Good English Breakfast

kenny999

Sacs, next to House & Home, do a good breakfast, wonderful toast, but apparently closed this week whilst stocking up on supplies & new staff.

Yeah, I go past early and they are never open.

I used to like the french couple who ran it before but haven't tried it with the new English people running it, I hope the quality is the same or better..

Do they open at 10am or something?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacs, next to House & Home, do a good breakfast, wonderful toast, but apparently closed this week whilst stocking up on supplies & new staff.

I used to like the french couple who ran it before but haven't tried it with the new English people running it, I hope the quality is the same or better..

I think they open at 8 but not sure although I understand closed this week. If I go it would normally be late morning, early afternoon. I feel the quality is pretty good all round both savoury & sweet products (especially the apple slice with cream). Breakfast has good bacon & I like the sausages buy early last week he was worried about getting the same supplies.

Edited by Valentine

I think they open at 8 but not sure although I understand closed this week. If I go it would normally be late morning, early afternoon. I feel the quality is pretty good all round both savoury & sweet products (especially the apple slice with cream). Breakfast has good bacon & I like the sausages buy early last week he was worried about getting the same supplies.

Supplies are the problem.

Even boathouse breakfast has resorted to the little 7/11 style sausages due to the shortages and I hate those little soldiers of hoofs and snouts.

English muffins are also lacking.

Better off making it yourself, or having your misses do it for you. If it's a matter of going out to eat and not cooking I can understand. "Tiffany's" on Chao Fa is a good bet”. Buffet style and fresh.

Not too many places that can cook up a proper meal the way "you" like it.

I find buying all the ingredients and doing it at home is more cost effective and a lot more delicious and fulfilling at the same time. It's the clean up that sucks!

Doesn’t take a chef to cook up some good breakfast grub..

Better off making it yourself, or having your misses do it for you. If it's a matter of going out to eat and not cooking I can understand. "Tiffany's" on Chao Fa is a good bet". Buffet style and fresh.

Not too many places that can cook up a proper meal the way "you" like it.

I find buying all the ingredients and doing it at home is more cost effective and a lot more delicious and fulfilling at the same time. It's the clean up that sucks!

Doesn't take a chef to cook up some good breakfast grub..

Ive been doing a lot of that lately, getting the missus to cook and clean up at home...although it is nice to know where the good cafe's are to meet friends. Also when visitors are coming over you can show them around,

Ive been doing a lot of that lately, getting the missus to cook and clean up at home...although it is nice to know where the good cafe's are to meet friends. Also when visitors are coming over you can show them around,

You are right, I used go to this place called the Karon Cafe. Place used to be pretty good "buffet style", but for some reason or another they changed up the entire concept. If you wanted something more you needed to order it from the waitress. Of course this would translate to a 15 -30 minute wait for a couple more items. Sometimes longer depending how full it was. I asked them why the change, and they said "cost control ". Apparently people were taking more than what they were eating. It's a shame, use to be a nice place to sit and meet up with friends as you mentioned. Unfortunately haven’t been there since.

You are right, I used go to this place called the Karon Cafe. Place used to be pretty good "buffet style", but for some reason or another they changed up the entire concept. If you wanted something more you needed to order it from the waitress. Of course this would translate to a 15 -30 minute wait for a couple more items. Sometimes longer depending how full it was. I asked them why the change, and they said "cost control ". Apparently people were taking more than what they were eating. It's a shame, use to be a nice place to sit and meet up with friends as you mentioned. Unfortunately haven’t been there since.

Know what you mean about Karon Cafe. Their breakfasts used to be terrific value for money. Been recommending it for over 12 years. But as you said they changed the buffet style over a year ago. I've never been back. Plus parking is a real problem. I never noticed anyone taking excessive amounts of food from the buffet, but I guess Erik (the owner) knows all about 'cost control'. I changed to having Breakfast at the Coffee Pot at the traffic lights on Patak Rd near the PTT gas station, but then Tony died and the place closed. I'm still searching around for a good breakfast place in the Kata area. Must try those recommendation on Chao Fa Road.

I live in Nai Harn and have tried most of the local breakfasts. One stands out amongst the rest.

Morning Coffee

Next to the Da Vinci restaurant (B Zenter Mall) in the middle of the village.

