Talk About Skyrocketing Prices ?

ThePunPun

• 1 month later...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if it just for the holiday or what, but yesterday at MM Mkt. Thai beef up from the not so long ago jump of 160 to 180 b/p/k was [yesterday] 220 b/p/k [.......cucumbers now 30 b/p/k and earlier couple months under 10 b/p/k.

not price skyrocketing but no availability on things like diet colas does give one thought of something fishy.....Rest assured , whatever excuse is given to you here in Thailand , the only guarantee is that it is not the truth.

G

Eggs are down by 25%. smile.png

Agree....egg prices have gone down, but by my calculations not 25%..........but according to todays newspaper online the govt has announced an increase in egg prices, I think to take effect very soon.

as things seem to be a little bass ackwards here, "what goes down must come up"

flash update

I stand corrected ...... just checked my records, you are indeed correct .... 25% is a good call.

G

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Don't know if it just for the holiday or what, but yesterday at MM Mkt. Thai beef up from the not so long ago jump of 160 to 180 b/p/k was [yesterday] 220 b/p/k [.......cucumbers now 30 b/p/k and earlier couple months under 10 b/p/k.

not price skyrocketing but no availability on things like diet colas does give one thought of something fishy.....Rest assured , whatever excuse is given to you here in Thailand , the only guarantee is that it is not the truth.

G

I might be wrong but Pork wasn't as high as that in Tesco and chicken was about 90 Baht..

As far as vegetables go the local markets are still very cheap...much cheaper than MM. At the M,W and Sat market between Hang Dong Road and o ba dor Padad, had whole cauliflowers 10 baht, whole cabbage 10 baht, onions and tomatoes 5 baht a pack and all other Thai veg with very low prices. A hand of 15 grade A bananas 40 Baht, whole papaya's 20 Baht. I understand it might not be convenient for a restaurant owner to shop around, but I can't say I've noticed any affect in prices, for me, except for farang stuff I want in the likes of Rimping et al.