And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

Public Abuse Of A Ladyboy

PattayaOneTeam

I’m ‘Ard Me

After a night and early morning on Walking Street a friend and I usually buy some food in Marine Plaza where we enjoy observing late night life in all its forms, funneling out of Walking Street.

Last week we saw a very hirsute and unpleasant-looking Arab guy come to eat with a barfined ladyboy in tow. He ordered food for himself, sat down on the only available chair, ignoring the ladyboy to the extent that we at first couldn’t tell they were together.

He lit a cigarette, then bizarrely threw his cigarette lighter into Pratamnak Road, before looking at the ladyboy with an aggressive stare,indicating with a head gesture for the ladyboy to go and pick it up and bring it back to him, like a dog, which said ladyboy did without even a grimace.

It had me wondering what sort of pathetic mind games some of these idiots think they are playing here.

Was this He-Man (literally), embarrassed and trying to prove a point about his own masculinity by asserting his (paid for) domination over a ladyboy, or did he think the person he was mistreating really was a woman, and this is how he treats women in his own culture, or just here, in which case his misogynistic tendencies were woefully misplaced on this occasion.

We couldn’t tell, but we hoped the ladyboy slipped him a Rohipnol later and made off with all his possessions.

Beach Furniture

I am still waiting to see whether the new lifeguards’ stations recently erected on Pattaya and Jomtien beaches are really part of a very welcome,well-thought-out lifeguard programme to protect beachgoers and swimmers, or only yet another unnecessary, ill-thought-out, badly-constructed, unsightly and unnecessary mess dumped on the beach for nobody’s benefit other than those directly involved.

Actually that’s very unfair. They have already conferred a valuable benefit- as a homeless shelter to rough sleepers on the beach, and no doubt those randy Russkies will soon be using them as nocturnal nookie nests ‘come’ high season.

Even if they are part of a well-thought-out but unannounced programme of lifeguarding Pattaya’s beaches I have two basic questions.

1. Did it occur to anyone involved in this mental venture that METAL constructions will be unbearably hot in the high season? I mean,this isn’t Northern Europe. These erections should have been made out of wood or bamboo, if they were a serious attempt at housing lifeguards, that is. And note that the fixed seat is also metal. Imagine how hot that would be to sit on all day, in a baking hot metal box. You’d need paramedics on permanent standby just to administer to the arse-blistered and heat-struck lifeguards.

2. Who is going to bear responsibility for the maintenance of these metal structures, as they rust and rot on the sand for the next 20years, as all these “initiatives” seem to?

English As What It Was Wrote

My wife recently bought a book in order to learn better English (note to self: something I should do as well).

Her spoken English is excellent but she wants to improve her written English.

She told me one of the model answers in the book reads: “The shopkeeper_________ his staff to go home early” and offered multiple choice answers,including “let” and “allowed”. The book said the correct answer was “let”!

Of course it took some considerable persuading for her to believe I was right and the book could possibly be wrong.

Such an error is not a great recommendation for a book intended to help Thais improve their English, either because it is a genuine grammatical mistake,or a stupid typographical error that, ironically, nobody proof-reading this book about better English had picked up, which had me wondering what else they had missed.

She also recently showed me one of her old university textbooks, which had,as an example of how to use the passive and active tenses in English, the following excellent, but politically loaded example: “Ayuthaya was destroyed by the Burmese”!

Thailand’s Navy Sails to Somalia

When I first read recent news reports about the Thai navy arriving off Somalia to join in the war on Somalian sea piracy, given the business nature of a lot of law enforcement in Thailand, I had to carefully check to see which side they’d be on.

Reassured, I then wondered how they’d deal with a hijack situation, perhaps seeing ship seizure as the result of a simple‘misunderstanding’ and instead of engagement they would seek to ‘explain the true nature of the situation, so the pirates would better understand their confusion and mistake over this complicated issue’.

Alternatively, to bring some welcome Thai problem-solving logic to this tricky international arena, they may try to promote the pirates.

Contact me at [email protected]

Enjoyed this article? Why not go to our poll and vote for it at:

[/url]

FREEDOWNLOAD HERE

gallery_327_1086_2603.gif

-- PattayaOne 2010-10-19

Edited by webfact

I found the comments about the pirates to be brilliant ("what side would they be on" :lol:) . If you are wondering about the qualifications of the navy, ask some Royhingas.

Peter, please do something about your space bar, it seems to get stuck frequently.

Thanks Canukamuck. The problem isn't Pete's. We aren't loading the copy, which is word-perfect when we send it, but somehow, somewhere the conversion of the file is leading to these errors. We will just have to iron this out over time.

Best wishes.