Village Of F***Ing Outraged By British Prank Callers

george

Not Thailand related, but...

Village of F***ing outraged by British prank callers

Angry residents in the village of F***ing are complaining about drunken English speaking callers demanding to know 'Is that F***ing?' - before bursting into laughter and then hanging up.

Pranksters noticed that residents of the badly named village could be found by typing the word 'F***ing' in the online Austrian telephone book www.auskunft.at.

Also available on the telephone book are locals at the Austrian villages of Oberf***ing, Windpassing, W**kham, and Rottenegg - although it seems that F***ing is the most popular - and the one that is being targeted by pranksters.

And now random callers have been making life miserable for the villagers.

Johann Maier, 56, told local media: 'It's true - we get calls and a voice in English asking if we are in F***ing or is that F***ing - then there is laughter or something - and then they hang up.'

Mayor Siegfried Hauppl said: 'I don't know why they have to go on about it all the time the English - we are always in the news but we are just a little village - we want to be left in peace.'

And he rejected any suggestion that the village change its name.

Last year locals in the Swiss village of W**k urged the F***ing residents to lighten up - open a few guests houses and sell postcards to cash in on their fame.

The W**k Guest House, they said, was full all year round.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/844845-village-of-<deleted>-outraged-by-british-prank-callers

If you never thought of anything while on vacation their, I guess you just have no <deleted> idea!

great place for bed company. If you had a kid you might want to talk to the <deleted> headmaster about getting him into <deleted> high school there. I wonder what the <deleted> bakery is like?

Yeah, soon gets old. but when you get old you can move into the <deleted> old peoples home. Can't beleive the "Carry on..." Production team missed that <deleted> place!

Think that would have been a great movie, Carry on in <deleted>. Imagine Babs Windsor, Sid James, Kenneth Williams and all the others.

If you come from there you must be a "Fcuker", how about the old Confessions movies - "Confessions of an Old Fcuker"

If you never thought of anything while on vacation their, I guess you just have no <deleted> idea!

great place for bed company. If you had a kid you might want to talk to the <deleted> headmaster about getting him into <deleted> high school there. I wonder what the <deleted> bakery is like?

Yeah, soon gets old. but when you get old you can move into the <deleted> old peoples home. Can't beleive the "Carry on..." Production team missed that <deleted> place!

That's a good post/user picture match. :lol:

There's a city called Intercourse in the States. For some reason, it doesn't ellicit that many prank calls. I guess it would cost too much for the Brits. What a sense of humor. Can you imagine the laughs they would get if the town was call Fukcing A-hole?

considering an awful lot of people in the world speak English why is it assumed that these callers are from Britain?

Its the education and wit that gives us away

SC

It can be brilliant.:D

"Shines like gold, when all around is darkness" - like a stream of bat's piss

SC

I cannot for the life of me see why this thread has been kept open. I respect george very much and this isnot a complaint and I am sorry I cannot find the right way to contact the mods of which george is one. But this isnot thai related as stated by George so why keep it? It is toilet humor. If someone other than a respected mod placed this here would it still be open is something I question.

I cannot for the life of me see why this thread has been kept open. I respect george very much and this isnot a complaint and I am sorry I cannot find the right way to contact the mods of which george is one. But this isnot thai related as stated by George so why keep it? It is toilet humor. If someone other than a respected mod placed this here would it still be open is something I question.

Ypu make a good point. I think he's developed a thing for the word fukc.

In 1977, Rick Cuny was enjoying a few cocktails when he entered a naming contest for the Best New Name for a store in Avon, Colorado where the future ski resort, Beaver Creek was to open in 1980. Rick won the contest and the name was Beaver Liquors.....

• 4 weeks later...

I remember driving in France to some ski area and passing a sign that reads "PUSY" prochain sortie (next exit). Although spelled with 1 S it always makes me laugh.laugh.gif

Don't know why I never took a pic of it driving past it so many times. Some day I'll stop and take the darn pic. :P

Oh btw it's actually an abbreviation of the city PUSY-ET-EPENOUX.

Village of F***ing outraged by British prank callers

I too would make fun of people living at a place with a name written with three stars instead of proper letters!

Losers!

P.S.

I am at a loss trying to find a reason for the transparent word censorship on the forum.

Could someone please explain the benefits to me?

Edited by manarak

I first heard of the village in 2005 when they took measures to secure the place-name signs against theft and a local magazine published the back story: replacing stolen signs had cost the municipality a fortune, thefts were largely attributed to brits - bringing the signs back to the US by plane wouldn't be practical - though pretty every European adolescent would know that particular English word.

A small spoiler of the fun: in German U is pronounced like OO in fool. If, however, you don't mind the miss-pronunciation, you may have plenty of giggles with all the Bang Something places in LOS.

A nice geographic detail: not far from F**king, across the German border, there's a village called Petting. So if you drive a fancy sports car, you can go from Petting to F**king in under 20 minutes.

Edited by Puschl

I am at a loss trying to find a reason for the transparent word censorship on the forum.

Could someone please explain the benefits to me?

The built-in profanity filtering is actually used to deal with words that Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines take offence to by modifying them so the page displaying them isn't penalized. Mods deal with the actual profanities, and in some areas of the forum, like this one which is a lot of light hearted humorous stuff, we are a bit more laid back about it. In news threads, because of the amount of acrimony there, we don't tolerate it much at all.