American Football

ChuckZ

I'm just glad all the talk of Favre going to Carolina has quieted down. There are a number of teams out there that Favre can improve. My kitties aren't one of them.

So you are banking on the Delhomme rusty elbow? That's a bit precarious, no?

He'd cry like it was a retirement announcement.

HA ! I like it......

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice fair weather fan, already given up on T-Jax as your QB.............now I hope you do get the crybaby and GB waxes you guys in the first MNF game.

RAIDERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL! RAIDERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!

:o

Your organization should be more concerned with who they're going to pick 1st overall next season.

completely wrong pal.

J. Russell is a monster and will be much improved with a full offseason, training camp, preseason under his belt. McFadden will be the new Ladanian T. The defense has been shored up bigtime with some nice offseason signings, the offensive line will be much improved also.

No, I'm not like you already ditching my team's QB for a crybaby flipflopper, I'll stick with my Raiders through thick and thin (and boy it's been thin recently) and am quite optimistic about their team this season.

GO RAIDERS ! (posted by the #1 Raider fan in Thailand)

J. Russell is a monster and will be much improved with a full offseason, training camp, preseason under his belt. McFadden will be the new Ladanian T. The defense has been shored up bigtime with some nice offseason signings, the offensive line will be much improved also.

No, I'm not like you already ditching my team's QB for a crybaby flipflopper, I'll stick with my Raiders through thick and thin (and boy it's been thin recently) and am quite optimistic about their team this season.

Oh, because every rookie QB that have started 1 game in their entire career inexplicitly improve because of a full off-season, training camp and pre-season. I guess I shouldn't be all over Tarvaris' case then.

McFadden is a rookie running back and even with him coming aboard it doesn't solve their inadequacy as an offense. You guys have arguably the best CB tandem, but the run defense is still lousy.

Ditching my team's QB? When did I say I was ditching my team's QB? I was being realistic and am ALWAYS welcome to an improvement for my team, I'm not delusionally optimistic. I guess if you wanted Bob Sanders, then that means you gave up on Michael Huff, right? :o Give me a break.

GO RAIDERS, GO all the way into another season below 500.

Ditching my team's QB? When did I say I was ditching my team's QB? I was being realistic and am ALWAYS welcome to an improvement for my team, I'm not delusionally optimistic. I guess if you wanted Bob Sanders, then that means you gave up on Michael Huff, right? :o Give me a break.

GO RAIDERS, GO all the way into another season below 500.

"I was being realistic and am ALWAYS welcome to an improvement"

That's where you are wrong, Favre would not be an improvement. The guy is old and in downward mode, T-Jax is young, more mobile and improving. I think you'll see him have a great season.

"I guess if you wanted Bob Sanders, then that means you gave up on Michael Huff, right?"

Yeah, but we don't want Sanders, so your argument is B.S.

That's where you are wrong, Favre would not be an improvement. The guy is old and in downward mode, T-Jax is young, more mobile and improving. I think you'll see him have a great season.

You're delusional if you don't think Favre would be an improvement over Tarvaris. Seriously.

It was an example of your logic.

You're delusional if you don't think Favre would be an improvement over Tarvaris. Seriously.

It was an example of your logic.

O.K., no worries, lets agree that we disagree. Also, lets see where he ends up and how well that team does.

I'll be at Bally's in Vegas the first two Sundays (Saturdays too for college ball), that GB Minnesota MNF opener will be the sh*t.

So we all know up front, which teams do you all root for? Patsfanger you don't have to respond.

For the record, I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for many, many years and look forward to another great year.

My brother lives in Dallas, and he's a nut over the Cowboys.

Romo seems a bit snake bit, I read where in college he froze up when in the big games. Maybe he can get past that this year.

Best of luck to your Boyz.

Growing up with no hometown team, I learned to admire competence and professionalism. I've always loved the underdog. So there are quite a few teams I've always want to do well.

But my heart belongs to my hometown Carolina Panthers. Also, since I moved to Tampa a year after the Buccaneers appeared, and there was no Carolina team back then, I'm a Bucs fan too. I became one back when they'd only lost their first 14 games. They didn't win until their 26th game, and I also became a Saints fan on that day, for the bag-headed Aints stuff.

There's never been a year where both Carolina and Tampa failed to suck, so that works out well, but if both happened to excel at the same time, I'd take the Panthers.

Oh, and on any given week I'll love whoever's playing against Dallas.

So we all know up front, which teams do you all root for? Patsfanger you don't have to respond.

For the record, I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for many, many years and look forward to another great year.

HEY! What's with the censorship?! :o

Romo seems a bit snake bit, I read where in college he froze up when in the big games. Maybe he can get past that this year.

Romo beat the Giants twice last year and was on the mark in the playoff loss. Dropped passes killed him in a very close game. In his first season as a starter, he did freeze. Last year, never. It is all about confidence. Romo said it really meant something to him when Parcells told him to not just settle for being good enough.

Edited by Old Man River

Growing up with no hometown team, I learned to admire competence and professionalism. I've always loved the underdog. So there are quite a few teams I've always want to do well.

But my heart belongs to my hometown Carolina Panthers. Also, since I moved to Tampa a year after the Buccaneers appeared, and there was no Carolina team back then, I'm a Bucs fan too. I became one back when they'd only lost their first 14 games. They didn't win until their 26th game, and I also became a Saints fan on that day, for the bag-headed Aints stuff.

