Phuket Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse Arrested At UK Airport

webfact

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was told he was on a plane to the uk a couple of days ago, allegedly he flew from cambodia, as soon as he got on the flight, they notified the uk authorities.. i would love to see him sent to the usa, prolly wont happen tho.

where did you get this source ? ( just out of interest )

as soon as he got on the flight, they notified the uk authorities

so the cambodians never detained him, just let him get a plane to the UK for them to sort him out, seems strange ?

The usual round of Thai police bashers have fronted up. Welcome!

The fact that he was nabbed at a UK port of entry means that the Thai, British and whatever third (or fourth) country's police successfully worked TOGETHER to ensure he was taken into custody in a country where he's unlikely to escape, pay-off a border guard or otherwise escape justice. This means that the UKBA's fledgling e-Borders system works and works well. It's not just for serial speeding ticket dodgers any more. Watch for the UK government wonks making much of this high-profile success.

For those waiting earnestly for Thai prosecutors to <deleted> up the extradition, keep in mind that it was a US citizen he killed so there's probably already an agreement in place that the death sentence will be taken off the table for the purposes of pissing off the civil libertarians and getting this suspect back to Phuket. After he gets inside the Bangkok Hilton, they can agree to restate the charges and punishment. However, before that happy moment, I would bet that he will be, through his counsel, claiming how he is an unwilling victim of steroid abuse, have come from a broken home, unlikely to get a fair trial, has a dieing mother and the usual stream of excuses.

Once in Lao just get a taxi to friendship bridge in savannakhet and get stamped in, as this is relaxed, if someone stops just say i forgot to get stamped in.

Agree 100% very easy to come or go at the Friendship bridge and get stamped a stamp if so desired. The bottom exit/entry of the duty free markets actually emerge at the bus stop in no mans land so one only has to walk through the bus stop and go to the Lao entry visa section.

T keep in mind that it was a US citizen he killed so there's probably already an agreement in place that the death sentence will be taken off the table for the purposes of pissing off the civil libertarians and getting this suspect back to Phuket. After he gets inside the Bangkok Hilton, they can agree to restate the charges and punishment.

There's no way they would push for the death sentence if they have already told the UK they wouldn't be pursuing it, otherwise it would create problems for any future extraditions.

While I might be considered an "expert" in some things, I freely admit that Law is not one of them. As such, I am just wondering about a few things.

1) I'm fairly certain that the UK would not extradite him back to Thailand UNLESS Thailand guaranteed not to seek the death penalty. Otherwise, it's a no-go.

2) Seeing as how it was an American serviceman he killed, does, or would the U.S. have any jurisdictional say in this matter, such as having him extradited there to try him?

3) Could he, with the assistance of Thai police and authorities, be tried in England for the murder?

Anyone with answers, not speculation please, to #2 & 3, would be welcome.

"Chalong Police hope to have the suspect back in Phuket within a week to be formally indicted"

as it was an international manhunt, so probably interpol was involved. Chances of extradition are high, otherwise thai police wouldn't bother with all the procedures

My understanding, as a British citizen, is that my country doesn't extradite her citizens in cases where the death penalty could be applied. This is because we believe it to be barbaric and it must be said that, at present, it looks like our decision is right with our murder rate per capita standing being 46, whilst Thailand is at 14 and the US is at 24. But I digress.

There could be some good to come from this. Firstly we are likely to send out some serious Detective Inspectors on this one that, once they have got the bar scene out of their system, will work closely with the B.I.B. to reveal just how terrible they are (picture B.I.B. scratching heads saying "Oh, so THAT is what being a policeman is all about") and eventually coming to the conclusion that none of the evidence is fit for a court of law due to non-existent crime scene management. Then again we convicted Paul Gadd (aka Gary Glitter) based off charges levelled by a Vietnamese court, so who knows?

Sad, but true. Sucks, doesn't it. Is he guilty? Looks like it, but then again I would run if my name came up in connection with anything bad in this country....wouldn't you?

Very fishy...maybe he bought his way out of the kingdom. Or he flied from a neighbor country. Almost sure he won't be extradited too, since he's risking the death penalty here in thai. It would be a shame if he got away with a so meaningless and horrendous murder so easily...

