My Trip To Pattaya

pmgthailand

Like the OP said, the dining out is fantastic in Pattaya and realy reasonable too. I just found more things to do in Pattaya that I could afford. I'm not on holiday here, I live and work here and most things in Phuket are expensive for Thailand and comparable to prices in the west. People were friendlier too! IMO

Just a note about Pattaya dining. The seafood may be fresher in Phuket, but don't kid yourself, Pattaya is a FANTASTIC foodie destination these days. There are wonderful Iranian, Russian, American, French, Italian, Indian, Korean, Lebanese, Swiss, etc. restaurants offering really good food at quite low prices. Phuket can't hold a candle to the Pattaya food scene. Even Bangkok Thais and expats come to Pattaya to enjoy the very unique food scene.

Caveat, though, don't come here for Mexican food, and if you want the best local Thai seafood, be prepared to travel to the outskirts of town.

I think that people who are so quick to jump to Phuket's defense would really like to leave but are probably stuck here with a house that they cannot sell or business and the more they talk up Phuket and defend the indefensible the better it makes them feel about themselves and their situation!

There are probably just as many good things about Phuket as there are bad, but when the bad start to outweigh the good?

Just a thought.

I wonder why people need to get so defensive when people point out the good things about Pattaya? I love Phuket but know some things in Pattaya are much cheaper and for long termers may offer better allround prospects because of the baht buses and lower cost of general living. Not everybody likes the beach, people should accept that rather than get all upset when Pattaya comes up.

I love the beach but recently at Surin beach you cannot even walk on the beach. People drag their loungers right down to the water's edge now and it is so crowded it is a bit ridiculous to think eveybody is going to like that. Pla seafood has set a dangerous precedent by actually walling off a large section of sand where is has canopies over restaurant tables and chairs. If private businesses are allowed to take over public beaches like this everybody will start doing it. Thankfully the weather doesn't allow a long high season there.

The photo is of me at Surin beach about 20 years ago.

Edited by pmgthailand

LOVE this thread..................

Need to get all the wanke_rs and complainers that are here in Phuket, outta here ! One of you is probably the one that came up on me on the road with a bike so big you needed to take the whole lane, and then whistled in my ear as I'm just trying to get across the street with my laundry as I have done the last 5 years........

The poster that remarks about the water quality at the beach, what time of year was that? Understand wind and water movement do ya? How's that water quality in Pattaya?

I think the OP nailed it on the head, he'd rather have cheap beer and girls than go to the beach, Pattaya suits him better, no worries.

Keep up the Phuket bashing, for sure Pattaya needs you, go now, why wait!!!!

aaahhhh so , anyone who wants to make observations of phuket that aren't in line with yours are considered wanke-rs...no doubt you have heard the expression ''if the cap, fits wear it!!''

here also just for you gom a friendly tip! the next time you cross the road with your laundry , try removing your overly rose tinted glasses first as not only do they prevent you seeing reality as posted by other members [ wanke-rs ] as you call them but also, more importantly you may actually see the bike so big it needed the whole lane way before it whistles in your ear :passifier: