Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I've had a pinging in the engine when doing a roll-on in 4th or 5th gear. Thought it was crook gasoline at first. But I've filled up at 3 different places and it's still there.

I'm the exact same.

It's developed slowly over the last few thousand or so km. In 6th as well. Pull back the throttle at say 4000rpm and it will knock maybe three times by the time it gets to 6000rpm.

Mainly seems to be between 5-6000rpm.

I've over 22,000km on the bike and had the valves and shims checked at the 6000km service (I think, perhaps the 12,000km one).

What usually causes it, and how to fix it?

I'm not overly bothered by it unless it gets worse, but would be nice to get rid of it.

Anyone?

Ive got the same prob almost since new, and its really annoying as you cant use all the available torque in the higher gears! I thought it was just how the bike is, but if the timing can be adjusted that would be great! I guess its something we should ask Brian at Sumet to look into.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to go for a quick 40 minute ride around the city.

Paid attention and didn't hear it once. It's really only in the top gears if I upshift while the rpms are low, say around 4000-5000rpm and the engine is then put under load.

In fact the bike sounded like a dream. No noises, no rattles, no pinging, knocking, buzzing or anything else. Like it was straight off the showroom floor, with over 22,000km on her.

2 main reasons I think, I lubed the chain with a new type of lube (the silicone lube in Homepro with rainbow on the front, 299thb for a large can) 2 days ago. And I got a new headlight bulb put in about 10 days ago. Every time Sumet take off the dash to do something the bike always sounds like it's off the showroom floor afterwards.

The Pirelli tyres with 4000km on them held up and did their job a few days ago when some feckwit decided to swerve out in front of me without looking, rear tyre held firm when I think the stock would have lost it. 5,400thb well spent.

Edited by hehehoho

I've had a pinging in the engine when doing a roll-on in 4th or 5th gear. Thought it was crook gasoline at first. But I've filled up at 3 different places and it's still there.

I'm the exact same.

It's developed slowly over the last few thousand or so km. In 6th as well. Pull back the throttle at say 4000rpm and it will knock maybe three times by the time it gets to 6000rpm.

I've over 22,000km on the bike and had the valves and shims checked at the 6000km service (I think, perhaps the 12,000km one).

I'm not overly bothered by it unless it gets worse, but would be nice to get rid of it.

Anyone?

This problem, causes and fixes are pretty well documented in a number of CB'r' 250 forums- http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-problems-issues/1561-engine-rattle-sign-up.html

This problem, causes and fixes are pretty well documented in a number of CB'r' 250 forums- http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-problems-issues/1561-engine-rattle-sign-up.html

Isn't that thread about the mythical 'engine rattle', not pinging/detonation/knocking?

I've seen you link to it a lot though. Do you have it bookmarked or something? :huh:

mine pinks at 5500 up so I changed up to 95 fuel now ok

I was thinking of that after reading up a bit about it. Will fill up on Benzine 95 if I can find it and see if there's a difference.

Edited by hehehoho

This problem, causes and fixes are pretty well documented in a number of CB'r' 250 forums- http://www.cbr250.ne...le-sign-up.html

Isn't that thread about the mythical 'engine rattle', not pinging/detonation/knocking?

I've seen you link to it a lot though. Do you have it bookmarked or something? :huh:

mine pinks at 5500 up so I changed up to 95 fuel now ok

I was thinking of that after reading up a bit about it. Will fill up on Benzine 95 if I can find it and see if there's a difference.

No need to bookmark. It's the first search result you get if you google "cbr250 problem" :rolleyes:

This little thumper certainly should not require high octane fuel to run properly.

I thought this color scheme looks pretty hot... would love to know how that CBR250 "RR" handles, it seems to have pretty much everything changed. Full system, some sort of juice box, etc etc. The only original parts are the ones painted yellow. On sale for 230k in Chiang Mai :)

Photo doesn't really do it justice, as it's from the phone and through the shop window.

post-20814-0-02608900-1322042887_thumb.j

Been in that shop yet nickster? Was going to pop in, but figured it might just be another overpriced fast corner clone.

This is the 'KRS1' racing project bike :D (photo courtesy of photoshop)

I got this image 'layered' in photoshop, in case anyone wants to see any other color variations...just let me know.

5e46c.jpg

Edited by KRS1

I thought this color scheme looks pretty hot... would love to know how that CBR250 "RR" handles, it seems to have pretty much everything changed. Full system, some sort of juice box, etc etc. The only original parts are the ones painted yellow. On sale for 230k in Chiang Mai :)

Photo doesn't really do it justice, as it's from the phone and through the shop window.

