Movies I Want To See

Garry

The Spoils of Babylon

Rottern tomatoes ......

Tim Robbins, Kristen Wiig, Tobey Maguire devote their talents to absurdity.Robbins plays a speculator turned millionaire who adopts Maguire's character after finding him at the side of the road. Wiig's character, Robbins’ biological daughter, wants her new brother to kiss her, a lot. There are shades of “Citizen Kane,” “There Will Be Blood,” and the original “Lolita.” But none of that matters. This is silliness for its own wonderfully ridiculous sake.

HELIX

This has been released and I hadn't seen it before . Looks interesting .

A team of scientists are thrust into a potentially life or death situation in this thriller, which begins with the group being deployed to the Arctic to secretly investigate what could be a disease outbreak

The TV series Fargo.

Just finished episode 1 of this 10 part series and loved it.

IMDB: A drifter named Lorne Malvo arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the
population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.

http://www.imdb.com/...0/?ref_=nv_sr_1

By the Coen Brothers, this one (so far) has everything. It's dark, violent and quirky.
Superbly written and Billy Bob Thornton is just outstanding.

If the remaining 9 episodes are half as good as this one, we'll be in for a treat.
Too early to call as yet for the whole series, but for me, this was the best pilot
I've seen in quite a while.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Have just finished The Rocket 2013.

http://www.imdb.com/...6/?ref_=nv_sr_2

From IMDB: A boy who is believed to bring bad luck to everyone around him leads his family and two new friends through Laos to find a new home. After a calamity-filled journey through a land scarred.

Really enjoyed this one guys. Watched it with my significant other who enjoyed it as well.

To make it even better (for me), it's an Aussie film written and directed by an Aussie.

Recommended

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

My internet connection is so good now, I find myself overwhelmed with a library of HD movies and series. I can’t seem to get caught up. I transfer a few dozen at a time onto this little 64gig thumb drive and plug it into the TV. Between the HD programing and whats on the thumb drive I am never short on content. Personally I have never been into the old or obscure but understand many people are. I recently did a marathon viewing of House of Cards, season 1 & 2. I really enjoyed that.

I have a back log of movies and TV shows that I will need to live to a 120 to watch at my present rate.

I love a lot of the old movies, some are so well made, I suppose they had to be with the limited special effects that they had, unlike todays stuff which are mostly all zombies etc to the detriment of plot.

Thank you for being understanding.... tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

I have a back log of movies and TV shows that I will need to live to a 120 to watch at my present rate.

I love a lot of the old movies, some are so well made, I suppose they had to be with the limited special effects that they had, unlike todays stuff which are mostly all zombies etc to the detriment of plot.

Mr. Understanding, that's me sounds like a good name for a movie, too.

Sent from my iPhone.

• Like 1

Mr. Understanding, that's me sounds like a good name for a movie, too.

Sent from my iPhone.

So do you call your wife Miss-understanding !!!wink.png

• Like 2

I see a new alien invasion movie is coming up for release, Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise.

I must admit I like the format.

Watched The Hobbit 2, The Desolation of Smaug on the weekend.

I think it was better than part one, the Mrs is a big LOtR fan and gave it the thumbs up as well.

I suppose you either like this stuff or you don't.

• Like 1

The TV series Fargo.

Just finished episode 1 of this 10 part series and loved it.

IMDB: A drifter named Lorne Malvo arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the

population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.

http://www.imdb.com/...0/?ref_=nv_sr_1

By the Coen Brothers, this one (so far) has everything. It's dark, violent and quirky.

Superbly written and Billy Bob Thornton is just outstanding.

If the remaining 9 episodes are half as good as this one, we'll be in for a treat.

Too early to call as yet for the whole series, but for me, this was the best pilot

I've seen in quite a while.

Just watched the first episode on Will's recommendation, amazing stuff, probably as good a new series as I've seen.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Whiplash

Early days yet, but a contender for movie of the year I reckon.
Thought J.K Simmons was sensational.
Just a fantastic movie.

IMDB: A promising young drummer enrolls at a cutthroat music conservatory where his dreams
of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a student's potential.

http://www.imdb.com/...2/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• 3 months later...

I would never have pegged you for an F and F fan!

I saw King Naresuan at Central Cineplex recently, which I enjoyed but I know it's a fairly minority taste - even among Thais.

Another Thai movie I've watched 3 times in the last few weeks in an attempt to improve my language skills is Ghost College of Fine Arts, which I really enjoyed.

I've been on the Search for "The Ugly American - Marlon Brando". It was on the TV about 3 years ago, on Aussie SBS

In the meantime, I'm filling my boots with all those great old Thai/Siam historical snippets from British Pathe' on YouTube, as it fills the mind with new ideas for what to fill the Shopping List...

Edited by tifino

The Bicycle Thieves. A 1948 film by Vittorio De Sica, truly amazing and on the "must watch" list of film students to this day. Don't be put off by the Italian soundtrack of the film, the link i give has English subs, please watch, hope you enjoy and pass it on to others.