Croissant

HDRIDER

My gf bought some croissant in Makro today, my God ,must be the worst croissant i have ever tasted, like cardboard do people really buy them, do you?

No if you want the good stuff its Au Des Lys must be the best French bakery around, croissant at Bake is good as well or do you have a better place?

He, not any more for sure, and she can eat the rest ALONE :annoyed: But there is hope she also say they are not very good, still wonder how they can get them to taste so bad, must be the years of experience they have.

If you pull them in each end they just get longer and longer like chewing gum :bah:

Edited by HDRIDER

How much is a croissant in Makro and how much in BAKE or AU DES LYS?

Just had one in BAKE yesterday, very good! These places are using real butter instead of margarine and they use special imported flour.

Carrefour, not bad for the price.

Thats a food store I m gonna miss if they close. Any news on the bids on their asian operation? was hoping BigC could get the thai Carrefour, and kinda keep it as an up-market BigC

Thats a food store I m gonna miss if they close. Any news on the bids on their asian operation? was hoping BigC could get the thai Carrefour, and kinda keep it as an up-market BigC

Carrefour is pretty good.

I can't see them closing, they're quite popular in BKK. They even have one in Chumphon now which seem to do a brisk business.

Carrefour is pretty good.

I can't see them closing, they're quite popular in BKK. They even have one in Chumphon now which seem to do a brisk business.

I guess you haven't been following the news. Carrefour is selling off it's Asian stores. It's been in the news for a couple of months... See here: Carrefour1 Carrefour2 Carefour 3

Edited by Jimi007

He, not any more for sure, and she can eat the rest ALONE :annoyed: But there is hope she also say they are not very good, still wonder how they can get them to taste so bad, must be the years of experience they have.

If you pull them in each end they just get longer and longer like chewing gum :bah:

HD, where is Au Des Lys? Flintsone is pretty good...

I like almond croissants but cannot find one in Phuket which even comes close to matching the one made by Fridays in my hometown. Living up to its name they are only open on Friday with the queues starting at 7am.

Fantastic almond croissant on nanai rd Patong near entrance to nanai2 and next to family mart. Its a small alfresco coffee shop that sells many pastries and sandwiches...

Au Des Lys is right next to House & Home when you come from Chalong going towards central, blink and you miss it, a town house a little back from the road, good parking that's what make it nice as well

very nice French Family run, and you can get their products also at Villa now; good bread too.