There's never been a year where both Carolina and Tampa failed to suck, so that works out well, but if both happened to excel at the same time, I'd take the Panthers.

Oh, and on any given week I'll love whoever's playing against Dallas.

Calico, given all the teams you root for (Panthers, Bucs, Saints), I am sure one of them will be playing against Dallas on any given week.

Romo beat the Giants twice last year and was on the mark in the playoff loss. Dropped passes killed him in a very close game. In his first season as a starter, he did freeze. Last year, never. It is all about confidence. Romo said it really meant something to him when Parcells told him to not just settle for being good enough.

Last year Romo <deleted>*#ked up with that Jessica Simpson trip before the big game.

When I played, our coaches absolutely forbid us to have sex the week before the game. They said for sure it made you soft. Best to have those teststerone levels full bore. O.k. after game party, go for it, but starting with Monday practices, no.

Last year Romo <deleted>*#ked up with that Jessica Simpson trip before the big game.

When I played, our coaches absolutely forbid us to have sex the week before the game. They said for sure it made you soft. Best to have those teststerone levels full bore. O.k. after game party, go for it, but starting with Monday practices, no.

Now, Huggy, maybe Tony and Jessica just held hands, and stared into the stars in each other's eyes. We don't know that they had sex. :o

Now, Huggy, maybe Tony and Jessica just held hands, and stared into the stars in each other's eyes. We don't know that they had sex. :o

I'll bet when Strahan first knocked the sh*t out of him, he wished he was back in the sack with JS..........

Actually...................I wish I was in the sack with JS.

I'll bet when Strahan first knocked the sh*t out of him, he wished he was back in the sack with JS..........

Huggy, I'd have to question the masculinity of any guy who didn't, at the very least, "lust in his heart" to be in the sack with JS! In general, I prefer brunettes. But JS is physically a '10' by any criteria that I can imagine!

Now, Huggy, maybe Tony and Jessica just held hands, and stared into the stars in each other's eyes. We don't know that they had sex. :D

Huggy, I'd have to question the masculinity of any guy who didn't, at the very least, "lust in his heart" to be in the sack with JS! In general, I prefer brunettes. But JS is physically a '10' by any criteria that I can imagine!

Ridiculously rocked body, but I actually think her face looks a bit like a guy, but not enough to kick out of bed. Sh!t! Now I'm confused! :o

In general, I prefer brunettes

Flip her upside down, problem solved :D

That's an old wives tale. No, I am not saying your coaches are old wives, just that has no bearing on how a player performs (on the field). Also, I notice nobody screamed at Tom Brady for twisting his ankle outside of Giselle's apartment just prior to the SB.

No QB should be held accountable for dropped passes that hit receivers in the hands, regardless of who they slept with the night before.

starting with Monday practices, no.

No QB should be held accountable for dropped passes that hit receivers in the hands, regardless of who they slept with the night before.

You continue on with the fact that it was the receiver's dropping balls not Romo, but come on,, in the loss Romo was 50% (18 for 36) for 200 yards 1 TD 1 Interception. QB rating 67. In the two victories over the Giants his QB rating was over 123.

Giants Defense did the same thing to Tom Brady.

I say both Romo and Brady had crappy games, due to the pass rush.

P.S. sex absolutely will effect your game. Makes you lazy (you never fall back to sleep after a morning round?), so you practice poorly. As you practice is as you play.

Edited by huggybear

You continue on with the fact that it was the receiver's dropping balls not Romo, but come on,, in the loss Romo was 50% (18 for 36) for 200 yards 1 TD 1 Interception. QB rating 67. In the two victories over the Giants his QB rating was over 123.

P.S. sex absolutely will effect your game. Makes you lazy (you never fall back to sleep after a morning round?), so you practice poorly. As you practice is as you play.

Right on the money, Huggy! The OL took a LOT of heat in New England for their failure to give Brady time to even set up properly against the Giants. (Personally, I think that blame has to be shared with the coaching staff for failing to come up with some way to counter what the Giants were doing even BEFORE the game. They did, after all, see what that pass rush did to the Cowboys.)

That said, it's important to note that there should be more credit given to the Giants; than blame to the Patriots (or Cowboys). The Giants caught fire for the playoffs; and, just as the Patriots did in 2001, they played over their heads when they needed it most. I don't believe that they are, objectively, a better team than the Patriots. But they WERE the better team in that game. They earned the win; just as the Patriots did against the "superior" Rams team in SB 36.

Speaking of Romo and dropped footballs, who can forget the botched hold by Romo in the January 6, 2007 playoff game against Seattle? The 19 yard chip shot of a field goal with only 1:19 left on the clock would have almost assured them the win. Instead they lost 21-20. As much as I have always hated the Dallas Cowboys I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for the guy (for about 2 seconds).

starting with Monday practices, no.

So, basically, you are saying 5 dropped passes (count them five), plus an open receiver breaking off his route in the end zone (resulting in an incomplete pass) and a 4th down desperation pass that is picked off in the end zone are all reasons to look at the QB rating to blame the QB for the loss, correct? If so I can't wait for J Russell's second year.

My view is that a loss is a team loss and can't be blamed on any one player.

dallas s*cks, go birds!

The Orioles play baseball. Oh, you mean the Cardinals. Are they still in the NFL?

No I believe the poster is referring to the Sea Chickens.

They reside in the weakest division in the NFL.

Don't worry OMR, your Boyz will kick the sh*t out of them in the first round of the playoffs, or if they are lucky, will see them in the championship game......