A Good Tailor In Pattaya.

Mobi

I know this subject comes up regularly, but tailors come and go all the time. I used to swear by one on 2nd Road who is no longer there.

So I would appreciate any CURRENT recommendations, i.e. tailors that you have used within the past six months.

Many thanks :)

Mobi

hi Mobi,

i still use the same tailor i have used for the past 10 years, same guy, same standards

i was there a month ago, my visiting best friend in UK's son wanted a suit like Daniel Craig's in his latest Bond role

he brought a picture, the guy made the suit, there were no dramas

he was delighted, it was around 5000 baht

threw in a shirt and tie for free for him as he was happy to see me.

its Next in the Kiss arcade opposite the back of Mike's shopping mall

best regards

TK

Novomix 30 rules ok.........

If the tailor doesn't stand outside his shop to shake the hand of every farang who passes, can he be judged as a good tailor with enough work to keep him indoors?

The tailor's do not stand outside and annoy people, that is their sales people who most probably could not sew on a button!!!:lol:

yes---------robin---------0863154703-----------had suit and trosers recently

excellent service and goods tell him you friend neil / john it will help

i went at 11 ish on a sat morn got measured and collected trousers at 5 ish same day of course !!

Behind Tutkom and the Tutkom Garage there is a Soi full of Thai Tailors - very efficient and good prices - there are several shop houses and they all seem to work as a team.

I know for a fact that most, if not all Indian and other tailors in Pattaya have their work done in those 'sweatshops' behind Tukcom. The guy I used to patronise did just that. he would measure you up, send the material and measurements to his contact behind TukCom, then a day or so later the guy from the sweat shop would return with the garment for the second fitting which was supervised by the shop owner, and then the finished product arrived a day or so later.

I often drive in the Tuk Com area and have frequently seen Indians double park their cars while they deliver and collect their stuff from the sweat shops.

So I have often considered 'cutting out the middle man" and going direct to these sweat shops, but in the end, have concluded that the guy with the shop on Second Road, or wherever, is also doing his job; i.e measuring you up and making sure the clothes fit as they are supposed to. If you cut him out you might end up with an ill fitting suit. That was my train of thought, rightly or wrongly as I know SFA about tailoring :)

I have often considered 'cutting out the middle man" and going direct to these sweat shops

If you cut him out you might end up with an ill fitting suit.

The sweat shop workers don't carry material so if you did cut out the middle man you'd need to supply your own.

You won't get ill fitting clothing if you provide a set of your clothing (trousers, shirt, suit etc.)for them to copy from.

• 1 month later...