Lanna International School Garage Sale

CMMCB

Just to let people know, there will be a Garage Sale at the school (near southern end of airport runway) on Saturday, Nov. 27th, from 8 am to 12 noon.

Anyone is welcome to rent space/a table to sell, eg. books, DVDs, clothes, toys, household items, hand made craft or clothing items. Services like massage, manicures or hair braiding also welcome. 60-80 spaces available at a cost of 200 baht each. To book space, call the school office (Ms Neung) on 053 806230 or 053 806231. (Payment to be made within 48 hours of booking.)

CMMCB

Edited by CMMCB

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly half the tables have now been booked, so don't delay if you want one. There will apparently also be a display of children's "strider" bikes for your little ones to try out; no pedals, so they learn to balance without the need for training wheels/stabilisers. Looks like a good idea to me, after the initial reaction of "a bike without pedals?!"

CMMCB

The last one was swamped with people - both Thai and westerners.

I hope there are less folks this time so that I can grab all the bargains... I can't help myself - I suffer from a Acute Car Boot Habit that I developed while living in England! :rolleyes:

Symptoms of " Acute Car Boot Habit":

• Endlessly checking classified ads for the location of upcoming yard/garage sales (all called that here it seems)
  • Always arriving at the sale just before the posted start time
  • Grasping everything in sight once in the sale to avoid others beating you to the bargains
  • Buying lots of what appear to be useful items, but in fact just take up cupboard space...

Anyway, I'm off to the doctors to get some pills... Good luck at the sale everyone!

• 1 month later...