Wtf! 1 Euro Below 40 Baht ?

Lammbock

Just saw it on TV currency exchange rates.

I can't believe that. <deleted>!!! For 1 Euro you get 39.05 THB

I remember a time of 50 THB / euro and a long time steady 47 THB / euro

USD also seams very weak these days.

Whats wrong here?????????? :bah:

Best Regards,

Lammbock

Excellent news!

Maybe a holiday in Europe is on the cards again now.. :) That used to be almost unaffordable with the Euro at a ridiculous 50 baht.

Comparing the price levels in Europe with price levels in the USA, I think it should go down some more; probably 30-35 would be nice, just like the USD.

• Like 1

Excellent news!

Maybe a holiday in Europe is on the cards again now.. :) That used to be almost unaffordable with the Euro at a ridiculous 50 baht.

Comparing the price levels in Europe with price levels in the USA, I think it should go down some more; probably 30-35 would be nice, just like the USD.

Almost time to start sending my left overs home.

Kind of cool that 100,000b has gone from 2,000 euro, to over 2,500 euro.

Now that is how to make lemonade out of lemons ;) Good work boys

Good for us Thais. We can get more Euro, Dollar, Pound, Franc, Mark, Drachm, Lira, Gulden, Shiling, Escudos, Koruna, Pesetas, Tolar, etc.

Just a hint, so can I, just as many in fact, and I'm not Thai. ;)

Good for anybody from the Euro zone earning THB.

Edited by thomo

anyone care to speculate in which month the dollar will dip bellow 30bht?

what will this do to thailands export market? will those few deal makers keep buying astonishing ammounts of dollars to balance the economy...? Can that go on indefinately?

if you can answer all the above and have a spare halfmillion bucks, you could get pretty rich in the next couple of years.

oh, you'll need a reliable and fast internet connection too... :whistling:

anyone care to speculate in which month the dollar will dip bellow 30bht?

what will this do to thailands export market? will those few deal makers keep buying astonishing ammounts of dollars to balance the economy...? Can that go on indefinately?

if you can answer all the above and have a spare halfmillion bucks, you could get pretty rich in the next couple of years.

oh, you'll need a reliable and fast internet connection too... :whistling:

September easily

Exports? Well just look at the US when its dollar was strong ;)

None can buy dollars faster than the FED is printing/digitizing them

Edited by flying

Thailand is less and less attractive a destination. TBH won't stay this strong as we head out of world recession though.

What KPI's are telling you we are heading out of this recession? and not down into the second dip of it? :huh:

I’m genuinely sorry for them that are feeling the pinch with the currency exchange, but as they say; Swings and roundabouts. I’m paid in $ that’s the bad side, “bummer” but was very lucky having brought sterling into Thailand some time back at 79THB/Pound, invested it here, recently turned it back into cash, (Crap return) but the exchange rate now, WoW! Thai tax paid, am looking at moving it back to Europe……. But when……Will it fall or rise?

Its all a bit naive though, as the currency grows stronger the export buisness suffers, since thai is no.1 ( not sure if still the case) producer and exporter of rice other countries will look elsewhere, same goes for rubber, sugar( though not this year apparently) etc

So in some ways beneficial in other ways not,

I am interested in watching this euro drop though and the dollar, I think it ought to deter some of the sex tourists god willing

hmmm, I would be interested to see what the irish situation is doing to the euro too, down with the euro and may it fall heavily on the germans heads

Thailand is less and less attractive a destination. TBH won't stay this strong as we head out of world recession though.

and the LORD sent one more prophet to guide us on the future of THB exchange rates :lol:

Its all a bit naive though, as the currency grows stronger the export buisness suffers, since thai is no.1 ( not sure if still the case) producer and exporter of rice other countries will look elsewhere, same goes for rubber, sugar( though not this year apparently) etc

I am interested in watching this euro drop though and the dollar, I think it ought to deter some of the sex tourists god willing

hmmm, I would be interested to see what the irish situation is doing to the euro too, down with the euro and may it fall heavily on the germans heads

an interesting topic. Anglo Irish received until now bail-out cash equivalent to 15% of Ireland's GDP (not to talk about the cash which was pumped into other irish banks). until a few weeks ago, whatever was done was considered "sufficient". but the pundits have voiced new doubts and rumour has it that additional cash is required to save the bank. if this is really the case it will cause additional strain on the currency of €UR-Land.

but you should elaborate why the EUR should fall heavily on the Germans heads. did the German army march into Ireland, Greece, Spain and force the governments of these countries to cheat, lie, forge, commit fraud, etc. to abolish their currencies and adopt the EUR? :huh:

Receive my incomes over to Thailand in pounds, US dollars and Euros. So I`m a triple loser.

