Steel Wool

naammanow

I looked for but could not find a suitable range in CM, so ended up ordering from Global Intertrade (wwwdotgtidotcodotth) in Bangkok. They have a wide range of coarseness. I ended up ordering more 0000 (ultrafine) than I needed, so if that is a size you need, I could let you have a 250g packet (which is quite a lot of steel wool) for my cost (incl. shipping 400B). PM me if this would be useful to you.

Home Pro at Carrefour on the Superhighway has a good range of quality sand paper in various degrees of coarseness. You can find it in the area with the power tools. They also sell a range of varnishes.

Incidentally, the steel wool sold by Global Intertrade (see my previous message for contact details) is high quality---made by Liberon in the UK.

Edited by neilrob

just a fun camp trick i learn when i was a kids , if you use a 5V or is it 6V battery - and rub it on extra fine steel wool , it will combust and burn up .

-- so you can light a camp fire in sec :)

--

steel wool can be use in many thing , and is very useful even in clearing a toilet jam - is sure is one good invention .

you can use steel wool to control rat . if you plug their hole with it and if that silly mickey mouse eat it it will cos internal bleeding and die .

i still recall making mini device with steel wool that light up my friends bag with a battery whhaahawhahahaha

so seriously steel wool is alot of fun and bring back tons of memory .

i see some thai guys selling as CAMP KITS for lighting fire , but there sell like some special magic Wool . whhahaha a 500 for like 100g of it . that suck !!!

anyway i would get my brother to send me some whahahah missing playing with fire

Home Pro at Carrefour on the Superhighway has a good range of quality sand paper in various degrees of coarseness. You can find it in the area with the power tools. They also sell a range of varnishes.

ah nice one, thanks. was there the other night and totally forgot to look for it.

you can use steel wool to control rat . if you plug their hole with it and if that silly mickey mouse eat it it will cos internal bleeding and die .

that's a bit bloody sadistic isn't it?

what are you using the steel wool for , to polish or light a fire .

:P

Polishing/cleaning. Light a fire? Beats me........

In Europe every hardware store stocks it; seem to be unheard of here somehow.

This may help - if you're still looking, and if it's the small domestic steel-wool scourers that you need.

In the Rimping Store complex alongside the river and close to the Dukes restaurant ( not sure of the suburb's name )is a small 65Baht Shop, facing the magazine display racks. There you will find a couple of different packagings of this commodity.

Good luck.

Cheers.