Funeral Notice Derek Adams

whybob

Derek Adams of the Clinic Bar in Soi Yamato passed away last Tuesdayand his funeral details are as follows

the cremation will take place at Wat Tamsammakee

'

entrance at the junction of Sukumvit and South Pattaya Rd on the" dark side"

Sunday 5th Sept. at 15.30 hrs

All friends of Derek and Oi are cordially invited to attend

A wake will be held at the Clinic Bar on Soi Yaamato afterwards

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hel_l...

When I first moved over here in '93 the clinic was there already with Derek... Actually I think it was named differently, bugger if I can remember, but I guess around maybe '95 he renamed the place and put his girls in nurse uniforms!

Usually went there to watch the football...

RIP Derek...

Derek took over what was called the Bike Shop and renamed it Mad Micks Bar - Where the plain insane meet!

Early 1993 it was.

Ah happy days...

Yep, the old days when you could park a car in Soi Yamoto or Soi Post office at virtually any time of day or night.

I used to go to The Bike Shop and after too when Derek took over, was rather good at first but Derek soon lost the girls, after he got rid of Little Jimmy as his manager, the place went downhill.

I lived upstairs for a while and used to look after the place when Derek went to Ireland.

I have only just seen this thread and its the first I have heard of Dereks death.

RIP Derek.

Edited by sillyman99

I cant find any mention of Dereks death in any other news scource or any other Pattaya Forum.

Usually when a Pattaya Bar Owner who has been in Thailand as long as Derek had there would be some news about what exactly happened and quite a few posts in different Forums.

I suppose Derek and his Bar were not very popular with the local expats.

Anyone know the cause of death ?

I'm sure I saw him a couple of weeks back on second road.

I cant find any mention of Dereks death in any other news scource or any other Pattaya Forum.

Usually when a Pattaya Bar Owner who has been in Thailand as long as Derek had there would be some news about what exactly happened and quite a few posts in different Forums.

you're right,not very popular and sometimes he would give the impression that he hated every thing and everybody,but once you got through that "tough" exterior i know from experience he was as soft as sihte inside.(he had a stroke)

Edited by Rimmer