Buying Guesthouse Soi Bukaew, Need Advice

dmax

You are either trolling or taking the piss. Surely no one can be that stupid to ask how much minimum they are going to make on beer sales when they haven't even opened yet?

does someone answer that?

And how are you going to get your 30 grand sterling back once you handed the equivalent over in Baht, 30 grand sterling that's a lot of dosh just think how hard its going to be going back to the UK and working and saving 30 grand up again.

Better off going to Cambodia and sticking the lot on roulette red or black, double or nothing. :rolleyes:

I'm in this boat too,not the beer sales,or buying a whatever down Soi B,but how the hell to get the money back.Could take it piecemeal but would take quite a few trips and always the thought of confiscation

Apart from anything else just take a look down Soi B now,like a ghost town compared to just a couple of years ago and numbers will keep going down and down.Interesting to see the make up of the present tourists too ,Indians,middle eastern and surprise surprise as the was on bus from BKK last week and a crowd of them banging out reggae music ,the Thais sure looked impressed

Seems as though Sharm is the place to be at the moment,closer and cheaper and really being pushed by tourist companies

Like a ghost town- wish it was, then might be a bit safer to walk along it than it is.

Assuming the OP is going to rent long time, some things I'd include:

Somewhere covered and off the street to park the bikes.

Somewhere to put a gas stove ( is the balcony big enough? )

A sink to wash the dishes in.

A ceiling fan so don't have to pay electric for AC.

A bum gun for the loo.

I wouldn't be running a bar/ girls or providing food. You're competing with people that can always do that better and cheaper all over Soi B.