Pattaya One First Issue Poll

bazmlb

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Missing too many options!

Null vote for me! If this issue is going to be the bench mark I'll only read extracts of interest highlighted in news release email. Thus far not one page or article worth voting for as favorite!

For me, it focuses too much on the night time activities of Pattaya. The ads are all go go bars, etc. And of course the obligatory real estate ads. Something my wife would only use to wash the windows with. Sorry...but way off the mark for me.

For me, it focuses too much on the night time activities of Pattaya. The ads are all go go bars, etc. And of course the obligatory real estate ads. Something my wife would only use to wash the windows with. Sorry...but way off the mark for me.

Thanks for your feedback but I am not sure you have even looked at the paper, otherwise you could not say "it focuses too much on the night time activities of Pattaya.".

Whilst of course we DO cover that, as it is an important part of Pattaya, out of a total of 16 pages, there are only TWO dedicated nightlife columns, and with ads we will be generous and call it three pages dealing with nightlife and bars.

Of the remaining 16 pages, four are "obligatory" real estate ads, and in terms of content, there are fully NINE AND A HALF pages which contain columns not specifically about nightlife or bars, two of which (the internet forum review, Above Bawd in Pattaya and the gay column, Pattaya:One Rainbow) cover freelancers and ladyboys in this edition, but which are not exclusively nightlife columns.

That leaves the front page, and miscellaneous items on page 2, Pete's Peregrinations, A Fool In Paradise, a roads column focussing on Thappraya Road disgrace, .a health column, a real estate column, Private Posts, Thai Lite and a Historical feature all of which you must have missed in your analysis of the paper's content, which was "way off the mark" for us too.

Thanks for your feedback but I am not sure you have even looked at the paper, otherwise you could not say "it focuses too much on the night time activities of Pattaya.".

Whilst of course we DO cover that, as it is an important part of Pattaya, out of a total of 16 pages, there are only TWO dedicated nightlife columns, and with ads we will be generous and call it three pages dealing with nightlife and bars.

Of the remaining 16 pages, four are "obligatory" real estate ads, and in terms of content, there are fully NINE AND A HALF pages which contain columns not specifically about nightlife or bars, two of which (the internet forum review, Above Bawd in Pattaya and the gay column, Pattaya:One Rainbow) cover freelancers and ladyboys in this edition, but which are not exclusively nightlife columns.

That leaves the front page, and miscellaneous items on page 2, Pete's Peregrinations, A Fool In Paradise, a roads column focussing on Thappraya Road disgrace, .a health column, a real estate column, Private Posts, Thai Lite and a Historical feature all of which you must have missed in your analysis of the paper's content, which was "way off the mark" for us too.

I went through the entire paper....yesterday. A Fool In Paradise almost always has to do with bar girls (I think the associated pic says it all). And right next to it was an ad for bars. I have read it many times. Above Bawd in Pattaya was about a reverse drugging...again, bar girl related. Pete's Peregrinations had an article on Walking Street...for sure a Pattaya tourist site...but bar related. Pattaya:One Rainbow was bar girl...errr...bar boy related. I guess I passed on Thai Lite as it started off with tattoos and had a pic of a pole dancer next to it. My bad assumption, but I am sure you can see the association. Stickman I know well, and 2 of his 4 articles were bar related and ads next to it were also.

I am just giving you my opinion. I may not be your target market. Married, not into bars, but love Thailand. If so, no worries! It all depends on what market you are trying to attract. IMHO, some of the ads were a bit over the top....IMHO.

Edit: I had to add this. I tried to give you my honest opinion. I might have gone over the top with the window washing thing...but with my wife, and those ads...it is true. You ASSUMED I had not read the paper. As you know, bad to make assumptions. Sorry my honest review was "way off the mark" for you. I am an ex sales and marketing guy. Always accept criticism politely...no matter how bad it is. I can't tell you how many customers trashed me and I just turned the other cheek...only to make big bucks off them in the future.

Edited by craigt3365

• 2 weeks later...