Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Nice looking pipe, any more info such as where from and how much? And how does it sound? How about the grips?

We can provide and install the the pipe for 11,500 baht. It is locally made, but the workmanship is quite clean. It puts off a really loud throaty sound. You'll love it, but you neighbors will hate it. I'll make a video and post it tomorrow. I think another forum member installed a similar pipe and posted a video a few pages back.

Can your shop get into any trouble with the Brown Mafia for selling pipes that aren't street legal? Just wondering...

Ok, 11,000 if you don't tell the bib where you got it! I suppose it could be a problem. Any Advice? Thanks.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Yes there's a few about. None that get rid of the entire section though. All just start under the stock rear light.

Get rid of that who section, get in a piece with new rear light under the seat and have it looking like:

I think it might take more than removing the tail section to make your CBR look like the heavily modded/photoshopped version of how the CBR "should" have looked. And even if you could make it look like that, it would still be a sheep in wolf's clothing with that little single cylinder hiding under all the plastic.

You are absolutely right Johnny! Why the fupp did I buy a CBR sheep for my 10km commute, around town use and 3-4hr trips in the mountains when I could have had a 300kph wolf? I wish you'd have posted here before I'd bought it so I could have seen the light and then spent more than double what I did on a bigger, faster and thirstier bike! ;)

Why do some 'big bike' owners see the need to knock and mock other bike owners so much? It's my first bike and is absolutely perfect for what I use it for! Like many bike owners I may well move on to bigger and faster bikes in the future or I might not, either way I won't prowl bike forums taking the piss like you and some others seem to enjoy doing.:ermm:

Yeah... people took the piss out of my CB175 30 odd years ago... but it had it's character

Same with my 70's Vespa... now that was a fun and "sociable" ride.

Had an image issue with some other bikes it has to be said... but this is what it is. A sociable, tarty, single that's up for it :D

Does what it's designed to do and does it very well.

Bottom line? It's fun, it's legal and it's cheap and a lot of people love it and that's what counts :thumbsup:

Nice looking pipe, any more info such as where from and how much? And how does it sound? How about the grips?

We can provide and install the the pipe for 11,500 baht. It is locally made, but the workmanship is quite clean. It puts off a really loud throaty sound. You'll love it, but you neighbors will hate it. I'll make a video and post it tomorrow. I think another forum member installed a similar pipe and posted a video a few pages back.

Can your shop get into any trouble with the Brown Mafia for selling pipes that aren't street legal? Just wondering...

Ok, 11,000 if you don't tell the bib where you got it! I suppose it could be a problem. Any Advice? Thanks.

I'd just make sure you advise your customers that the pipe isn't street legal and that they could be fined by the BiB for running a louder-than-legal pipe. As long as you disclose that up front they shouldn't come back and complain when they hassled by the BiB. :jap:

Ok, Rainy Season is just around the corner, and I really don't want to endure that with the stock IRC on the new 150. I'm looking at either the Michelin Sporty or the IRC 77, and actually leaning more towards the IRC. The only problem is WHERE to find them!!! I talked to two Honda dealers and just get blank looks - as usual.

So, if anyone knows of any bike/tire shops in Chiang Mai that might be able to help me out, please let me know.

Thanks.

Other than the fairings, almost nothing in that photo-shopped pic actually corresponds to the real CBR250...

Your powers of observation are absolutely amazing Tony. Us owners who ride our bikes every day would never have realized it's a photochop of two bikes. :rolleyes:

Edited by appropriate

^^ Yes there's a few about. None that get rid of the entire section though. All just start under the stock rear light.

Get rid of that who section, get in a piece with new rear light under the seat and have it looking like:

2_211_72902e0bba8759a.jpg

I think it might take more than removing the tail section to make your CBR look like the heavily modded/photoshopped version of how the CBR "should" have looked. And even if you could make it look like that, it would still be a sheep in wolf's clothing with that little single cylinder hiding under all the plastic.

You are absolutely right Johnny! Why the fupp did I buy a CBR sheep for my 10km commute, around town use and 3-4hr trips in the mountains when I could have had a 300kph wolf? I wish you'd have posted here before I'd bought it so I could have seen the light and then spent more than double what I did on a bigger, faster and thirstier bike! ;)

Why do some 'big bike' owners see the need to knock and mock other bike owners so much? It's my first bike and is absolutely perfect for what I use it for! Like many bike owners I may well move on to bigger and faster bikes in the future or I might not, either way I won't prowl bike forums taking the piss like you and some others seem to enjoy doing.:ermm:

I actually agree with your point about the suitability of the bike. If you re-read my post you'll see that it was 100% accurate. Nothing wrong with using a CBR250 for a daily commute because it's extremely well suited to that. I sometimes use a KSR110 for trips through heavy Bangkok traffic because it's so well suited to it. I also ride a Nouvo to the 711 so I'm not biased towards big bikes, neither am I taking the piss. The CBR is however a sheep in wolf's clothing whether you like it or not so I don't see the harm in stating it. You could say the same about my KSR. I accept that my KSR is a bit weak but I like it anyway because it looks good and it's fun. It seems like you have the same realistic attitude to the CBR so good luck to you.

Lucky me... Today i picked up the plate and the book for my bike... Nice to ride with that on... Only 6 months left before i will trade up to a verys:-)

Nice! But seeing as it's going to start raining soon you might not ride the CBR much over that time so you may as well get the Versys now rolleyes.gif

I wanted a Versys myself but I am a short arse with very short legs, the Versys is almost as tall as me so I went for the 650R instead, picking it up tomorrow! I was originally going to get the CBR but decided it's not worth the wait or jacked up pricing.

A lot of this "debating" about big bike verses small is a little silly. I go back to my 3 questions: 1) Do I like it; 2) Does it suit my needs; 3) Can I afford it.

