Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Any recommendations for muffler or full system for the CBR250?

Not too loud, less loud the better.

Not performance robbing. No dead patches in the mid-range etc.

No insulation falling out or rivits popping out within the first few weeks/months/years.

Big demands I know. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought a used cbr250 a few months ago. Very good value for a little runabout bike.

I've noticed a lot of buzzing, more like marbles in a grinder being grinded at a very high speed at certain rpm. Usually around 5000-6000rpm depending on the gear. Just engine vibes vibrating the fairings and making them rub against each other I suspect.

With the baking hot weather the farings are as dry as a bone and with so many pieces rubbing against each other it's inevitable really. Especially if they expand slightly in the 40 degree heat.

So yesterday morning I sprayed WD40 along all the fairing joints, where they meet (there's a lot of them!).

Result, much less buzzing through out the day.

If any one else suffers from the same, give it a go. :)

^

I had the same weird vibes from the engine at 5000 6000 rpm on my cbr250 too.

I did everything but the sound was still there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks! Is that the best tire for commuting, which is about all I do, except for a couple of trips per year? Do you know the name of the shop too, please?

I would not say it is a great commuting tire.

It is a great "Sport Tire" meaning it is sticky & as such offers increased

grip for increased lean angles.

If your wanting a good commuter tire spend your money

on tires that offer good traction in wet & dry but give more miles that a Rosso

I use Rosso II's but they are not high mileage commuter tires. You can do much better

in miles per baht with something else.

I do not know what & maybe someone with commuter tire experience will chime in for you

Good Luck

If commuting and tire life is the concern, then stock irc s are fine.

Rosso2 s are not high milage tires but i used a set for 9000 km and there were at least another 5000 km to go so i think they offer a good compromise.

Check michelin as well. They are cheaper and better than stock.

You can check pirelli angels but not sure if they size for cbr250.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I just saw this about the cbr250 and cbr 300.

cbr.png

It looks that to upgrade the 250 engine to the 286 engine you would only need to buy the new crank/rod?

Anything else likely needed? such as gearing?

Well, if the stroke is increased and the bore is the same and the compression ratio is the same then the head may be different if I'm thinking right.

May be a shorter rod would account for it though, or piston.

Good question.

Well, if the stroke is increased and the bore is the same and the compression ratio is the same then the head may be different if I'm thinking right.

May be a shorter rod would account for it though, or piston.

Good question.

Everything else being the same - bore, compression ratio - only the stroke is longer, is interesting.

I'm sure the Thais will have it sussed out within a second of it being released.

If only the new crank and rod are needed, the 250 ones are listed as around $245 on hondapartsnation.com

Could well be that for 7-10k baht you can get an extra 4+HP about 15% more HP, and 4Nm torque, 17% more torque.

A comment I saw elsewhere says that 6th gear from the 300 will also be needed?

Any tech-heads are welcome to comment on what is likely to be needed.

It also appears that the Balancer Shaft is heavier to counter more vibrations than the 250.

How much it needs it could really be decided after it has been modded I suppose.

The 250 balancer shaft is listed as about $75 for all the parts, $25 for just the balancer shaft, if it or all the parts would swap straight from the 300 into the 250 that is.

http://www.hondapartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/506fb0e7f870023124435c90/balancer-shaft

Also the final gearing has been lengthened for highway cruising efficiency, I wouldn't know enough about gearing to say, but you could probably just leave the gearing the same unless wanting highway cruising efficiency. Listen to others who know more than me about it though.

Well it isn’t a Ninja killer but still should be pretty good on fuel economy and the front end looks better than the older 250.

Don't think anybody cares about it being a ninja killer to be honest.

I've seen CBR250's listed for 60k baht, buying one for so cheap and upgrading it to 286cc with OEM Honda parts for say 8k baht more would be terrific value.

Old Ninja 250's can be had for as low as 70k baht.

Whichever, both bloody cheap and good value in a country that had nothing only a few years ago. smile.png

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a 2011 model in gray/silver.

It's started having a ticking/clacking sound. Around 30,000km.

Perhaps the cam chain or something?

Anyone have something similar happen?

hope not the cams.

Probably a cam chain tensioner.

Probably right

Since it has 30k on it maybe good time

for a valve adjust & tension check.

Labor here being as cheap as it is

Only thing is bike needs to be cold

so you may have to leave it most of the day

Good Luck

Bought a used cbr250 a few months ago. Very good value for a little runabout bike.

I've noticed a lot of buzzing, more like marbles in a grinder being grinded at a very high speed at certain rpm. Usually around 5000-6000rpm depending on the gear. Just engine vibes vibrating the fairings and making them rub against each other I suspect.

With the baking hot weather the farings are as dry as a bone and with so many pieces rubbing against each other it's inevitable really. Especially if they expand slightly in the 40 degree heat.

So yesterday morning I sprayed WD40 along all the fairing joints, where they meet (there's a lot of them!).

Result, much less buzzing through out the day.

If any one else suffers from the same, give it a go. smile.png

Thanks. I'll try that. :)

if any one is in the market for new tyres Michelin have just released some for the Cbr. Ninja 250 size bikes.

Michelin Pilot street..3,500b for the pair

http://www.saikourubber.com/index.php?page=showtopics&fn=view&id=47

Youtube test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZF0RbTGwts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man6B6Bn064

That's very cheap!

Anybody got any info on these Michelin Pilot Street? Never heard of them. The Pirelli Sport Demon are about 5700 I think.

I had the same problem a while ago. When i turned off the indicator, it stopped.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm running the Michelin Pilot Street on my Raider (2100baht) & my old CBR150 (2600baht, mounted & balanced).

I especially like their wet road traction.

Drove the little CBR for an hour plus on the highway in the rain last month and very good grip in turning & @braking.

They claim good longevity.

Check out the online reviews.

I will have some fitted to my CBR250.

Have Mich (Pilot Sporty) on the Nouvo too.

"A better way forward."
5 5 5

I had the same problem a while ago. When i turned off the indicator, it stopped.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ba-Doom

Tisch.

:rolleyes:

Archived