Cloggie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear all,

Next IT meeting Thursday July 7th, Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Soi 8 Bar - meeting will start around 06:00pm.

This time William will do the presentation - subject see below:

'Web Application vulnerabilities is a threat to everyone serving dynamic content from their webserver. The most relevant example of the devastating effect of the attacks must be the 50 days hacking spree from LulzSec. I will go through common vulnerabilities such as SQL Injections, Commandline Executions and File Inclusion attacks, and how to exploit them. There are several of you in the group either developing or hosting websites, so I believe there is a lot of knowledge that could be exchanged.'

Looks very interesting so look forward to the presentation / demonstration.

Cheers,

Cloggie

Dear all,

I think last night was very, very interesting, especially the demonstration about botnets how they work and how users are infected was an eye opener for everybody.

Scary to see that even virus scanners and firewalls are 'useless' if your software and OS are not patched frequently as that seems to be the only way to prevent your computer of being a 'zombie computer'.

Next meeting we will have a new presentation about SQL injection, how it works and how to prevent it.

More news about the next IT meeting later.

Cheers,

Cloggie

I think last night was very, very interesting, especially the demonstration about botnets how they work and how users are infected was an eye opener for everybody.

Seconded - many thanks for a fascinating presentation.

Can I suggest that Urandom is banned from attending the next one in the interests of global Internet security?

• 4 weeks later...

Dear all,

New IT meeting will be Thursday August 4th with a demonstration / presentation SQL-injection by William.

Where: Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 8, in Soi 8 Sports Bar (www.soi8.net), meeting will start around 07:00pm.

Hope to see you all again and hopefully some new people will show up as well.

Cheers,

Cloggie

PS, sorry for the late announcement

I'm sorry I didn't show up for this meeting / announce so. I haven't had time to keep an eye of the forum and thought that the meeting would

be around 7th-8th Aug like last month. I think it is better to keep it on a weekday rather than the weekend, if we want to keep as many as possible

to show up.

We have the domainname registerred, and I have a couple of servers. Is there any interest in 2600 shell account to use for file storage, website(with or without domain),

e-mail etc.

I also thought that if we can line-up already now different categories of talks / presentations that we can bring to the table, maybe we could setup a basic hacking

competition / wargame just for fun in a couple of months?

I will be bringing my collection of computer related e-books to share, so if interested bring some sort of storage medium. Floppies preferred :)

I _LOVE_ ebooks. Please send me a PM. :>

Once again shame on me, missing last meeting.

The reason was because I don't frequent this forums these days for other reasons than getting news about these meetings. VISAs / work permits etc don't trouble me all too much anymore.:-)

We have registered 2600.in.th on our end, and think there would be a great idea to setup a mailinglist, so we can coordinate meeting times / attendance without depending on the TV forum.

I still think this thread is valuable for discussion and to expose the meeting to other TV members.

To add your e-mail on the mailing list, please send me a PM. If you use PGP, please send me your keyring as well.

For anybody that would like a @2600.in.th e-mail address hosted at Google / forwarder, send me a PM.

Edited by WilliamSandin

For anybody that would like a @2600.in.th e-mail address hosted at Google / forwarder, send me a PM.

Because of Google Apps limitations, we cannot a ll atendees with 2600.in.th e-mail as of yet. The reason

why we cannot place it on some other servers, are because they are within corporates with very strict

Security poliies against hosting mail like this. If there's interest in e-mail, maybe we could find some way around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We should have an open call for anyone who would like to present anything for the next meeting. something to the tune of

Got an idea, tip, trick, come share it at Bangkoks #1 computing based interest group

Dear all,

The IT meeting tonight in Sukhumvit, Soi 8, Soi 8 Bar is canceled - next IT meeting will be in October again.

Cheers,

Cloggie

Hello all,

I just arrived in Samui, and I'm so glad to know where other geek/techies meet in Thailand.

I've no plan to travel to bangkok any soon, but if one of you either come to Samui.

Just email me, and we might discuss about the tech we love near a beer/cofee/whatever.

Bonus offer : If you use Perl you get one drink offered

And if you don't...well...you get one anyway :-)

Next IT meeting Thursday October 6th, Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Soi 8 Bar - meeting will start around 06:00pm.

Can anyone come, AND, can I ask stupid (really basic-non techie) questions and not get laughed at or shouted at?

usual crowd is very friendly. people will be happy to help, whatever the quesion may be.

Next IT meeting Thursday October 6th, Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Soi 8 Bar - meeting will start around 06:00pm.

Can anyone come, AND, can I ask stupid (really basic-non techie) questions and not get laughed at or shouted at?

To answer your question:

First question - yes

Second question - yes

Last question - no

So maybe see you coming Thursday.

Cheers,

Cloggie