I think there's a provision where the Public Prosecutor can promise that he won't seek the death penalty. Unfortunately, Thailand hasn't had very good luck with extradition requests. They finally got Rakesh Saxena back from Canada, but it took them 16 years, during which time he keept operating his boiler room scams and amassing more money (I hate to suspect that any Canadian government official could be corrupt, but the lengthy delays were very bizarre). Even if Thailand succeeds in a reasonable time period it's going to be a lot more than two weeks.

By the way, does anyone know the current status of the Rakesh Saxena case? I haven't seen anything since his arrival at the airport.

I would think the Thai authorities will assure the UK that he won't be facing the death penalty and the UK will therefore be able to extradite him.

You can likely add to that pressure on the UK Government from the Americans given the victim was a member of their armed services.....I reckon he will be extradited eventually and recieve a hefty sentence.

Lets hope the Muay Thai tosser gets sent back ASAP and then we can see just how hard this @anker is in the BKK Hilton.

So hard he had to kill the guy with a knife, YEAH REAL HARD. Allegedly of course ;)

As for him not getting extradited because of the death penalty ? They rarely give foreigners the death penalty and normally commute it to a life, meaning life, sentence. So it shouldn't be a problem NICE!!!!!!!!

I dount very much that he will be extradited back to Thailand now as the penalty is death and the UK will never extradite someone back to face the death penalty even if they rarely give foreigners the death penalty they wont extradite to a country that has the death penalty.

They might do it if they guarantee he will not face the death penalty but I thinks its very unlikely.

The smartest thing he could of done was get out and get home and plead innocent cause this is not going to be easy for Thailand now to get him back he will get a lawyer (for free of course) that will fight to not have him extradited, the cctv video could be argued its not him as his face is not clear but for sure now the law willbe fighting on his behalf as he is presumed innocent until proven guilty in the UK

Shame the wanke_r should get whats coming to him but now it will be a lot longer coming.

i was told he was on a plane to the uk a couple of days ago, allegedly he flew from cambodia, as soon as he got on the flight, they notified the uk authorities.. i would love to see him sent to the usa, prolly wont happen tho.

The U.S. does currently have a Marshall's plane sitting at Don Muang not being used :whistling:

Edited by grumpyoldman

Well 2 other alternatives would be by boat or the train to connect with the trans Siberian railway both very good ways to get out of the Country with less security than there is at International aiports !

Traveling through Cambodia into Vietnam would also be easier as they don't give a S**t about who goes in and out of there !

Er....I think he probably flew. How do you think he got there, by swimming??

Wonder how he got to England?

Boater - not really sure, just hanging out with a brit friend of mine a couple of nights ago and he said to me "apparently he's on a plane from cambodia to the uk right now and they will nab him when he lands in the uk" he told me who told him but it was someone i didn't know so i dont really recall a name or anything.. then i heard the same thing again the next day from another brit that they hnow had him. whether this came from the same source or not i really have no idea. so i guess i'm repeating heresay tho the bit bout him being nabbed in the airport is obviously true =)

it will be interesting to see what his exact route was out of Thailand, also what his version of events where

If he is smart he says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Nobody will be beating a confession out of him in the Uk he has the right to remain silent and put the burden of proof on the prosecuiton of thialand.

If I was him I would be well happy to be home

While I might be considered an "expert" in some things, I freely admit that Law is not one of them. As such, I am just wondering about a few things.

1) I'm fairly certain that the UK would not extradite him back to Thailand UNLESS Thailand guaranteed not to seek the death penalty. Otherwise, it's a no-go.

2) Seeing as how it was an American serviceman he killed, does, or would the U.S. have any jurisdictional say in this matter, such as having him extradited there to try him?

3) Could he, with the assistance of Thai police and authorities, be tried in England for the murder?

Anyone with answers, not speculation please, to #2 & 3, would be welcome.

1) He will never be extradited

2) No way

3) Yes

How do I know? Experience.

We have a similar circumstance in Qld Australia.

USA couple on honeymoon, they go diving at the barrier reef, he is a dive instructor. He does something to her under the water and lets her sink and drown. (vary basic details sorry)

Anyway, he was originally charged with murder but manslaughter was on the table and he pleaded guilty to that. He will get out next year but the USA have sought extradition for him to be charged with murder in USA. Qld government won't allow the extradition because the state in question allows the death penalty. So the head honcho in the USA wrote to confirm they won't request the death penalty and our government has agreed to send him back.