Not cheap at 165 Baht but all quality goods cooked well. Includes proper bread, a common point of failure in many places.

Small and friendly so you can make adjustments to your breakfast without skyward looks from the staff.

My tummy's rumbling - guess where I'm going.

Not cheap at 165 baht???? seriously that is 5 bucks. where do u normally eat?

I live in Nai Harn and have tried most of the local breakfasts. One stands out amongst the rest.

Morning Coffee

Not cheap at 165 Baht but all quality goods cooked well. Includes proper bread, a common point of failure in many places.

Small and friendly so you can make adjustments to your breakfast without skyward looks from the staff.

Yes, it's not bad, but, that bread you mention is just a couple of rounds cut from a very ordinary baguette; it isn't even toasted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; best breakfast is The Full Monty at Kallots for 170 Bt.

House and Home where?

Chaofa Road West, just before Phrompan.

Ahhhh, that place. Thanks for the info. I always pass it and forget to slow down and enter. If you do not look for it, you do not see it.

And the food is ok, then?

They have the best toasted bread I have had with my breakfast.

Morning Coffee

Yes, it's not bad, but, that bread you mention is just a couple of rounds cut from a very ordinary baguette; it isn't even toasted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; best breakfast is The Full Monty at Kallots for 170 Bt.

Just was down at morning coffee today, exceptional food and I will be returning, 625 baht for 3 peoples breakfast is awesome value too. The setting is very nice too. 8/10

Stopped there a few days ago. First day back open with new staff. Always meant to stop each time I pass. Easy parking, relaxed atmosphere, good service. Tried the London Breakfast, tasty, cost 195 baht. Only niggle no juice included. Bought a range of pies to take away. I'll be back.

• 5 months later...

Morning Coffee have new owners along with a really good full breakfast.

Location please.

next door to da vinci on sai yuan ...coming from kata on rhs just before da vinci ....opposite spoonful of sugar ...

Morning Coffee

I find it amusing, people who think a $5 breakfast is expensive

Last time i ate out for breakfast at Cottesloe beach, Perth, WA

it cost $18 and that was 8 years ago, probably more like $30 now

The only thing i think is expensive here as far as food goes is lobster

Know what you mean about Karon Cafe. Their breakfasts used to be terrific value for money. Been recommending it for over 12 years. But as you said they changed the buffet style over a year ago. I've never been back. Plus parking is a real problem. I never noticed anyone taking excessive amounts of food from the buffet, but I guess Erik (the owner) knows all about 'cost control'. I changed to having Breakfast at the Coffee Pot at the traffic lights on Patak Rd near the PTT gas station, but then Tony died and the place closed. I'm still searching around for a good breakfast place in the Kata area. Must try those recommendation on Chao Fa Road.

In case you didn't know Erik gave karon cafe to his ex Missus a few years back who took away the fry up because she hadn't a clue on how to maintain it, 30million baht buisness and don't do fry ups..priceless!! PS Erik has moved on to pattaya

Following a recent recommendation here, I'm now a fan of the breakfasts at Wine Connection.

Even if not a buffet, it's a fair price - 154 baht. And the chance to relax over a decent cooked breakfast, with the newspapers, is a great way to start the morning.

• Like 1

Last time I went down that area I could not find them. Will go on streetview and see if I can see them. Sounds delicious.

I found it on google earth. I went there a few months ago (4) and the food was not that good. When did they change owners, to warrant such rave reviews?

Edited by Somtamnication

Morning Coffee

I find it amusing, people who think a $5 breakfast is expensive

Last time i ate out for breakfast at Cottesloe beach, Perth, WA

it cost $18 and that was 8 years ago, probably more like $30 now

The only thing i think is expensive here as far as food goes is lobster

In comparison to Thai food it is expensive or for people on a low budget it is expensive...

In comparison to a breakfast in England it is cheap

Last time I went down that area I could not find them. Will go on streetview and see if I can see them. Sounds delicious.

I found it on google earth. I went there a few months ago (4) and the food was not that good. When did they change owners, to warrant such rave reviews?

Not sure when they changed owners but to me is better than with the previous owner. I thought it was better than Bamboo House, which I like, & where I had a full breakfast a few weeks ago.