Dont Uderstand My Non Immigrant Visa

Hello . If there is anyone who could help me out understanding what type of non immigrant visa i have that would be great . and yes I dont know what kind it is. i,ll explain . I have just arrived in thailand on a non immigrant visa . but it has me confused . it says that its good for 3 journey and its a triple visa. so i was thinking that means 3 trips of 60 days . . so anyway they stamped it for 90 days and it also says that i must utilise this visa before the 10/01/2011. do that mean that i only have 90days even thoe i payed for the triple entry . or does it mean i just need to start my next 90 days before the 10/01/2011.

I know nothing about this type of visa . anyhelp would be great thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your permission to stay entry stamp good for 60 days (tourist visa) or 90 days (non-immigrant visa)? You are using a combination of terms for either a tourist visa or non-immigrant visa, and thus confusing people. Look at the little square stamp put in your passport by immigration at the arrival airport. Whatever you have, all entries into Thailand must be made before 10/01/2011.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Non immigrant visa's are for long stays, if you have 3 entries on your visa the last one has to be used on or before the expiration of the visa NOT the date the border guard stamped in your passport.

If you are here on a Non Imm you need to see what it is for eg: B=Business ED= Education etc. To extend your right to stay you need to for example with a B visa get your work permit sorted at the labour department before then getting an extension at your local immigration office

If you have a Tourist or TR visa then the border guards will stamp it for 60days but you have the option of a 30day extension at the afore mentioned immigration office.

Depending on your nationality & embassy where you obtained your visa you'll of either got a Non Imm single or Multiple entry visa or a Tourist visa with single, multipule or a specified number of entries.

thanks for the help . its a non immigrant visa . i dont know what type of visa it is because i didnt apply for a non immigrant visa at all , and at the time i did apply i was just hoping to get a tourist visa . its only when i got to thailand and handed in my passport did the guy ask me was i here to work or on a holidays . before i even answered him he just stamped it for 90days. so what i thought was a tourist visa with 3 trips triple tourist visa , turns out to be a non immigrant visa . it does not show if its a business class ,ed b or o . . it also says at the end of the visa extension of stay not permitted after this visa is used up. .

No such thing as a 3 entry Non Imm O Visa.

Is it a Multi Entry? On the Visa does it say. M (multi)

thats the problem it does,nt say multi . its a non immigrant visa mixed with tourist visa information . you know when you get a 3 journey triple tourist visa. well thats printed on my non immigrant visa.

If in fact it IS Non "B" Visa or for that matter a Non "O" Visa then you have "tripple entry" which means you can come and go from Thailand 3 times without paying re-entry fees of having to apply all over again for your "Non-Immigrant Visa".

oh that sounds good. does that mean i can come and go 3 times within the first 90 days . or leave after even 90 days for a new stamp of 90 days. up to a max of 9 months .

Is your permission to stay entry stamp good for 60 days (tourist visa) or 90 days (non-immigrant visa)? You are using a combination of terms for either a tourist visa or non-immigrant visa, and thus confusing people. Look at the little square stamp put in your passport by immigration at the arrival airport. Whatever you have, all entries into Thailand must be made before 10/01/2011.

they stamped my passport for 90days and wrote non inside the stamp. its clearly a non immigrant visa. the main question i,m asking is why would they write good for 3 journeys and triple into my non immigrant visa with that information clearly belongs in a tourist visa. should.nt i have M mutli instead . they made a mistake with this .

Sound like they did charge you for 3 non immigrant visas in that case and have seen this happen in one or two reports previously at odd ball Consulates. It makes no sense as a multi entry valid for one year would only cost 5,000 baht but may be a way to issue longer period when they are not allowed to issue multi. Or a way to get funds when tourist visa is supposed to be free?

When did you obtain the visa? As expiration is not far away it must have been obtained early? Six months from issue to expiration?

Sound like they did charge you for 3 non immigrant visas in that case and have seen this happen in one or two reports previously at odd ball Consulates. It makes no sense as a multi entry valid for one year would only cost 5,000 baht but may be a way to issue longer period when they are not allowed to issue multi. Or a way to get funds when tourist visa is supposed to be free?

When did you obtain the visa? As expiration is not far away it must have been obtained early? Six months from issue to expiration? sorry it was 5000 bhat like you said . i recived the visa in aug 2010 . entered thailand this month . got 90days . it also says the this visa must be used up before the 10/01/2011. what do they mean by used up .

It is still unclear what you have, please post a scan if at all possible. Our confusion is caused by the fact that non-immigrant visas (normally) come either as single-entry or multi-entry not 3 entry.

It's possible that the immigration officer stamped you incorrectly for 90 days in which case you could be fined for overstay (if you should only have been stamped for 60).

It is still unclear what you have, please post a scan if at all possible. Our confusion is caused by the fact that non-immigrant visas (normally) come either as single-entry or multi-entry not 3 entry.

It's possible that the immigration officer stamped you incorrectly for 90 days in which case you could be fined for overstay (if you should only have been stamped for 60).

its clearly written on the top of my visa non immigrant and must be used by 10/01/2011 and that extension of stay is not permitted . the thing is this my third visa i have gotten in the last 3 years . normally i just apply for a tourist visa . this time this gave me a non visa . i didnt even know what a non visa was till the guy in the airport asked me . i was just thinking that it was a tourist visa like i asked for . the guy was confused about too about this visa but just stamped it and wrote non in the stamp area . i did apply for a triple 3x60days tourist visa . and good a non immigrant instead .