By the way, I originally thought of the double jepeordy rule by doing this but the USA can charge him becaue they base the murder charge on information that he began the preparation for it whilst there on the fact he upped her insurance.

I would think that this guy cannot be charged for this offence in the UK because he committed no crime there or plotted the crime there but a letter requesting an undertaking not to request the death penalty in Thailand would make the extradition possible.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Wallaby

The fact that he was nabbed at a UK port of entry means that the Thai, British and whatever third (or fourth) country's police successfully worked TOGETHER to ensure he was taken into custody in a country where he's unlikely to escape, pay-off a border guard or otherwise escape justice. This means that the UKBA's fledgling e-Borders system works and works well. It's not just for serial speeding ticket dodgers any more. Watch for the UK government wonks making much of this high-profile success.

For those waiting earnestly for Thai prosecutors to <deleted> up the extradition, keep in mind that it was a US citizen he killed so there's probably already an agreement in place that the death sentence will be taken off the table for the purposes of pissing off the civil libertarians and getting this suspect back to Phuket. After he gets inside the Bangkok Hilton, they can agree to restate the charges and punishment. However, before that happy moment, I would bet that he will be, through his counsel, claiming how he is an unwilling victim of steroid abuse, have come from a broken home, unlikely to get a fair trial, has a dieing mother and the usual stream of excuses.

He has another out ok lets say they guarantee he wont be executed FINE but if I was his lawyer I would go after the conditions of the Bangkok Hilton which has many many charges fo Human rights abuses and they have a very valid case to deny extradition on the basis that his human rights would be denied if locked up in the Bangkok Hilton

Unfortunatley the UK and Euorpe are very Human rights orinetated and I think he has a very good case to avoid extradition on multiple fronts.

Very fishy...maybe he bought his way out of the kingdom. Or he flied from a neighbor country. Almost sure he won't be extradited too, since he's risking the death penalty here in thai. It would be a shame if he got away with a so meaningless and horrendous murder so easily...

We discussed the Swede a few days ago - sentenced for a 1st.degree murder on a Thai bar girl back in 2005- he was released after 5 years.

I hope he will rot in a Thai prison.

Edited by Boss

He has another out ok lets say they guarantee he wont be executed FINE but if I was his lawyer I would go after the conditions of the Bangkok Hilton which has many many charges fo Human rights abuses and they have a very valid case to deny extradition on the basis that his human rights would be denied if locked up in the Bangkok Hilton

Unfortunatley the UK and Euorpe are very Human rights orinetated and I think he has a very good case to avoid extradition on multiple fronts.

OK, so the extraditing authorities agree NOT to seek the death penalty and NOT to put him up at the Bangkok Hilton. As soon as another 'out' is invented, it's summarily circumvented.

He may as well be already on his way back IMHO.

ok so other news source says cambodia-singapore-uk

He left Thailand via Khlong Yai immigration on August 17 for Cambodia. The crossing does not have a computer data base.

It is believed Aldhouse then went to Singapore, where he boarded the flight bound for London.

also this is 3 DAYS ! after the murder and Phuket police had supposedly notified EVERY border agency, someone there will be getting the sack i think

also i am surprised no one at singpaore spotted him ... also was he using a fake passport ? or .......

Edited by Boater

He may as well be already on his way back IMHO.

NO CHANCE he will immediately request a lawyer he has a right to a lawyer and they will delay any extradition

Its gonna take a while

Y gotta understand even if a person is found guilty they are still entitled to eat and be treated like a human being which is not what happens in the Bangkok Hilton even if we disagree the UK is so out of whack and treats criminals better then victims

As he faces the death Penalty will he be extradited???

Not that straight forward as you would expect, this is covered in the Extradition Act of 2003 which has been ratified by the Thai Government, Thailand is a Category 2 country for the purpose of the act.

A person can be extradited to a country that has the death penalty for the crime for which the person who is subject to the extradition request is accused, however the Secretary of State has to receive a written undertaking that the death penalty will not be imposed, or if it has already been imposed, will not be carried out.

Section 94 Death penalty

(1) The Secretary of State must not order a person's extradition to a category 2 territory if he could be, will be or has been sentenced to death for the offence concerned in the category 2 territory.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the Secretary of State receives a written assurance which he considers adequate that a sentence of death (a) will not be imposed, or will not be carried out (if imposed).

Unless he agrees to extradited this will be a long and complex procedure.