Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Put a 1000km on the cbr in the last 6 days. Gear change from gears 1 through 4 is pretty clunky, reminds me of my old gixxer 1100 :rolleyes: Was wondering if this is normal as it doesn't feel like a typical honda box?

A guy I know with a D-Tracker used to moan about the clunky gear change and occasional difficulty changing from Nuetral to first when stopped at lights etc and he found that changing gear with the clutch not fully engaged (maybe 80-90%) solved the problem. Tried it myself on my CBR this morning and the gears that were previously quite clunky, 1-3, are now very smooth :)

I think you are right. It's all about finding the clutch's sweet spot. With time and experience on the bike, changing gears becomes much easier and smoother.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many people have the CBR for rent (that I could find). The only place that had it is Tony's Big Bikes. Can't remember the road but basically the road opposite the moat end of Loh Kroh (on the other side of the moat). Walk down there (you can't turn into it from the moat road going north).

If in doubt, ask around the motorbike rental along Tapae Gate (ont he outside of the moat road). They will point you in the right direction.

Price is normally 800 baht per day excl insurance (100baht per day). But he did it for 800 incl. I rented it for 2 days.

CBR 250 R rental place I saw, they have two of them.

http://maps.google.c...2,0.004117&z=19

On Ratmakka Rd about 50m before Moon Muang RD on the right. Right in the center of the map.

Honda have released the Moto3 'commercial release' NSF250R. Probably not much (if anything) left of the CBR250R in it.

35.5 kW at 13,000 rpm. A curb weight of 85 kgs! Makes the CBR250 look like a fat slug!!

Perhaps because the new CBR250 IS a fat slug :ph34r:

It's good to see that Honda does still know how to make a real 250cc sport bike!

Ride On!

T

To buy this new Honda 250, we might pay 825,000 baht (before excise tax here)? Roughly ten times per kilo, compared to the fat slug. Make that 11. Seems to me that designing and producing the CBR was more of a challenge, given its price.

Anyway, point is not if someone wants to pay for a faster and better handling bike: What we see is the world wants the 'CBR 250' - as it is, or with popular mods. Honda can't make the fat slugs fast enough and even here in Thailand, their elevated prices (due to short supply) are not diverting customers over to the Ninjette enough to stop excessive demand.

Racing in class, OK. Otherwise, noT.

Edited by CMX

It's good to see that Honda does still know how to make a real 250cc sport bike!

Ride On!

T

Absolutely.

If only Kawasaki could at least try to as well.

Unfortunately they only pump out the 'ninja'. :(

Edited by hehehoho

Ride On!

T

Absolutely.

Why are you always hating on Kawasaki?

I'm actually a big fan of Honda but it must be said that in the classes that really matter to most sportbike enthusiasts (600cc and 1000cc) Kawasaki is kicking Honda's butt these days...

The ZX6R is still the undisputed top dog in the 600 cc supersport class-

"...the new ZX-6R blew everyone out of the water this time. Not only did it turn the quickest lap time, but every rider who finished riding the Kawasaki at the end of a session had nothing but praise for the little green Ninja in nearly every aspect of performance." – sportrider

"This extremely capable all-around package proved to be number one in our outright Superpole Session lap times by a tenth of a second over the race-bred Yamaha." – motorcycle-usa

“Strong bottom- and mid-range, together with a screaming top end, makes the Ninja second only to the 675 Daytona in terms of engine satisfaction.” – superbike

"The 2009 ZX-6R is the most powerful standard 600 MCN has ever tested with a beasty 115bhp at the back wheel." – MCN

"...the ZX has proved it’s as good as it gets in the 600cc category. Combining class-leading power with a highly responsive and trustworthy chassis are the major elements of the formula for middleweight class success." – motorcycle

The new ZX10R looks like it might just be the weapon to knock the BMW S1000RR off it's throne.

112310-2011-kawasaki-ninja-zx-10r-14.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

Honda had better step up their game ASAP or continue to suffer a shrinking profile in the literbike wars.

Can't wait to see if the Suzuki GSXR K12 will raise the bar yet again!

WOOT!

^ I believe that's what's known as 'a bite'. :D

No one mentioned anything but 250cc, why 5 magazine quotes on a kawasaki 600? Keep the threads on-topic. Or there might be a little holiday handed out. whistling.gif

Edited by hehehoho

^ I believe that's what's known as 'a bite'. :D

No one mentioned anything but 250cc, why 5 magazine quotes on a kawasaki 600? Keep the threads on-topic. Or there might be a little holiday handed out. whistling.gif

LMAO - who went off topic? I was replying to your asinine comment about the Kawasaki Ninja :rolleyes:

Anyway, I still think the Honda NSF250R looks fantastic! Maybe Honda Racing is trying to work from the bottom up?

TGIF!

T

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Ride On!

T

Absolutely.

Confused how Tony's reply to this comment only included references to the ZX6R and no 250cc bikes?! And aren't many of them old quotes too, sure I read recently that the Suzuki GSX-R600 is the 600cc king!

