Dont Uderstand My Non Immigrant Visa

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that.

Very odd. 3 Entry Non Imm Visa valid until 10th Jan. A five month validity.

Is it possible they could have used the wrong stamp by mistake?

the stamps are all correct , its what they wrote by pen thats mixed up . its very odd indeed. i dont even know how i got this non immigrant visa anyway . i appiled for a 6 month tourist visa . before last week i didnt even know what a non immigrant visa was . i always get a tourist visa each year , just guesses it was the same didnt look at it at the time .

Thanks for that.

Well it is Ireland :whistling:

yeah that is true, guess they were sleeping when they made up my visa . combined tourist.non together .

A total mess. Type of visa should be entered in category (TR - O or such) and they wrote three. Expiration should be 3 or multiple and they put 5 months.

From price-list on website it appears you paid the fee of 120 Irish pounds for a 3 entry tourist visa (and they did not give you one free) and they put that non immigrant stamp on by mistake (another mistake) and you should get your entry fixed at immigration and explain you paid for tourist visa as you have no need to take any chance at being caught out for overstay as the use before date allows you plenty of time to use as the tourist visa it was intended to be.

But I highly doubt any Consulate would issue with validity of the five months this is reported to be unless it is an error. The type of visa is also required.

As poster seems unable to provide a copy can he advise if this was personally obtained directly from Conaulate or was a third party involved?

it was obtained from the consulate. see pic

A total mess. Type of visa should be entered in category (TR - O or such) and they wrote three. Expiration should be 3 or multiple and they put 5 months.

From price-list on website it appears you paid the fee of 120 Irish pounds for a 3 entry tourist visa (and they did not give you one free) and they put that non immigrant stamp on by mistake (another mistake) and you should get your entry fixed at immigration and explain you paid for tourist visa as you have no need to take any chance at being caught out for overstay as the use before date allows you plenty of time to use as the tourist visa it was intended to be.

The thing is now do i leave after 60 days and explain to them at the border what happened . even thoe i have a stamp with 90days . i ,m planning to go through loas . they might not even understand .

If you do not get it corrected at Immigration just leave before 60 days and you will be safe. They will not question an early departure as that is up to you. On return you may get 60 or 90 or be asked. If asked explain you applied for a 3 entry tourist visa so you expect 60 days.

Thanks for that.

the stamps are all correct , its what they wrote by pen thats mixed up . its very odd indeed. i dont even know how i got this non immigrant visa anyway . i appiled for a 6 month tourist visa . before last week i didnt even know what a non immigrant visa was . i always get a tourist visa each year , just guesses it was the same didnt look at it at the time .

The five months is understandable the clerk counted on fingers August...Sept etc and when 6 fingers were used put this as the date....THey forgot that the current month is really month Zero.

Thanks for that.

The five months is understandable the clerk counted on fingers August...Sept etc and when 6 fingers were used put this as the date....THey forgot that the current month is really month Zero.

YES THEY COUNTED AUG AS THE FIRST MONTH , WHEN OF COURSE SEPTEMBER WOULD BE THE FIRST MONTH. SO THE QUESTION TO MYSELF IS WHAT NOW .

The thing is now do i leave after 60 days and explain to them at the border what happened . even thoe i have a stamp with 90days . i ,m planning to go through loas . they might not even understand .

You were admitted to Thailand with a legitimate non-immigrant visa and received the correct 90 day entry stamp. The fact that the Thai consulate in Ireland entered some erroneous information does not invalidate the visa, only the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs can do that. Does anybody dispute this? No use trying to explain to anybody else because they will not have any idea what's going on, your visa says what it says.

Edited by InterestedObserver

If there are problems with the VISA you can have made corrections to the visa at the Thai Foreign Ministry, Consular affairs department, visa section.

Ater that, you might need to have your permission to stay adjusted at immigration, which is just around the corner from there.

MFA visa FAQ:

I have obtained a tourist visa from the Honorary Thai Consulate-General in Rio de Janeiro. They forgot to include a date of expiry in the visa.

I had trouble at the airport but fortunately the Immigration officer

allowed me to enter. Now I want to extend my stay but the Immigration Office insisted that they cannot permit the extension unless the visa

is fixed. What should I do?

A: In this case, please bring your passport to the Visa Division, Department of Consular

Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. on Chaengwattana Road in Bangkok. If the visa

is genuine, you can obtain any corrections or amendments of visa there.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2649

As he applied for a tourist visa he likely did not qualify for a non immigrant visa entry and no such visa was issued from the information we have - only an extra stamp, apparently made in error, above the actual visa indicates it as being a non immigrant visa - no mark was made on the visa itself which is required. The Consulate clearly states only availability of single or multi entry non immigrant visas (which would be 3 or 12 month validity) but also clearly states the price for a three entry tourist is what he paid. He has a messed up tourist visa for three entries.

