Good English Breakfast

kenny999

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what was wrong with the offshores ?? Or Shielas ?? Or the Islanders ?? Or the Taverns ??

Perhaps if you listed what was wrong with any of them, we might know where your coming from.

Dont the Irish Times do a full fry up ?? Might be worth a check.

So what was wrong with the offshores ?? Or Shielas ?? Or the Islanders ?? Or the Taverns ??

Perhaps if you listed what was wrong with any of them, we might know where your coming from.

Dont the Irish Times do a full fry up ?? Might be worth a check.

I have had breakfasts here and they are okay not exceptional, sometimes you just miss the good old transport cafe big breki, egg. bacon. toms. fried bread. sausage. mushrooms. black pudding and a big mug of piping hot tea, this just cant be replicated here. I m not that desperate to go back to the UK for it though. when you leave your home country you sometimes crave thing's and for me this is one of them, I will survive!!!

Offshore has everything you request minus friend bread..

Not tried a Shielas or Islander in a long time but from memory so did they, minus perhaps black pudding.. Just unsure as to what was missing from the experience.

But they do have friendly staff !!!!

When is Luigi back anyhow, not seen him for a while

Rawai Still a good place the bamboo cafe ,Soi Saiyuan 1 Sign missing. since the new sala built. So see the red sign on viset road for muay thai camp.

coming from chalong [shop house bars] on your right as you come down the hill past witchet bungalows

its the last shophouse on your right, soon as you enter the soi.

rom Rawai Viset road turn left at the pink bus stop sala. last shop house on right

[The orchid garden shut its doors for breakfast some two weeks back ]

bamboo cafe has many variations for breakie even do rice soup, needs some ginger but

for me the 99 baht american selection is great as it contains hash browns or fried potatoes as well as two eggs etc

ah yes i still have to try all other posters recomendations ,

some times its not the breakie but a break away from dull routine riley 76

I have come to the conclusion that there is not a decent English breakfast to be had any where!!!!!

Maybe because you are in Thailand might have something to do with it :whistling:

Juat in case you are unaware other countries do supply English food, cant believe you don't know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offshore has everything you request minus friend bread..

Guessing you meant FRIED bread.

Easily fixed then, get them to chuck the bread in frying pan straight after all the goodies are done and hey presto, delicious fried bread to go with the brekkie.

Other countries have English food? No, they might have imitation English food, but never the real thing, I thought you'd know that!!!!!!

Forgot to mention the 'Big Bhoyo' breakfast at Angus O'Tool's in Karon. You can see what the 'Big Bhoyo' includes here http://www.otools-phuket.com/restaurant_menu.html. An English run Irish Bar with an English chef. Excellent.

I Disagree went from Rawai to Karon Yesterday to have a good Breakfast at O Tooles mainly for the Black Pudding.

A shame because used to be a great Breakfast (3 years ago) now just a pile of deep fried Grease. Girl got order wrong (No Black Pudding) had to pour the excess Grease off the Bacon about 3 teaspoon full 4 half tomatoes a waste.

320 THB but the toast was good.

Best Value for Money Breakfast Wine Connection 140 THB Bacon & Ham, Sausage Egg;s Tomato 1/2 with Pesto Mushrooms Fresh Bread Real Orange Juice and Tea or Coffee Oh and a Fruit Platter Baby Banana Pineapple & Watermelon.

Come on Posters can you get better in Phuket???????????

Certainly not an English Chef just a Thai Girl that throws everything in Deep Fat Fryer Sorry O Tooles No More for Me!

Yesterday I tried the big breakfast in Shakers (Patong). Very good for 195 baht. English sausage, 2 back bacon, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms, fried potatoes, 2 toast, coffee or tea, orange juice. Excellent, but 2 slices of fried bread would have been better than the toast. I'll be back again.

Found a decent English breakfast at last, going up towards Kathu waterfall just passed the Family mart, little bar just after, great breakfast and only 100bht double the size breki 160,bht egg, bacon, sausage, toast, beans, mushrooms, small chopoped potatoes, ands big cup of tea lovely I will be going back.

Seems to me many places are serving the yuppy back bacon rather than traditional streaky variety which I much prefer as it makes good crispy bacon. What is it with this trend for using back bacon which is not as tasty? Maybe it is perceived as being more healthy which for the life of me I cannot understand when it is in the middle of a big fry up. Flinstones, Chalong, had the proper bacon when I was there yesterday.

