How Do You Get A Proof Of Address Around Here?

male

Your rental agreement (lease).

Tried that and was told that itdoesn't qualify as proof of address

I always thought things like that, liked to send you something in the post, and then ask you to enter the number you recieved in to your account online?? I think that's what pay-pal, moneybookers, and netteller do.

If a lease agreement isn't good enough then you need to go back to the bank and try again. Take a Thai with you, or get a Thai to write in a letter what you need. That's all I can think of.

I do not know your nationality, but some embassies deliver a "certificate of residence"... You may try this option. If available.

I think you need a Residency Certificate, which are issued by the Immigration Office for such circumstances as applying for a Thai Driving Licence etc. Can't remember what the criteria is now for documents that need to be provided to them as from recollection the goalposts moved within the last year. I do seem to recall that a letter from Landlord of the property you're renting is required. Probably best to pay a visit to Immigration and speak to one of the farang volunteers there.

I do not know your nationality, but some embassies deliver a "certificate of residence"... You may try this option. If available.

I think you need a Residency Certificate, which are issued by the Immigration Office for such circumstances as applying for a Thai Driving Licence etc. Can't remember what the criteria is now for documents that need to be provided to them as from recollection the goalposts moved within the last year. I do seem to recall that a letter from Landlord of the property you're renting is required. Probably best to pay a visit to Immigration and speak to one of the farang volunteers there.

I take my (Service) pension letter (P60) to the British Embassy and get my Proof of Address which I use for my Thai driving licence and add to my Extension(s) of Stay documents. Embassy staff told me they will take most UK (official) letters for this. Previously I have used a Juristic Office letter while waiting for my change of address UK letters. Definitely try both and good luck.

I take my (Service) pension letter (P60) to the British Embassy and get my Proof of Address which I use for my Thai driving licence and add to my Extension(s) of Stay documents. Embassy staff told me they will take most UK (official) letters for this. Previously I have used a Juristic Office letter while waiting for my change of address UK letters. Definitely try both and good luck.

Embassy letters are usually a lot more expensive than immigration (2,000+ baht for Brits) and a lot further away if you don't live in Bangkok. Also maybe other countries do as the Brits do and issue 'no reason to doubt' (that you live at your stated address) letters as their Certificate of Residence. I do not know for sure but it might be that some financial institutions would find the wording too weak for their purposes. They should - the letter gives bugger all verification as far as I can see. Goodness knows why Thai authorities accept these pathetic letters - just because it looks official - no application of reasoning

Op, bring your rental agreement containing complete adress and your passport to Immigration. A complete rentalagreement is supported by signed copy of owners id card. Ask for Certificate of Residence. They usually charge 300 baht no reciept, and done in 10 minutes.

A thai bank statement does not contain adress.

Op, bring your rental agreement containing complete adress and your passport to Immigration. A complete rentalagreement is supported by signed copy of owners id card. Ask for Certificate of Residence. They usually charge 300 baht no reciept, and done in 10 minutes.

A thai bank statement does not contain adress.

Exactly what I did when I wanted to buy a car Passport, Rental agreement (photo Copies) and I think then it was 200 THB, only lasts as long as your Visa though, have used it numerous times handy thing a residence certificate.

I had similar issues when an international bank wanted proof of address.. My bills were in Thai script, the immigration proof was the same..

In my case I was able to change one of my bankers mailing address and when that statement arrived use that to get the second new bank to consider it proof. I suspect the residence proof from my consul would have worked but the Thai one didnt (and my Thai driving licenses are in Thai script).

Mostly it was the banker being difficult, I had multiple options in Thai script (it is Thailand after all) and offered to pay for an accredited translation service but they refused.. HSBC singapore.. Hard work.