Two Iranians Arrested At Suvarnabhumi Airport For Smuggling 6.2Kg Of 'Ice' Worth Bt22m

webfact

Iranians arrested for smuggling 6kg of 'ice' at airport

gallery_327_1086_22211.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two Iranian men were arrested on Sunday at the Thai capital's Suvarnabhumi Airport for smuggling 6.2kg of crystal methamphetamine, commonly known as 'ice,' worth Bt21.7 million (about US$687,000), customs officers reported.

Habibihemat Siamak, 41, and Elmjou Mohammad Reza, 25, were detained at Thailand's main international airport after customs officers suspected that the bottom of their baggage was usually thick as if it was specially designed.

The illicit drug was found wrapped in a 23 x16cm package hidden in the baggage.

Both suspects said they had been bought tour packages to travel to Thailand, but they took separate flights from Turkey to Syria to receive their luggage. They later flew together in Qatar in order to reach Thailand.

The traffickers said according to their original plan they were supposed to be met by an agent to stay at a hotel in Bangkok, and denied knowledge of carrying 'ice'.

The accused were transferred to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau and charged with having illegal drugs in their possession for selling. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-08-29

:realangry: How long will it take for them to understand that there's a body scanner. Guess all Iranians have to walk through it now........time to swim to Thailand. There's no underwater scanner guys........ B) Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

:realangry: How long will it take for them to understand that there's a body scanner. Guess all Iranians have to walk through it now........time to swim to Thailand. There's no underwater scanner guys........ B)

They didn't swallow it this time:

The illicit drug was found wrapped in a 23 x16cm package hidden in the baggage.

Iran is exporting its undesirables,better let another country worry about then, reminiscent of Cuba

I find your assertion unbelievable. You are comparing private Iranians smuggling drugs to the Cuban Mariel boatlift (which btw included all kinds of people including a great Cuban poet Reinaldo Arenas).

Edited by Jingthing

Five Iranians arrested for the same thing on Thursday, two more today, more in past few weeks. Bangkwang prison is going to be getting really over crowded with all the Iranians trying to smuggle Ice. But I guess I'm stating the obvious... I do kind of wonder why they all seem to go through Syria though...

It's somewhat amusing is the last ones were spotted because of their sandals looking too thick, this time their luggage looked to thick. I guess they are just plain thick!

Edited by Jimi007

i think the last few months have all been iranians, i think the police need to start doing a bit of further investigating these people and find out who their contacts are here, catching them at the airport is only a small part of an obviously large operation, still good detection work but it's not enough

weren't they using route 666?

Exactly what I expected. I even believe that the mules had no knowledge of the content when one considers the tactics of these criminal gangs, mainly managed by regime members.

Even they had no knowledge of what they were into, it won' save them from 25+ years in jail.

Syria wants money to restore its nuclear facilities plus other conspiratorial reasons.

Excerpt from the 13 Thai women who got sentenced to death in China recently.

A 35 year old from Ubon Ratchathani was invited to Malaysia to go here and there. All of them ended their journeys in the Women’s Prison of Guangzhou and were sentenced to death.

On further enquiry the news reporter learned that the heroin is produced in Afghanistan. It is transported through Pakistan to India. The Thai women were the ‘mules’ who transported the heroin on the final stage to Guangzhou, a densely populated area which was the one of the new China’s rapidly developed prosperous centres, where the drug market also flourished. The 13 Thai women were seduced by promises of independence and freedom, to participate in the international drug trade, schooled by false lovers who made it all seem easy and without risk. Most, or all, are first time offenders who began by being duped to become minor players in a world wide trade where the profits go to the organizers and the pain is borne by the foolish carriers.

Hence the route, same signature, same organization. Hezbollah, Iranian Regime included!!!

The body-scanner wouldn't capture it if swallowed anyway.

But most of these cases are taken using profiling and seeing the behavior of the travelers...

If a body scanner doesn't reveal swallowed drugs, what does it do?

The body-scanner wouldn't capture it if swallowed anyway.

But most of these cases are taken using profiling and seeing the behavior of the travelers...

,yes

If a body scanner doesn't reveal swallowed drugs, what does it do?

,no... there is no bodyscanner, just the behavior and the profile,please read the report again .

i think the last few months have all been iranians, i think the police need to start doing a bit of further investigating these people and find out who their contacts are here, catching them at the airport is only a small part of an obviously large operation, still good detection work but it's not enough

And that are the ones they actually catch. What about those that get through?

Iran is exporting its undesirables,better let another country worry about then, reminiscent of Cuba

And now jump to the thread about the US cop and child abuser send home and repeat your comment.

I find your assertion unbelievable. You are comparing private Iranians smuggling drugs to the Cuban Mariel boatlift (which btw included all kinds of people including a great Cuban poet Reinaldo Arenas).

before you jump down on me

Some 800-900 Cuban criminals were pushed into the United States by Fidel Castro in 1980 (as part of the Mariel Boatlift), and have been in detention ever since. Following their initial detention, these criminals were granted immigration parole into the United States by the INS. While on immigration parole, each of them was convicted of, and sentenced for, violations of state or federal law ranging from attempted murder to trafficking in cocaine to petty theft. After they were released from their imprisonment for these offenses, their immigration parole was revoked on the basis of their convictions. The problem has been that Castro has refused to take them, notwithstanding a formal immigration agreement between the Castro regime and the Clinton Administration.

Master drummer and singer Felipe García Villamil of Matanzas, Cuba, toured throughout Cuba as a ceremonial and stage performer for approximately thirty years before his arrival in the United States in 1980. Carlos Alfonzo, who came from Cuba in 1980 via the Mariel boatlift, achieved national prominence in the art world before he died of AIDS at age 41 in 1991.

Probing and thoughtful, Juan Carlos Zaldívar’s movie "90 Miles" is a personal memoir that offers a rare glimpse into Cuba. The Cuban-born filmmaker recounts the strange fate that brought him as a teenage communist to exile in Miami in 1980 during the dramatic Mariel boatlift. Zaldívar uses news clips, family photos and home movies to depict the emotional journey of an immigrant father and son struggling to understand the historical and individual forces shaping their relationships and identities in a new country.

Edited by seanocasey

Next time you paste in large blocks of text you didn't write yourself, please provide the link.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/mariel-boatlift.htm

BTW, if you are interested in Mariel read the entire link not the selected bit that was quoted. Again, there is no relation whatsoever between the Iranian drug smugglers and the Mariel boatlift.

Edited by Jingthing