I cannot see an end to this currency decline in the foreseeable future. Like so many others I brought over a large amount of Thai bahts to see me through these stormy periods, but also like many others I am on borrowed time before I need to tap into my foreign accounts and bring over more money.

Very concerning. Is there a currency expert in the house?

post-110219-043246000 1283247469_thumb.j

• Like 1

an interesting topic. Anglo Irish received until now bail-out cash equivalent to 15% of Ireland's GDP (not to talk about the cash which was pumped into other irish banks). until a few weeks ago, whatever was done was considered "sufficient". but the pundits have voiced new doubts and rumour has it that additional cash is required to save the bank. if this is really the case it will cause additional strain on the currency of €UR-Land.

but you should elaborate why the EUR should fall heavily on the Germans heads. did the German army march into Ireland, Greece, Spain and force the governments of these countries to cheat, lie, forge, commit fraud, etc. to abolish their currencies and adopt the EUR? :huh:

um not really would just be interested to see how it all pans out, euro was considered a big joke for a long time, Ireland did well out of it. Would kind of be happy to see how the allemandies who have a habit of criticising other currencies in the region deal with the latest challenge were it to be pulled down by combined, greek , irish and some new eastern european members contributions.

Purely on a scientific basis mind, what would the impact be on europe? strong gold backing them up, it would be very interesting, since the germans took it upon themselves to be head of the euro currency

down with the euro and may it fall heavily on the germans heads

Racist.

They are paying me in Euros.

nice to see some reader playing a race card on me, er would you care to elaborate on how this could be?

perhaps you could give me a hint? what exactly is racist?

Well you would imagine that the Thai gov would try to support the baht so that it does not fall too low to hurt exports. of course, i believe they already tried this a few times on the way down. i remember when the exchange rate in Thailand was 33:1 while it was 30:1 outside of Thailand, their previous attempts proved futile. i don't think that they can match the western printing presses!

nice to see some reader playing a race card on me, er would you care to elaborate on how this could be?

perhaps you could give me a hint? what exactly is racist?

Sorry, the smileys don't seem to be working for me so I stopped using them.

Just trying for humour in the rather unfunny situation of having ever less to live on.

Not intended to be taken literally.

Naam: an interesting topic. Anglo Irish received until now bail-out cash equivalent to 15% of Ireland's GDP (not to talk about the cash which was pumped into other irish banks). until a few weeks ago, whatever was done was considered "sufficient". but the pundits have voiced new doubts and rumour has it that additional cash is required to save the bank. if this is really the case it will cause additional strain on the currency of €UR-Land.

um not really would just be interested to see how it all pans out, euro was considered a big joke for a long time, Ireland did well out of it. Would kind of be happy to see how the allemandies who have a habit of criticising other currencies in the region deal with the latest challenge were it to be pulled down by combined, greek , irish and some new eastern european members contributions.

Purely on a scientific basis mind, what would the impact be on europe? strong gold backing them up, it would be very interesting, since the germans took it upon themselves to be head of the euro currency

let's be fair. that the "allemandies" criticised or have a habit to criticise other currencies is either a wrong perception or a fairy tale. eastern european countries do not play a big role as far as the EURo's future is concerned. but the EURo's present status might be well brought down by the debt problems of Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Ireland if those can't be solved. the conception of the EUR was never a joke and for a certain timespan all members benefitted immensely until the irresponsible political clowns in the afore-mentioned countries abused the system and piled up debt because suddenly the 14% interest of the Peseta, the 12% interest of the Lira, the 15% interest of the Drachma, the 12% interest of the Escudo (don't remember pre-€ irish interest rates) were replaced by extremely low € interest.

a breakdown of the existing EUR-zone would have a global impact, sovereign €-debtors would default thus causing tremendous risk aversion which would endanger other sovereign debtors globally, even on other continents, and their ability to refinance their debt. in short, we would see a domino effect with implications we can't fathom presently.

needless to say that Great Brittania and Brits, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as well as their inhabitants would receive a very hard economic kick in their àsses too.

by ze vay, did i mentchion zat i'm a Tchermann? av-11672.gif

What KPI's are telling you we are heading out of this recession? and not down into the second dip of it? :huh:

in fact, everything is hinting at the EU and US economies heading into a Japanese-style stagnation.