for more information.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-08-24

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is far more to this story ... It is clearly not a case of taking his own life ...

Was someone chasing him or after him ? Would explain why he went to the top floor to try to climb down .

Was he trying to spy on someone on another floor ?

How long had he been in thailand ? Was he departing or just arrived ?

Rip to the brit , but the bib have an investigation on their plate here and I hope they thourly investigate it

Google "Falling out of hotel window" or any other way you can. Not only Thailand :) In the tourist areas in California there are always people falling from hotel windows same as my hometown virginia beach a tourist area tourists falling getting hurt every which way.

Sad and very common in Thailand, farangs jumping out of windows in hotel rooms

This wasn't Pattaya. It is not common outside of that little black hole. I agree, this was very wierd. I am interested in seeing more details.

Typical Thai newspaper story.

Thai journalist relies purely on the word of a copper who just comes out with any facts or assumptions he may have to hand ('cos he's got very used to people not daring to contradict him).

The result is a hotch-potch of omissions, half-truths, inaccuracies and non sequiturs. Absolutely typical. You will meet this again and again if you read the Thai press either in English or Thai.

• Like 2

Sad and very common in Thailand, farangs jumping out of windows in hotel rooms

The published report does not mention anything about a falang jumping from a hotel room window!

I believe this is the well studied phenomenon of lemmingation, it causes some to seek high places , sad .... very sad

Ohhh BIB and their detective skills.

Case open and shut and all under 60 mins and still have time for lunch.

Clearly guy had the money to check into VIP room, clearly he was not an expat to stay at At Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel, so why would someone with money, a tourist at the age of 30 climb outside???

RIP to his family.

Edited by kuffki

There's nothing in the Google translated version of the Thai Rath story that has anything about the victim climbing on the side of the hotel building, as mentioned in the original news report in this thread.

And in fact, there's nothing in the Thai Rath report at all that has mention of any recorded or first-person witness accounts of anyone having actually seen the guy when he fell or whatever happened...

Running down the outside of the building from the 8th to the 4th floor? Why outside? Did he lock himself out to a balcony? Was he looking to get into another hotel room for other 'purposes' was he running from anything? As is already said - too many questions unanswered.ph34r.gif

Five years ago here on Samui an English tourist fell two storages trying to escape from three ladyboys.

He escaped with some bruises.

Apparently he did not want to pay when he found the "surprise" and she called her friends.

• Like 1

Clearly guy had the money to check into VIP room, clearly he was not an expat to stay at At Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel, so why would someone with money, a tourist at the age of 30 climb outside???

RIP to his family.

Ohhh dear, very anti-police. They must be responsible for everything.

I guess when you are an expert arm-chair detective yourself it must be very hard to have any police meet your high investigative standards.

Anyway, I dont want to hold you up, another episode of CSI starts shortly :rolleyes:

• Like 1

RIP to his family.

Ohhh dear, very anti-police. They must be responsible for everything.

I guess when you are an expert arm-chair detective yourself it must be very hard to have any police meet your high investigative standards.

Anyway, I dont want to hold you up, another episode of CSI starts shortly :rolleyes:

I am sure with your extensive experience with law enforcement you can come up with a much better explanation. Ohh i am sorry almost forgot you have retired or have been made retired, so better leave it for the younger ones.

As for your armchair comments, it would appear that it is you who is glued to that armchair, being retired and with your 8000 plus posts.LMAO

Because BIB is very well known to get to the bottom of things and have a perfect score of confessions to crimes.

I guess when they find a man with his hands tied up behind his back hanging from the ceiling is also a clear case of suicide, i am just little unsure did he tie his hands before he hang himself or after? Doh