Isaan Restaurant Guide

buadhai

I'm trying to put together a web-based guide to dining in the Northeast.

I started a thread on it in the Isaan forum:

Isaan Restaurant Guide

but the response has been less than overwhelming.

So, I need your help. Please post, PM or e-mail me your Isaan dining recommendations.

Information should include the name, location, type of cuisine served, contact information and web page, if any.

TIA

Do you mean reataurants that sell Isaan food?

If so, I can only recommend one or two. If you mean ones that sell Thai food, well there are heaps.

My favourite in Khon Kaen is the "The Boat" just off Mittraphap Road before Sri Nakarin hospital as you are going north. Great food and live jazz.

Great Italian on Lang Soon rachada road.

What I'm looking for restaurants that would be of interest to farang and other visitors to the area. The type of cuisine doesn't matter. I want to mainly list places that serve other-than-Thai food, but I would also like to list Thai food restaurants of note; places that are especially nice or in unique settings. For example, there is a restaurant here in Korat that serves ordinary Thai food, but the place is full of antiques, including some incredible clocks. I would list it just because of the surroundings.

I need enough detail about a place so that someone visiting the area could easily find it.