Vegemite Where To Buy

Pattayatony

Help needed, Can anyone tell me where I can buy Vegemite in Pattaya? Im sure some other Aussies would like to know also. :o

Friendship Supermarket in Pattaya Tai usually stocks Vegemite.

On rare occasions, Foodland in Pattaya Klang also has it, but it doesn't last long... gotta be quick.

:D

Help needed, Can anyone tell me where I can buy Vegemite in Pattaya? Im sure some other Aussies would like to know also. :D

If it's hard to get in Pattaya it's impossible here in the northern rice fields of Isaan. I always bring back, from Aus, at least 6 months supply of Vegemite, Gravox, MasterFood spices, Fountain jelly mint sause etc. with heaps of other commodities and we are often trading with other farang in the area.

Marmite
:D No trading value :o

Help needed, Can anyone tell me where I can buy Vegemite in Pattaya? Im sure some other Aussies would like to know also. :o

It's actually sold in quite a few places - Best Supermarket by Dolphin roundabout has it.

They also sell Sanitarium Marmite, but as yet I've not seen Marmite the UK brand, which of course is the original and best!

I get the feeling that many people have never shopped for themselves before they come to Pattaya and simply can't find their way around supermarkett selves. Which incidently follow a different logic to back home.

Edited by wilko

Help needed, Can anyone tell me where I can buy Vegemite in Pattaya? Im sure some other Aussies would like to know also. :D

If it's hard to get in Pattaya it's impossible here in the northern rice fields of Isaan. I always bring back, from Aus, at least 6 months supply of Vegemite, Gravox, MasterFood spices, Fountain jelly mint sause etc. with heaps of other commodities and we are often trading with other farang in the area.

Marmite
:D No trading value :o

All readily available in Pattaya!

• 1 year later...
MARMITE IS THE ONLY ONE

Blasphemer.

"The path of the righteous, vegemite-loving man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil, marmite-eating men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness and to a store that sells vegemite, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers with marmite. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Jules, Pulp Fiction, 1994.

Edited by dgoz

You can now buy Marmite in a plastic "squeeze me" jar (same design) so you can dribble it easily onto your bread.

This also makes it light enough so you can always cram a few extra jars into your overweight luggage. Only in the UK though, unless somebody has found some over here.

Marmite is of course the original...made from waste products from the brewing industry. Marmite gets its name from the French stewpot on the label.......Vegemite has kept the "mite" part to extablish the kind of product it is....a shallow imitation of the original. In fact it took years of persuasion before the Aussies would comsume the stuff, I think in the end it had to undercut Marmite to establish itself in the market....not too difficult as Marmite had to come halfway round the world!

My personal stock of Marmite, all new and un opened mmmgood :o

nice pic!! Marmite is now readily available in Bangkok, its always on the shelves so no need to stock up so much!!!

for info i see food by phone also selling it through their supermarket items.

We're happy little Vegemites

As bright as bright can be.

We all enjoy our Vegemite

For breakfast, lunch, and tea.

Our mother says we're growing

stronger every single week.

Because we love our Vegemite.

We all adore our Vegemite.

It puts a rose in every cheek!

In China they've been caught selling food stuff reconstituted from dead human's hair !!!

There are strong rumours the people who make Marmite, are seen in the early hours collecting substances from fields recently vacated by cows.

Think I'll stick to the hair.

• 6 months later...
You can now buy Marmite in a plastic "squeeze me" jar (same design) so you can dribble it easily onto your bread.

This also makes it light enough so you can always cram a few extra jars into your overweight luggage. Only in the UK though, unless somebody has found some over here.

Taste isnt same tho as they added stuff to make it squeezier

At least Marmite is bloody BRITISH!

Vegemite is manufactured by Kraft (founded by a Canadian who moved to Chicago) but doesn't feature on any of their corporate web-sites as a premium product.

If any of you have worked in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia you will probably be familiar with the sheep ships that come from Oz - have a purple sort of haze drifting for a mile or more around them, with the smell seeping out even further.

What happens when the cargo is driven down the ramps and the hoses are turned onto the decks - along comes the vegemite vacuum truck fleet, sucks it all up and boils it down to a brown sticky goo.

Marmite = MARvellous MIxture To Eat

Vegemite = Vile, Extremely-Gross, Evil Mess Induces The Emetic