Bout's Wife Asks PM Abhisit To Stop Viktor Being Extradited

webfact

Iraq has begged America to stay and help protect it.

The people killing in Iraq are terrorists that bought weapons from people like Victor Bout.

Learn to know facts and spell Iraq!

I - r - a - k (variant as used in some countries)

As for the rest I'm hesitant to answer, have to watch my blood pressure ;)

Having left the country with her failed efforts, the latest has Bout's wife delivering his letter to the Russian Parliament to come to his rescue:

Russian suspected arms trader Bout asks parliament for help

Alleged Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, who is in custody in Thailand awaiting extradition to the United States, has asked Russian lawmakers to press their Thai colleagues to examine his case. "I want to ask the Russian State Duma [the lower house of parliament] to appeal to the Thai parliament...to hear my case and all the circumstances of my arrest in Thailand," Bout said in a letter addressed to State Duma Speaker Boris Gryzlov.

"I am not guilty of the crimes the U.S. has accused me of," Bout said in the letter, which his wife Alla gave to journalists at a news conference in Moscow on Thursday. Alla Bout was also expected to appeal to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Thursday.

Continues:

http://en.rian.ru/world/20100923/160697791.html

RIA Novosti (Russia) - September 23, 2010

• 2 weeks later...

'Merchant of Death' Viktor Bout Will Never Be Extradited to U.S., Expert Says

Robert Amsterdam, an attorney deeply involved in both Russian and Thai politics. The extradition, he says, simply “isn’t going to happen.

Amsterdam says two elements virtually guarantee that the two-year battle to bring Bout to America will fail. One is Bout’s close connection to Igor Sechin, the Russian deputy prime minister who is widely regarded as the third most powerful man in the Kremlin, and who is a close ally of Prime Minister, The other is the corruption that is rampant in Thailand.

“The stakes are too big to have him extradited,” Amsterdam says.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/22/merchant-death-viktor-bout-extradited-expert-says/?test=latestnews