Wing 41

Tywais

That time of year again. The secretary just handed out the application forms for Wing 41 passes so those interested can pick theirs up at Wing 41 now.

Requirements for the pass asked of me:

Copy of Driver's license

Copy of passport

Copy of Work Permit (or other proof of address) (Seems to not apply for individuals as others report not needed)

Copy of Tambien Lort (Car registration book - blue book)

Filled out and signed form

Edited by Tywais
Modified proof of address requirement

I keep hearing about this - where does it actually cut through? any map? cost?

Believe the cost is 60 Baht application fee. The convenience depends on where you live/work. For me, working at CMU, it cuts time and frustration of having to go around the moat to get to immigration, airport, airport plaza and to Hang Dong road to Tesco Lotus. Route it covers below.

post-566-0-47846500-1288679521_thumb.jpg

//edit - updated map to show location for applications.

Tywais, do you happen to know what the deadline is for applications?

Thanks

December 24 TP. Also, a PDF won't probably help as the form is not standard A4 size and they will want an original. Unless he wants to have an advance preview in which case I can scan a copy and post it here.

Yeah, what Tywais said.

Application date is 1 Nov to 24 Dec.

You go back to the same office (Thai Air Force Military Police) to collect the actual sticker(s) next year, starting in January (and up to March, depending on when you applied and where you are in the queue).

When you initially apply, you show up with all your copies.

You go to the back far right side to a little office, ask for your app. Pay 5 B each. (Tywais got his for free because his uni went down and got a bunch for free- gov't agency).

Then go out to a chair and fill it out, takes one minute max. Go back to the same office with the app and your copies. Pay 60 B per application. So total 65 B per app.

They stamp and tear off the bottom part of the app with a serial number and a collection date. As mentioned above, the collection date varies depending on when you apply. If you wait until the last day, Dec 24- your collection date will be in March 2011. The stickers are valid March of one year to March the following year.

Saves a huge amount of time for people who live or work or transit from the northwest part of town, to the south or east, or visa versa. For others, it is a non-issue.

Hope this helps.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was turned back last week while riding a bicycle. As I don't own or drive any motorized vehicles, I don't have a driver's license of any sort. Is it Catch 22?

I wonder what the situation is if you do have a driver's licence and you dismount the bicycle and walk with it?:blink:

are pedestrians allowed to walk through this area pushing the bicycle?:D