Samsung Galaxy Tablet

monkeytunes

i have a note and it is great. I also had the first gen 7" tab it alos was good. When i upgraded to first gen 10.1 tab it was not good. Tried a bunch of browser and could crash all of them posting in forums. It also had lag when typing......I went to samsung repair and they let me try another one. It also crashed in forums. They said i should wait for a software upgrade.

I sold the tab for a ipad3. i basically hate apple but this is superior to what i had. btw if i could not jail break it then it would useless. My ipad browser crashes about once every two weeks.

You know it is odd but I swear my Tab 10.1 which I have had for about a year now & using the stock browser has never crashed.

I have tried the others like Dolphin, Firefox & Opera

all were fine but the stock browser does it all for me & I find the ability to make folders for bookmarks etc easier.

I have never felt the need to root the Tab either & recently upgraded it to ICS without rooting.

also I like that I have never needed to buy software/apps except one that was the Paiboon Thai Dict because it was so good.

Everything else I have downloaded free. Including office products that can open my encrypted Excel files.

But at the end of the day what does it for me with Android Tab is its ability to play nicely with my other devices.

(Laptop & phone) + the ease of dropping what I want where I want it & structuring folders etc within the OS

I can also hide them well if I choose.

Edited by mania

I have just bought the Note 10.1 which so far has exceeded my expectations, I particularly like the S pen functions. When I am working I usually have to walk around with a load of documents, note pad and camera. The Note covers all that. If anyone is thinking about buying one BKK airport believe it or not is probably the cheapest place. It is 20,500 Baht in the domestic terminal and from what I remember about 700 Baht cheaper in duty free. I was going to buy in duty free the other day but was going to Dubai where I thought it would be cheaper, it wasn't and you don't get an international warranty.

• Like 1

Here's a question about a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Has anyone tried connecting a printer? How do you actually do that, and is there a range of software drivers available for all the various printers that people have?

Answers for other Galaxy models as well would probably be relevant if they're using the same Android 4 Ice cream sandwich

Here's a question about a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Has anyone tried connecting a printer? How do you actually do that, and is there a range of software drivers available for all the various printers that people have?

Answers for other Galaxy models as well would probably be relevant if they're using the same Android 4 Ice cream sandwich

Because I have a Brother wifi enabled printer I d/l a Brother print app (there are also google doc printers) printing is as easy as long press and print for PDFs - I vaguely remember I did have to find a work around for Word docs

I ended up getting myself a Galaxy Tab 8.9 last week and am still in the throes of trying to learn the basics of driving it, so sorry 2unique, can't answer your question about printer compatibility just yet, but hopefully will get around to addressing it before long.

About printing, the manual keeps repeatedly quoting advice like:

●● To print the webpage via Wi-Fi or USB, select

→ Print.

Your device is compatible only with some Samsung

printers.

I do have a new Samsung monochrome laser printer, so when I manage to test it with that, I guess I should stand a sporting chance of success.

How about the GPS facility on the Galaxy Note? Anyone got experience?

Am I right in my understanding that GPS on a tablet like this is much better than on a TomTom or Garmin because

1) you get whole world coverage and don't have to buy seperate maps for different regions of the world

2) you don't run into the same local language problems like you do with a locally bought Garmin (not sure if this equally applies to TomTom)

the gps is good but dont expect turn by turn voice navigation in thailand.

It works on ICS :D

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Google print will work with any printer, but needs to have a PC attached to the printer, switched on and running Chrome. Both have to be connected to the internet of course.