Where Can I Buy Helium Filled Party Balloons?

macahoom

How about nitrous oxide ballons?

Maybe not such a good idea in view of the fact that they're for a children's party.

Besides, I'm sure the kids would be deflated when they saw the balloons flopping around at floor level.

Good(ish) suggestion though!

How about nitrous oxide ballons?

Maybe not such a good idea in view of the fact that they're for a children's party.

Besides, I'm sure the kids would be deflated when they saw the balloons flopping around at floor level.

Good(ish) suggestion though!

Sorry I couldnt resist

I'm sure the humans would be flopping around at floor level!

As the world is running out of helium perhaps it's use in party balloons is coming to an end. The price is certainly going up. :rolleyes:

"Helium is non-renewable and irreplaceable. Its properties are unique and unlike hydrocarbon fuels (natural gas or oil), there are no biosynthetic ways to make an alternative.

The helium we have on Earth has been built up over billions of years from the decay of natural uranium and thorium. The decay of these elements proceeds at a super-snail's pace. As the uranium and thorium decay, some of the helium is trapped along with natural gas deposits in certain geological formations. Some of the produced helium seeps out of the Earth's mantle and drifts into the atmosphere, where there is approximately five parts per million of helium. However this helium, as well as any helium ultimately released into the atmosphere by users, drifts up and is eventually lost to the Earth.

When we use what has been made over the approximate 4.5 billion of years the Earth has been around, we will run out" (from Science Daily)

• 2 months later...