Honda 125

flightest

Hi

I bought my honda wave 125I a month ago just before the mission hospital (phuket town), there are two Honda shops in the middle against one another, it went on 50000tbh-51000tbh cash. was no problem

I am very pleased with the bike!

Wait for Honda's new 250, that is suppose to be here next month.

Will be under 150,000thb to compete against Yamaha's 250.

If you really want the 125, just buy a used one, tons of them around for sale look at the gazette's classifieds.

Hi, may i know the name of the honda 250 and the yamaha 250 please? I like to see the picture.

Honda have been saying 'soon' for years.. I will take a bet no 250 appears from them next month..

Theres rumor of 'end of year' for Honda. Sounds like the VTR but no ones talking.

Yamaha dont have any 250's.. They have the Fazer 600 / FZ6 at 490,000 and up.. FZ1 or R1 etc..

Hi

I bought my honda wave 125I a month ago just before the mission hospital (phuket town), there are two Honda shops in the middle against one another, it went on 50000tbh-51000tbh cash. was no problem

do you need to order the bike or can you buy one on the day ?

Hi

do you need to order the bike or can you buy one on the day ?

It depends if they have one in stock. There are several Honda dealers in Phuket town and more around the island. Last time I looked at one of the dealers was a couple of years ago, they were the same price mentioned but they were out of stock and they said it would be about 30 days if I wanted to order one. I didn't. I had two Honda bikes already, still do. I was just offered a used Wave 100 for 8,000 Baht the other day. I would like a new 125, but I really don't need one... Good luck and happy hunting!

Honda have been saying 'soon' for years.. I will take a bet no 250 appears from them next month..

Theres rumor of 'end of year' for Honda. Sounds like the VTR but no ones talking.

Yamaha dont have any 250's.. They have the Fazer 600 / FZ6 at 490,000 and up.. FZ1 or R1 etc..

Yes it's the VTR, "suppose" to be here next month.

And yes, sorry got my rice machine manufacturers mixed up, the 250 I mentioned is a Kawasaki not a Yamaha.

Yes it's the VTR, "suppose" to be here next month.

London to a brick we wont see it that fast.

Will be a fair priced machine if and when it does tho, its more expensive than 140k overseas (usually around 6k USD and 8500 AUD !!) and I am always suspicious of bargains coming 'next month'

Edited by LivinLOS

By the way new motorbikes have been know to be stolen. That's why I have stayed with a bit older ones that no one wants to steal... Same with cars. I have a friend that had his Fortuna stolen from his carport at his house while asleep. I had a motorbike stolen, but I knew who took it and the police recovered it for a small fee. unsure.gif

By the way new motorbikes have been know to be stolen. That's why I have stayed with a bit older ones that no one wants to steal... Same with cars. I have a friend that had his Fortuna stolen from his carport at his house while asleep. I had a motorbike stolen, but I knew who took it and the police recovered it for a small fee. unsure.gif

that worries me a little just bought a second hand nouvo elegance with only 5000 km on it for 30,000 baht . do the crooks have a specific brand or model they target or do they just still any bike they can get . also whats the method they use to get the bike push them away or throw them in the back of a truck ? just trying to figure out the best way to secure it lock the front wheel or find a pole to lock it to?

that worries me a little just bought a second hand nouvo elegance with only 5000 km on it for 30,000 baht . do the crooks have a specific brand or model they target or do they just still any bike they can get . also whats the method they use to get the bike push them away or throw them in the back of a truck ? just trying to figure out the best way to secure it lock the front wheel or find a pole to lock it to?

I have seen people lock their motorbikes. I'm not sure there is a bike that is more targeted, but new ones are targeted more than an old Honda Wave... And I'm not sure of their method as I am not a thief! But I have read about a worn down key being used to start them and drive off...

I think theft is pretty minimal.. The missus has rented bikes for a few years, and you have to assume these are left drunkenly in the worst places, outside safari etc.. They have on a couple of occasions been 'lost' but a combo of mocy taxis and police 'rewards' and they were found within a few hours.

Shes not had any nicked touch wood.

and you have to assume these are left drunkenly in the worst places, outside safari etc..

There was a hash runner by the name of "The Reverend" who a few years back was schnockered out of his mind and "lost" his car in Patong.

Parked it somewhere, the next day couldn't remember where. Combed Patong for days, never did find it. Finally went to the police (mistake) to report his car "missing".

I'm sure the BIB had a good laugh there when Somchai's brother in Isaan received an inexpensive vehicle.

I think theft is pretty minimal.. The missus has rented bikes for a few years, and you have to assume these are left drunkenly in the worst places, outside safari etc.. They have on a couple of occasions been 'lost' but a combo of mocy taxis and police 'rewards' and they were found within a few hours.

Your missus has been lucky. My missus used to rent bikes, but after 3 were stolen (all nearly new Honda Dreams) she gave that up. My last bike was stolen from our car park. Honda Wave S with fancy alloy wheels. So that's 4 bikes lost over the years. Now we only have older bikes, would never buy new again. And we had our share of bikes 'lost' by drunken rentors, but those were found after a quick scout about Patong.

Your missus has been lucky. My missus used to rent bikes, but after 3 were stolen (all nearly new Honda Dreams) she gave that up. My last bike was stolen from our car park. Honda Wave S with fancy alloy wheels. So that's 4 bikes lost over the years. Now we only have older bikes, would never buy new again. And we had our share of bikes 'lost' by drunken rentors, but those were found after a quick scout about Patong.

There ya go.. Luck of the draw and must have simply been on the lucky side for once.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends if you buy new or second hand.. Dealers usually have contacts that handle apps without the full paperwork.

Theres multiple threads in the bike and motoring sections dealing with this, but basically for second hand

Green book

Signed forms (transfer form and power of attorney if the seller isnt present too)

Inspection pass paper (if bike older than 5 years)

Passport + visa + entry stamp.. Buyer AND seller now. Or Thai ID card.

Certification of address from immigration

- or work permit

- or yellow house paper

- or address confirm from embassy.

- Or (if Thai) Tabien baan.

Think thats it.

Edited by LivinLOS

We use a lock that goes through the front wheel, another older bike was stolen from the same parking area where we lived

and they left ours alone, i do not think it is very hard to break the steering lock, that's if people remember to lock the steering.

I have not seen the lock around lately but i am sure you can still buy it, it goes over the forks and through the wheel.