I would disagree about 'traditional bacon' being streaky and crisp.

Maybe more like this:-

Perhaps I should re word it & say I like fatty bacon which tastes better, to me, & this makes good crispy bacon which I prefer. One can always ask, when placing the order, how they like their bacon cooked. I prefer a good English breakfast that does not use back bacon & lately this seems to be hard to find but then again I don't often eat this type of breakfast & I do not scour the island looking. However, this forum is good for getting recommendations.

Yeah I hear Spike does a solid sunday roast there too.

Spike and his old man, Pop, sold Spikey Dogs bar about 7 months ago to 2 English lads. They kept the same name and ran it similar to before with big brekkies, sunday roasts and quiz nights. John, one of the partners, got a managers job in the new Indochine so now Matt is running it by himself, its ticks along....

Yeah I hear Spike does a solid sunday roast there too.

Spike and his old man, Pop, sold Spikey Dogs bar about 7 months ago to 2 English lads. They kept the same name and ran it similar to before with big brekkies, sunday roasts and quiz nights. John, one of the partners, got a managers job in the new Indochine so now Matt is running it by himself, its ticks along....

Met matt on Monday whilst fishing nice bloke and nice little bar and great breki...

The word "good" with English food? Really? smile.gif Just yanking your chain!biggrin.gif So, what kind of a Sunday roast do they have? Beef, lamb, yorkshire pudding, etc? What's the price? When do they start serving? And where is Spikey's?

Edited by Jimi007

The word "good" with English food? Really? smile.gif Just yanking your chain!biggrin.gif So, what kind of a Sunday roast do they have? Beef, lamb, yorkshire pudding, etc? What's the price? When do they start serving?

yes to me it was good, breki 100 bht, double the size 160 bht yesssss going tomorrow, not sure about the sunday roast as I have not had that yet but sounds very good. I suppose the only way to find out is to try.. I don't eat western food very often but every now and again you need that injection of what we were brought up on.

The word "good" with English food? Really? smile.gif Just yanking your chain!biggrin.gif So, what kind of a Sunday roast do they have? Beef, lamb, yorkshire pudding, etc? What's the price? When do they start serving?

yes to me it was good, breki 100 bht, double the size 160 bht yesssss going tomorrow, not sure about the sunday roast as I have not had that yet but sounds very good. I suppose the only way to find out is to try.. I don't eat western food very often but every now and again you need that injection of what we were brought up on.

So where is this place Spikey's located. I don't know the place ... I'm in Rawai. Thanks, Jimi

So where is this place Spikey's located. I don't know the place ... I'm in Rawai. Thanks, Jimi

I'd like to know too. I've always wanted to find somewhere to eat pub grub when passing through Kathu around lunchtime.

Not sure if it is the same one but only about 100m on the left after you turn up the Kathu waterfall road. I hear this advertised on the radio as having fish n chips as well.

Not sure if it is the same one but only about 100m on the left after you turn up the Kathu waterfall road. I hear this advertised on the radio as having fish n chips as well.

No, wrong one mate, that one is Look Thai Dee and is now closed and up for sale. Spikey Dogs is on the same road Soi Namtok (waterfall rd). Its probably 1km after turning up the Soi, you'll go past the Kathu cable ski on your right then you will see a Family Mart on the right also. The bar is 3 shops up from Family Mart, blink and you'll miss it.

Sunday roast is an all you can eat buffet starting at 4pm. Usually have pork, chicken, beef, lamb with all the usual veggies. I'm not sure on the price as i've never ate it but been there when other people have and it looks great value for whatever the price is. Best to get there at 4pm too because the food doesn't last long when there's a lot of hungry mouths to feed..... (thats a polite way of saying greedy) !!! 55555

Edited by LivinginKata
profaity removed

Yeah its a tiny little place and its a long way down namtok rd.. So a bit of a hidden one..

Never had a roast myself.. Mates have claimed its a solid one tho.

Went there the other day Matt was not there, had egg,bacon and chips, asked for an extra fried egg and got charged 40 bht for it what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could have gone down the market and bought 24 eggs for that, it's not about the money it's the principle I hate getting ripped off, will I go back there yes and if it happens again wont go back again, not a good way to do business as they might have lost a very good customer.