Americans Husband Retirement Age Wife Not

I am not American.

If the husband has a 12 month extension from Immigration (2.22) his Wife can get the same extension as his dependant.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

Thank you

I am not American.

If the husband has a 12 month extension from Immigration (2.22) his Wife can get the same extension as his dependant.

2.20 In the case of a family

member of an alien who has been permitted temporary

stay under clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13,2.4, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17,

2.21, 2.22,2.26,6.29 of this Order (applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of

his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

Again here we have a reader of the site who has difficulty understanding English....and also a difficulty understanding facts.

How many others think the Americans get no special treatment when it comes to a retirement visa?

Amazing some of the people on this site!

The Thai immigration rules apply equally for all nationalities, no special treatment for Americans.

Again here we have a reader of the site who has difficulty understanding English....and also a difficulty understanding facts.

How many others think the Americans get no special treatment when it comes to a retirement visa?

The Thai immigration rules apply equally for all nationalities, no special treatment for Americans.

So what makes you think that Americans are treated differently? If people meet the qualifications, they don't have problems getting the "Extensions of Stay" no matter their nationality.

Citizens of different countries have different obligations when it comes to visa's.

For instance I as an American must obtain a visa to visit Russia, but my GF can visit Russia without a visa.

I can visit Japan without a visa but my GF must have a visa!

These are just to name a few...

Dont ever think that all nationalities have to abide by the same rules.....

I will let another reader inform you of the different requirements concerning an American who retires in Thailand as opposed to a European for an example.

In the future it would be wise for you to ask questions if you would like to become informed instead of just making statements that show your ignorance!

Citizens of different countries have different obligations when it comes to visa's.

For instance I as an American must obtain a visa to visit Russia, but my GF can visit Russia without a visa.

I can visit Japan without a visa but my GF must have a visa!

These are just to name a few...

Dont ever think that all nationalities have to abide by the same rules.....

I will let another reader inform you of the different requirements concerning an American who retires in Thailand as opposed to a European for an example.

In the future it would be wise for you to ask questions if you would like to become informed instead of just making statements that show your ignorance!

I am well aware there can be some differences in other countries, but we are discussing Thailand here, I'm also very well aware of Thai Immigration Regulations and policies, apparently you aren't or you wouldn't have posted your question. So I would hold off on trying to imply that someone is showing their ignorance, especially when you already have shown your lack of knowledge.

They have already posted the requirements above, did you see a difference in requirements based on Nationality? Read again! Here is a link to the translation showing those requirments, items 2.20 and 2.22 would apply to your situation if you have the reading comprehension to understand them.

http://www.immigrati...777-2551_en.pdf

Edited by beechguy