I bought one of the first Ninja 650's (ER-6f) when they came out. It was at a time in my life when I had all the free time in the world, wasn't working (didn't really have to), my wife of 28 years had passed away from cancer, and I had nothing to do. Bought the Ninja and hit the road. Great bike, especially on the highways, and I loved it. Would I have one in Thailand? Not unless I had to do a lot of driving from Chiang Mai to BKK, Udon, Khon Kaen, Ubon, etc. In my world now, 1 & 3 apply, but 2 doesn't.

I've got the new 150, and a few weekends back I hopped on with no destination in mind, and 12 hours later I ended up on Chom Phae, an hour south of Khon Kaen. Coming back I made it in 8 hours. But both ways I had a blast. Sure, there were times on the straights I would have liked to have had a bit more top end, but the 120kph was fine, and in the mountains a bit more torque would have been good in places, but overall, it was a great trip on a great little bike.

I'll probably end up going to a 250 later, simply for the longer trips that I like to do, but for everyday diving, the 150 is great. Was going to get the 250 last month, but some other things came up that are more important and pressing right now, so it will have to wait, but so what? And in reality, I could make some mods to the 150 and just keep it. Who knows?

Bottom line - Ride what YOU like and to hell with what anyone else thinks or says.

DSCF1039.JPG

DSCF1040.JPG

Inteesting to see Mbox's pics from the motorshow, with a CBR with touring screen. Looks very similiar to the 150's. Will probably head up on Satuday so will try to get info and more pics.

Judging by the frame, that IS the 150 isn't it? The 250 has the more tubular frame I thought?

Hummm, from the looks of it, the touring screen is exactly the same as the one for the 150, with both of them mounting under the mirror mounts. One of the guys at Nayom Panich (sp) Honda said that a lot of the accessories were interchangeable and would fit both bikes. But someone else on here said the touring screens were different for the two bikes. Oh, well, my touring screen should be here next week, and if there's a 250 around at the time, I'll check it out and see if it will fit both bikes. Maybe get Red to meet me there so we can see.

Also inclined to go along with what JonnyF says about the bike in the pic looking more like the 150 than the 250.

Edited by Just1Voice

DSCF1039.JPG

DSCF1040.JPG

Inteesting to see Mbox's pics from the motorshow, with a CBR with touring screen. Looks very similiar to the 150's. Will probably head up on Satuday so will try to get info and more pics.

Judging by the frame, that IS the 150 isn't it? The 250 has the more tubular frame I thought?

You are right, there is a section of round tube on the 250. Bloody hard to tell them apart when they are painted up. The Mugen for reference.

post-70604-0-99677100-1301028580_thumb.j

I hope Honda is paying attention.

Those paint jobs are what the 250 should have had in the first place. They were going for the "luxury" look but ended up with boring.

The Indian models were released with very similar pricing to what Honda originally stated. I have no problem waiting until the supply catches up with demand here.

DSCF1040.JPG

Unless they changed the ignition it's a 150...

Hi All, been following from page one. There have been occasional posts about shops with stock and prices. I am hoping to pick up a Black 250 with ABS (As a new rider I'm taking all the help I can get!)

Now I have so far found a Red with ABS (130K), Red no ABS (115K) and a Black no ABS (115K) - All in the same show room just outside BKK.

I understand the price gouging and can stand it to a point. Does anyone know anywhere in Thailand that has a Black, in stock, with ABS and who is reasonable (if not sensible) with the prices? I dont mind paying a bit extra for the 'hot' new Honda, but also don't exactly have 'Baht to burn'...

To give an example, the Red with ABS above, the guy wouldnt budge on price, but was willing to throw in a free helmet (real brand I think... Didn't get far enough to check), a free tank bag... and might have been persuaded to give me a nice Honda jacket too if I pushed (my thoughts, he didn't exactly say yes... but didn't say no either). So about 130K for the bike but about 5-6k thrown in. I can handle that, but he didnt have a Black and didnt know when / or if he could get one. :(

So, any Honda Dealer reading, I have the cash! Can you step up? Or just anyone with a good lead...

Simple version: I am looking to pay 125-130K for a Black 250 with ABS and have cash waiting, please help. :)

Yup, apologies.

Didn't even enter the brain they'd put a 150 in the show.

Having a closer look at the photos mbox put up, Kitaco has a CBR150 and a CBR250.

Shots of the CBR250; that passenger back rest looks weird though, unless it is an airfoil! :)

link to mbox's photos for 2011 Bangkok Motorshow

https://picasaweb.google.com/115994124260107898448/BKKMotorshow2011#

post-70604-0-54676900-1301052160_thumb.j

post-70604-0-60874600-1301052174_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

Insert profanity here!'........' i stopped by the only honda dealer today open due to flood... Show at carefour... They had the red abs version in there... I asked how much and hold on to your socks now... 125k for the non abs bike... Now this is the same shop i bought my bike from... 104k i paid... I asked why- they could not tell... Boss set the price! The abs version they can order was 140k... <deleted>? well... I hope the other shops will open with a brain tomorrow, but i doubt that as the water is still flooding all main roads and shops...

Lets see. They have sold the total of one bike... And that was to me! I paid only 104k for it, so i am not sure how clever this price is... Now, come september month and i will sell mine- well i am sure i can get a thai to pay 100k if they continue with this price... But i guess i can dream! And who knows, when they increase the price this much- maybe many more will buy one??? Stranger things have happened in this country!

Yup, probably know that there's not another one available for them for another 6 months. Put the price up on this and see if it sells, if not, no loss, put the price back down a little. No point selling it for cheap now and then not having any for the next few months.

Dunno, maybe I'm starting to think in Thai logic! :blink:

Edited by appropriate