He has a messed up tourist visa for three entries.

True, but how does immigration at Suvarnabhumi know that? They see a valid "NON-IMMIGRANT VISA", albeit with strange details, and automatically admit the traveler for 90 days. Immigration is not empowered to second guess the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who issued the visa..

He has a messed up tourist visa for three entries.

True, but how does immigration at Suvarnabhumi know that? They see a valid "NON-IMMIGRANT VISA", albeit with strange details, and automatically admit the traveler for 90 days. Immigration is not empowered to second guess the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who issued the visa..

ah looks like i will have to go back to the immigration offices in bangkok. no way . just drove 12 hours east this week. what happens if i just wait for the 90days to end and hope to get another 90days at the border where i am now .

You either get it or your advised you have overstayed 30 days and owe 15,000 baht and get a red overstay stamp in your passport and are then allowed to exit and have a slight risk of jail time. They may refuse to accept the improperly filled out visa or accept it for a 60 day stay.

Safer, in my opinion, would be leaving at the 60 day point and not risking the fine. Your visa is not valid long enough to lose any total time that way as your last entry has to be made before it expires anyhow.

You either get it or your advised you have overstayed 30 days and owe 15,000 baht and get a red overstay stamp in your passport and are then allowed to exit and have a slight risk of jail time. They may refuse to accept the improperly filled out visa or accept it for a 60 day stay.

Safer, in my opinion, would be leaving at the 60 day point and not risking the fine. Your visa is not valid long enough to lose any total time that way as your last entry has to be made before it expires anyhow.

i see what you mean . my first 60days will end 10th of nov , and the second 60 days on the 10th of jan . thats the day the visa runs out . but if i do a visa run on the 10th of jan on the last day of the visa do i still get my last 60days .

i see what you mean . my first 60days will end 10th of nov , and the second 60 days on the 10th of jan . thats the day the visa runs out . but if i do a visa run on the 10th of jan on the last day of the visa do i still get my last 60days .

Wisest would be to do a border run the day before the actual expiry date of the visa.

Strange, where is the visa number? There clearly is one on mine and you need it when you fill in the immigration flyer - or whatever they call it - before you enter the country. Seems the consulate made a big mess here. Maybe a new employee...

The Visa expires on the 10th of January so you have to do the border run on the 9th. I also would not really bother going the foreign ministry especially if I were far from Bangkok. Just stick on the safe side and keep with stays of 60 days. And remember: the day you enter the country already counts as day 1.

What date does the "admitted until" stamp specify? I would think that is the absolute last day the op needs to leave, no matter what mess had been made. Or, is he accountable for these mistakes, is he supposed to second guess a stamp saying e.g. "admitted until 10 Dec"? Can he be accused of overstaying if the "admitted until" stamp turns out to be erroneous?

I don't know your reason for being in Thailand but I have the feeling that you plan on spending a lot of time here. I have been using a one year non immigrant visa for the past 4 years. Every entry I get 90 days even tho I don't need it. I fly in and about 10 times per year (work) but if I wished to stay 3 months I can. Normally only out of Thailand for 2 or 3 days so suits me well. You will need a child or wife or both to gets this tho.

Any possibility that the Thai Consul decided that the OP was not a legit Tourist (prior TR visas issued at the same Consulate?) and lobbed in this Non-B which is more appropriate for someone with the obvious and probably stated intention of living in LOS?

Edited by NanLaew

None as he does not qualify for any non immigrant visa issue and did not pay for a multi entry non immigrant visa and the visa is not marked correctly as such in any case.

Let’s get something straight here.

The Visa stamp issued by any of the world countries’ Embassies / Consulates ONLY means that the person described on the passport info page has no controversial record(s) on file to the knowledge of the issuing Embassy / Consulate.

IT IS NOT PERMISSION TO ENTER THE COUNTRY.

The permission to enter / stay in the country rest entirely with the Immigration officer at Port of Entry to the named country.

As in the case with the “not understanding what s/he has” as far as the officer at port of entry concerned the person standing in front of her/him was good for a 90-day stamp of entry.

As for the Visa the person should go to Immigration (Main Office Chaengwattana - Bangkok) to sort out what type Visa is in its passport. From the limited information in this forum it looks like whoever stamped the Visa in the passport made a cocktail of it.

What date does the "admitted until" stamp specify? I would think that is the absolute last day the op needs to leave, no matter what mess had been made. Or, is he accountable for these mistakes, is he supposed to second guess a stamp saying e.g. "admitted until 10 Dec"? Can he be accused of overstaying if the "admitted until" stamp turns out to be erroneous?

thats what i was thinking , i did second guess it . they told me its good its good ok go go. he even called over his supervisor and she asked me how long are you going to stay here and why are you here. I told her clearly i,m here for 6 months on a tourist visa only . in went the stamp off i went on my merry way . . yes admitted from 9th sept till 8th dec . .