House Broken Into While Sleeping Police Say Sleeping Gas?

nuksoo1980

This is 100% an urban legend. Show me one video of a burglar using gas, or one case where a burglar was caught with some kind of gas. You can't because there isn't any such video or case.

All known anesthetic gases are heavier than air. You'd have to flood the whole sleeping compartment, or in this case the house, in order to make sure the people were knocked out. That's a hell of a lot of gas.

The margins are very small between risking someone waking up, and killing everybody. (Google 117 Russian hostages killed by police when police try to use gas to knockout hostage takers)

You don't get knock-out gas and not know about it. Most will leave a nasty smell, and all will leave you feeling woozy, groggy, or worse when you wake up.

Gas masks don't filter out sleeping gas. How are the robbers getting through this, with portable respirators?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gas masks don't filter out sleeping gas. How are the robbers getting through this, with portable respirators?

They use scuba diving equipment, readily available in Phuket.

Won't the fins make it difficult to get in through the windows?

Also, very hard to walk quietly.

they probaly put some kind of gas or powder in the air conditioner to make us stay asleep

Like the aircon sucks air in from the outside. They would have to crawl over me to get to our AC.

Have a professionally installed burglar alarm and arm it at night. It might not necessarily prevent anyone from breaking in, but we're sure as #311 going to know about it!

They use scuba diving equipment, readily available in Phuket.

Naw, just walk backwards.

I would also recommend taking a 15 liter steel tank to any would be burglars, so you have plenty of air while ransacking the house.

I have heard instances of the bars being easily removed. What are the methods?

I did fill up the phillips crosses on the screws so it would be pretty hard to unscrew them.

I sleep with some windows open where there is a light. I also live up high so you have to come up some outside stairs and open a noise gate.

I even adopted a soi dog but she moved in with the pitbull next door so I think I will try another one. Problem is my cat was very abusive towards her.

So what are methods to remove bars? Will a bolt cutter cut through the metal?

I have not done this yet as I have not found a "permanent" home here, but my theory would be to put the window bars on the inside and have it hinged for fast exit in case of fire.

yes the finns will make it difficult to get in the windows..

same as will the aussies, brits ,yanks, swedes and all other nationalities if its their house being burgled...:D

It is not a consideration that the guy earlier in the thread(to himself) was robbed by his own wife? She won't wake him up because while sleeping he'll just feel its her. She can dump to her friend through he window the stuff from the bedroom first, then he robs the rest of the house while she fakes sleep.

Also seeing that a large majority of expats drink everything, even the married ones. Dont underestimate the deepness of your sleep when you've had even just 2 glass of wine or 2-3beers.

My take on this is, it cost nothing to build metal bars INSIDE the house around your windows. It's basically impossible to remove from outside without having a torch or a metal sawing tool. hammer them in the concrete far away enough from the corners and you're impossible to rob when you're home and very hard when you're gone(with a good front door and bars). If you're worth anything above average, this is very affordable and i would never live here without this. more than 50million people in the country, that makes a lot of bad people possibly hanging around.