That fake Termi is just tacky :bah: You can dress up a pig, but it's still a pig ;)

Not to be confused with the REAL Honda CBR 250 RR:

IMG_5281.JPG

4 cylinder, 19000 redline, 45 horsepower, 157 kg (350 lb) wet. Now THAT is a real CBR baby! B)

230k is ridiculous for 'The Bumblebee' as it's known. Looks like a fake Termi slip-on, cheap 1,900b rear cowl, etc etc. Even still has the stock rear pegs.

The Bazzaz has been released and is getting good reviews. Seems to be more effective than a change of pipe with stock ECU, as far as simple mods go.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/11/md-video-review-2011-honda-cbr250r/

I'm the exact same.

Anyone?

This problem, causes and fixes are pretty well documented in a number of CB'r' 250 forums- http://www.cbr250.ne...le-sign-up.html

Thanks for the link. I hadn't got to the point where I searched the net!

Running Red 95. Worth a tank full to see how it goes.

That fake Termi is just tacky :bah: You can dress up a pig, but it's still a pig ;)

Not to be confused with the REAL Honda CBR 250 RR:

IMG_5281.JPG

4 cylinder, 19000 redline, 45 horsepower, 157 kg (350 lb) wet. Now THAT is a real CBR baby! B)

There is one of those up here in Chiang Mai that I've been trying to get someone to buy! It is the best sounding bike on the road, and I can tell that bike any time I hear it go by.

How much they looking for it? I wouldn't mind a plaything.

I know Just1voice looked at it, but I forget how much it was. It had a few minor issues but it's driven regularly. Next time I am by the shop I will check if it is still there and then send you a PM. I think it was around 60K. It would be an excellent project bike.

You mean you want to replace your toy CB'r' with a real CBR? Good idea! B)

Not really. My CBR is perfect for my weekly city commuting and mini-tours around Thailand. Trouble free, with cheap and easy parts, services etc etc... Simply the best bike in it's class.

Have been thinking about a weekend plaything for playing around on the track on a Sunday kinda thing.

Edited by hehehoho

I know Just1voice looked at it, but I forget how much it was. It had a few minor issues but it's driven regularly. Next time I am by the shop I will check if it is still there and then send you a PM. I think it was around 60K. It would be an excellent project bike.

Yeah, I saw one up there with modern fairings for 49k about a year ago in a large bike shop. They had tons of CBR400s as well.

The guy said he'd trade for my carbed Black CBR 150 (last model year) + 30k.

:whistling:

Update on namban exhaust. If u plan to do any track time give it a pass. No matter how much u adjust it you'll be dragging it through any quick right hand corner. API also informed me that i've probably lost torque compared to stock. It'll be replaced very soon

In Australia the CBR 250RR sell for between A$4000 to $7000 122000 to 213000 THB The most popular 250 here for sure.

Anyone have a top speed after modifications?

My CBR 150 hit 157 today with an oil change and new battery on stock gearing, im starting to make enough extra power to start gearing up now...so if 160 kph is all the cbr 250 has in it...going to jump pass 250cc's and into 650.

Edited by KRS1

Anyone have a top speed after modifications?

My CBR 150 hit 157 today with an oil change and new battery on stock gearing, im starting to make enough extra power to start gearing up now...so if 160 kph is all the cbr 250 has in it...going to jump pass 250cc's and into 650.

it's not just about top speed. if that's what your after then no brainer get a 65 or better still a 1000

The nice 250RR has been sold. (I stopped at that shop tonight.) They did have a CBR400 there for 70K that sounded almost as nasty. Looked a bit rough around the edges though.

Ok, I'm going to throw this out and see if anyone - Brian / Sumit City perhaps - can shed any light.

Was at Honda / Niyom Panich today to get new insurance on my 150. While they were doing the paperwork on that, me and wife looked at restored Steed. She loved, I didn't. Sales rep comes over, speaks minimal English. Told wife I'd rather have a 650 Ninja than the Steed. Attention goes back to the 250's, for which I plan to wait till the 2012 model comes with the tri-color paint scheme. Guy talks to wife, tell her in March that Honda is bringing out a Brand New Honda CBR 400. I asked if he was sure it was a CBR 400 or CB 400. He was ADAMANT that it's a new CBR 400. I've checked every web site I can find for the past half hour and can't find anything, and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this?

Edited by Just1Voice

I've heard rumours of it, yes.

I'll wait until net year and if still no sign will probably put 30k of upgrades into the CBR250R.

A relatively light and agile 400 would be good for me, the Kawa650 are just not suited to lots of city riding. And 160kph is fine when cruising the highways.

Hopefully it will happen.