Oh yes, here it is http://www.youtube.c.../10/zatKGbi4GiA

And what was that about the 2011 ZX10R being better than the S1000RR :lol:. I won't bother posting the video of how the BMW easily beat all of it's Japanese rivals, including the 2011 ZX10R, but here's how it then compared in the next comparison against it's European rivals

http://www.youtube.c...u/8/l4SFCokwH2M

Edited by skybluestu

Ride On!

T

Absolutely.

Confused how Tony's reply to this comment only included references to the ZX6R and no 250cc bikes?! And aren't many of them old quotes too, sure I read recently that the Suzuki GSX-R600 is the 600cc king!

And what was that about the 2011 ZX10R being better than the S1000RR :lol:. I won't bother posting the video of how the BMW easily beat all of it's Japanese rivals, including the 2011 ZX10R, but here's how it then compared in the next comparison against it's European rivals

Wake up bro- that's a comparo of the Gixxer vs Daytona 675. No mention of the ZX6R which beats them both.

Reading disability? " The new ZX10R looks like it might just be the weapon to knock the BMW S1000RR off it's throne."

A video comparo of the S1000RR vs "European rivals"... Now you're going off topic from my off topic ;-)

Good to see I'm not the only one who occasionally goes a bit off topic :lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Even though I am not your brother, I have woken up and I am sitting with a copy of a MCN in front of me ( January 19th, 2011 ) I am reading an article entitled, " New GSXR blows away 600 rivals " It is a very comprehensive test of all the main players and one of the test riders was Simon Crafar, an ex 500 GP rider.

Back on topic. If I owned a CBR250 I wouldn't be too upset about it being a lot heavier than a pure race bike. There has to be some trade off if you want lights, electric start, reliability, good fuel consumption, comfort, ability to carry a passenger and so on. Hopefully over the years new technology developed from Moto3 will filter down to the road bikes.

Chumpon eh? Wonder if the warranty can be transferred to another dealer?

I would actually be surprised if the warranty was tied to a specific dealer but will check it out for you in the next few days.

I would be most greatful if you can do that sir !

Honda Chumphon have just confirmed that warranty is valid at every dealership in Thailand, not confined to the specific shop which bike is purchased from.

Put a 1000km on the cbr in the last 6 days. Gear change from gears 1 through 4 is pretty clunky, reminds me of my old gixxer 1100 :rolleyes: Was wondering if this is normal as it doesn't feel like a typical honda box?

A guy I know with a D-Tracker used to moan about the clunky gear change and occasional difficulty changing from Nuetral to first when stopped at lights etc and he found that changing gear with the clutch not fully engaged (maybe 80-90%) solved the problem. Tried it myself on my CBR this morning and the gears that were previously quite clunky, 1-3, are now very smooth :)

Thanks for the tip SBS. Will try it out this afternoon.

Ride On!

T

Absolutely.

Wake up bro- that's a comparo of the Gixxer vs Daytona 675. No mention of the ZX6R which beats them both.

Reading disability? " The new ZX10R looks like it might just be the weapon to knock the BMW S1000RR off it's throne."

A video comparo of the S1000RR vs "European rivals"... Now you're going off topic from my off topic ;-)

Good to see I'm not the only one who occasionally goes a bit off topic :lol:

Tony, if you actually watched the videos I posted you'd see that the GSX-R600 was put up against the Triumph as it had already beaten every other contender including the zx6r. And the BMW was compared against the 'exotic' European bikes because it had already easily beaten its Japanese rivals.

You're not always right you know!

To finish the discussion about who makes the best 600cc sportsbike, we only need to look at the Superstock 600 races in 2010 the score on bikes was (1st) Yamaha, (2) Honda, (10) Kawasaki. For 2011 Superstock 600 only did a few races, but the score is again Yamaha first and second, Honda third, and Kawasaki fourth...

Superstock 600 races say already a bit what it is, 600cc stock motorcycles with limited modifications, so Yamaha YZF-R6, Honda CBR600RR, and Kawasaki ZX-6R's

By the way to go back to 250cc KTM is also entering the 250cc Moto3 racing and has announced a (single-cylinder) 250cc road legal motorcycle within 18 months...

Edited by Richard-BKK

So back to the CBR250R.

I'm busy. Have been busy for a while. Will be busy for a while longer. This leaves virtually no time for riding out of the city on a day/weekend ride. Haven't gone close to top speed in far too long. So thinking of changing the sprocket for more acceleration and a lower top speed - city style.

Anyone got info and data on how a sprocket change will affect the speed at certain RPMs?

I'd be interested.

Cheers.

quote name='hehehoho' timestamp='1307196723' post='4469083']

So back to the CBR250R.

I'm busy. Have been busy for a while. Will be busy for a while longer. This leaves virtually no time for riding out of the city on a day/weekend ride. Haven't gone close to top speed in far too long. So thinking of changing the sprocket for more acceleration and a lower top speed - city style.

Anyone got info and data on how a sprocket change will affect the speed at certain RPMs?

I'd be interested.

Cheers.

google_it_noob.pnghttp://www.gearingcommander.com/