Where To Find A Place That Sells Beard Trimmers?

tngtng

I tried to find a beard trimmer to keep my goatee trimmed when I first moved to Chiang Mai but was not able to find one or anyone who knew where one might be. So I've been relying on the barber to keep me trimmed up, but that doesn't always fit with my schedule, and so sometimes I end up getting a little scruffy, which doesn't go over too well in a country where hardly anyone has hair on their face. Anyone know where I can buy an electric beard trimmer here in Chiang Mai--there must be some for sale somewhere. An actual beard trimmer rather than hair clippers would be much more ideal for a couple reasons.

Thanks in advance.

Hi tngtng

All the major department stores will sell them in the areas where household electrics and electronics are sold. You know the kind of things, toasters, sandwich makers, kettles, and so on. But the 2 or 3 foreign brands they stock tend to change quite often, so choices are somewhat limited, especially if you're after any particular trimmer.

Central might still have the Rechargeable Braun EP 100 for sale which seems to be quite popular and has plenty of attachments, yet doesn't need the blades oiling between cuts like some. It's a good little hair trimmer too should you need it for the crop on top ;)

Try to resist buying those 600 Baht jobs that mimic professional hair trimmers. They're not only dangerous, but the sods are likely to crumble in your hand like a bloody ice cream cornet, thus exposing your mitt to the mains - seriously!

Aitch

Awesome--thanks guys! Not sure if I ever checked Airport--I scoured the stores at the other mall to no avail quite some time ago though (guess I give up to easily LOL). Will have to make a mission out to Airport Plaza tomorrow. Thanks again. :)

On a related note, does anyone know where I can buy a fake mustache?

You could always run a line of super-glue across your top lip just before you go down for a bit of 'How's 'y' Father', and see what cums of it! ;)

Whoops! Can't believe i just typed that :whistling:

Top floor of Robinsons at Airport Plaza, right by the escalators. I bought one there a few months ago & they had a decent selection.

Indeed they do, probably the best selection in town... just stay away from Remington. Go right off escalator, walk 5m (past irons/down escalator), then right again.

Inside corner bottom right of the moat if looking up from tapas gate. Only speak Thai but cheap place where they sell all the ellectrical gadgets for beauty shops; Asian brand working just as well as the expensive western names, and they fix and sharpen old ones aswell. Took my hair clippers there and for 20bht got em back working better than they were fresh off the shelf

Top floor of Robinsons at Airport Plaza, right by the escalators. I bought one there a few months ago & they had a decent selection.

Indeed they do, probably the best selection in town... just stay away from Remington.

No complaints so far about my Remington, though I haven't had it too long. Last one was a Phillips & it died after about 9 years (battery would no longer hold any charge at all).

Perhaps I had a bad one (hair clippers) as mine gave up after 6 months. Rather than repair it myself, sent it off under warranty and took a month for them to simply re-position a spring. Crap cut on there before and after. Took it apart and very under-engineered, dainty thing and they weren't cheap either. Had a Maniquin battery jobbie before and lasted a good 5 years.

Anyone know where they do top-enders, like Wahl? Will also give those cheapos try, above.

Edited by jackr