Thaksin Says He Can Push Thai Politics Back On Course

webfact

Thaksin says he can push politics back on course

Thaksin Shinawatra appears upbeat he could play a vital role in putting politics back on course, shrugging off legal woes and pinning hope on the shifting political wind to fix his predicament as the fugitive ex-premier.

"I think there is a good chance for the resumption of political normalcy even though it is not happening at this time due to many politicians selling their democratic spirits to dictatorship with the hope of clinging to power," he said in a second part of his interview published in Friday's Thai Rath online edition.

Thaksin said he believed Thailand could become a truly democratic country under two conditions if politicians would unite in upholding democracy and if the people would consistently cast their votes to punish pseudo-democratic politicians.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-03

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selective Memory Syndrome

I think there is a good chance for the resumption of political normalcy even though it is not happening at this time due to many politicians selling their democratic spirits to dictatorship with the hope of clinging to power," he said in a second part of his interview published in Friday's Thai Rath online edition.

Although he might be referring to defecting PTP MP's, he may equally well refer to various MP's bought into TRT or PTP.

As for

Thaksin said he believed Thailand could become a truly democratic country under two conditions if politicians would unite in upholding democracy and if the people would consistently cast their votes to punish pseudo-democratic politicians.

I think under those conditions K. Thaksin could have no hope for a further role here in Thailand.

• Like 2

...shrugging off legal woes and pinning hope on the shifting political wind to fix his predicament...

Thaksin, the eternal optimist. He may even get there. Do not write him off yet. Just an assessment, not necessarily my hope or wish. I have no say in it, anyway. In the end, if it gets that far, the Thai people will have to decide at the ballot box.

• Like 1

Come back Thaksin, we await your return, then things may start to prosper again in Thailand. :)

Prosper for him without a doubt.

He needs to get his $2billion back some how.:) And if memory serves me correctly, he helped a lot of poor rural people that deserved it the most. and not to forget the Police and Taxi drivers etc.

• Like 1

This guy is in La La Land, delusions of grandeur, he needs help, then again,this is Thai democracy??? :(

This is the sort of democracy where the defense minister makes the news by saying the rumours of a coup are not true - when there were no rumours in the first place.

What he said: "Defense Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has voiced his readiness to consider lifting the state of emergency should the situation ease off,

stressing that the military has no initiative to orchestrate a coup d’état."

What he meant: Just in case you have all forgotten, the army considers it an option to have a coup anytime the government displeases us, so keep that military budget flowing, boys.

Can you imagine the reaction if the UK defense minister made a similar statement? It would likely be perceived as rather undemocratic that the subject of a coup is even on the table.

• Like 1

i thought this forum had reached the point where it paid little heed to the ravings of the convicted criminal and accused terrorist

he is like the rest of the red shirts, merely in the knee jerk spasms of death throes

like i said many moons ago on this very forum, Abhisit will have an election when he is good and ready and he and Korn will win by a landslide

Come back Thaksin, we await your return, then things may start to prosper again in Thailand. :)

does it make any difference who ever is in power they are there only to line their own pockets, look at G.B U.S.A or any other first second or third world world country

• Like 1

I figure he's brought into this celebrity thing, he's seen jade goody and now he's thinking all publicity is good publicity so he's decided to flood the media with articles about himself,

next we will be seeing

'ex ****** caught drunk driving and smoking strange herbal ciggy's when questioned by the police he said

it's a fair cop guv

ex wham musician eat your heart out

i thought this forum had reached the point where it paid little heed to the ravings of the convicted criminal and accused terrorist

he is like the rest of the red shirts, merely in the knee jerk spasms of death throes

like i said many moons ago on this very forum, Abhisit will have an election when he is good and ready and he and Korn will win by a landslide

Agree!

Thaksin bought nearly every MP in his stable.

He inherited a small and declining party, Palang Tham, a party based on ideals, but instead of developing that, he bought every MP, bar one of NAP, Chart Pattana and other small parties.

His enormous wealth and rampant patronage set Thailand's democracy back years.

He is an utter disgrace to the Thai nation.

It does however take two to tango. Unfortunately corruption rules - people were quite happy to be bought. People still are.

due to many politicians selling their democratic spirits to dictatorship with the hope of clinging to power

There he goes talking about himself again... If you think Thai politics are bad now, can you imagine how much worse it would be if this megalomaniac ever returns to power??? :ph34r:

• Like 1

does it make any difference who ever is in power they are there only to line their own pockets, look at G.B U.S.A or any other first second or third world world country

your 1rst point is very true and very important and was not mentioned by Thaksin; more and more and more Thais are realising and writing that Corruption is main, root cause of the conflicts and turmoil.

fixing that will create a new course...........

however, to compare TiT to GB and USA? sure they might have some ladyboys, but not at the artistic and indemic levels is there corruption in the West as in Thailand.

There are arrests and impeachments in the West.

Thaksin is only amongst a small handful that have ever been convicted. The other 1000's and 1000's get badges for it!

When Thailnd has 600 arrests for corruption in the year, like Australia, then they can sit on the same comparison.

"I think there is a good chance for the resumption of political normalcy even though it is not happening at this time due to many politicians selling their democratic spirits to dictatorship with the hope of clinging to power,"

Oh yes, he is the heart and soul of reconciliation.

On his terms of course.