Seems immigration understands it as a non-O visa, and the information so far seems to support that. Question is if it is a single or one with 3 entries. A scan of the visa and entry stamp would be best.

i think it might be a single 90days . the reason is because the last 2 times i applied for a tourist visa it said that these visas must be used up within 6 months from the first stamp .that would be excalty the 6 months 3x60days . and the new non visa says it must be used up by 10/01/2001 . meaning that its only 4 months . and as you can see i can only fit in one trip of 90 days . the thing is what do i do , i had paid for a 6 month tourist visa . and seems i only have a 90 day non . . what to do now is the question . i know a scan would be best but i cant get to one at this moment in time . thanks for your help Edited by leon1503

A 4 month time limit is very unusual. Normally it is 3 months (single) or 6 months or 1 year (multiple entry).

4 months would fit 2 entries of 90 days, the utilize day is only the day before which you must have made the entry. Upon entry you get a permission to stay, which is separate from your visa.

If it is a multiple entry it should say MULTIPLE or "M", in case it has a number of entries it should indicate the number of entries you have. If it says nothing at all, it should indeed be a single, good for 90 days.

A 4 month time limit is very unusual. Normally it is 3 months (single) or 6 months or 1 year (multiple entry).

4 months would fit 2 entries of 90 days, the utilize day is only the day before which you must have made the entry. Upon entry you get a permission to stay, which is separate from your visa.

If it is a multiple entry it should say MULTIPLE or "M", in case it has a number of entries it should indicate the number of entries you have. If it says nothing at all, it should indeed be a single, good for 90 days.

it says good for 3 trips , journeys , triple . but it does not say anything else like M MULTIPLE . good for 3 trips but how can it be good for 3 trips it the visa expires on the 10/01/2011. your second point seems to match prefectly . 2 enteries of 90 days . this is what i paid for . just weird that they did it this way . and not 3x60days like i expected . of course the 90day non is best. Edited by leon1503

Non Immigrant Visa are only available for one Entry or for multiple Entry. I don't know about a NI Visa with 3 entries!

A multiple Non Immigrant Visa is valid for one year, but the first entry must be within 90 days from the date of issue. With this visa you can enter Thailand as often as you want within one year and get a 90-day permission of stay at each entry. Additional feature: If you enter Thailand on the last day of the validity - one year after the date of issue - you'll get another 90 days beyond the validity of the visa!

If your visa clearly states three entries then I suppose it is a Tourist Visa. A two or three entry Tourist Visa is valid for 180 days only. But you can enter Thailand on the last day of the vaidity and will get another 60 days even this is beyond the validity of the visa.

You got the visa around 10/07/2010? In this case it is valid until 10/01/2011. Another indication for a Tourist Visa.

Something is wrong with your statements, so it's not clear which type of visa you got. But be careful: If it is a Tourist Visa and you got 90 days, then the Immigration Officer made a mistake. In this case you have to go to the next immigration office in order to correct that.

Non Immigrant Visa are only available for one Entry or for multiple Entry. I don't know about a NI Visa with 3 entries!

A multiple Non Immigrant Visa is valid for one year, but the first entry must be within 90 days from the date of issue. With this visa you can enter Thailand as often as you want within one year and get a 90-day permission of stay at each entry. Additional feature: If you enter Thailand on the last day of the validity - one year after the date of issue - you'll get another 90 days beyond the validity of the visa!

If your visa clearly states three entries then I suppose it is a Tourist Visa. A two or three entry Tourist Visa is valid for 180 days only. But you can enter Thailand on the last day of the vaidity and will get another 60 days even this is beyond the validity of the visa.

You got the visa around 10/07/2010? In this case it is valid until 10/01/2011. Another indication for a Tourist Visa.

Something is wrong with your statements, so it's not clear which type of visa you got. But be careful: If it is a Tourist Visa and you got 90 days, then the Immigration Officer made a mistake. In this case you have to go to the next immigration office in order to correct that.

hi thanks for the help. in fact the issue date of the visa was 11 aug 2010 . and the utilized date is 10/01/2011 . its a non immigrant visa . arrived in thailand was this month . . it is not a 1 year visa . it should only be for six months at most .

it says good for 3 trips , journeys , triple . but it does not say anything else like M MULTIPLE . good for 3 trips but how can it be good for 3 trips it the visa expires on the 10/01/2011. your second point seems to match prefectly . 2 enteries of 90 days . this is what i paid for . just weird that they did it this way . and not 3x60days like i expected . of course the 90day non is best.

Seems you have 3 entries, but you must use the entries before 10/01/2011. if you leave and re-enter again on 9-01-2011 you will get a new 90 days.

You could contact the consulate where you got the visa to check if they gave you the right validity. If they say not in an email, you might be able to get it corrected at the Thai foreign Ministry.

A very few Thai consulates do issue non-immigrant visas with a specific number of entries. They are very rare, but they do exist.

But I highly doubt any Consulate would issue with validity of the five months this is reported to be unless it is an error. The type of visa is also required.

As poster seems unable to provide a copy can he advise if this was personally obtained directly from Conaulate or was a third party involved?