Thai woman kills self during Internet broadcast in front of boyfriend, others

News_Editor

Thai woman kills self during Internet broadcast in front of boyfriend, others

2010-12-06 12:25:29 GMT+7 (ICT)

BANGKOK (BNO NEWS) -- Users of an online video chat room watched in horror on Sunday as a Thai woman killed herself over an argument with her boyfriend, according to local media reports on Monday.

The 24-year-old woman was identified by the Bangkok Post as Nichakorn Srisawat from the central province of Nakhon Sawan, who was found dead in her apartment in the Bang Khen district of Bangkok.

Reports said Nichakorn had met a 25-year-old man through the video chat network Camfrog after which they started a relationship. On Sunday, however, the man decided to break up with her after an argument.

The woman later killed herself as her ex-boyfriend and other users of Camfrog watched how she hung herself by a bed sheet which she had tied to a ceiling fan.

The Bangkok Post reported that an unidentified man had called a maid at the apartment and urged her to rescue the woman. However, as Nichakorn had locked her door, the maid was unable to reach her in time.

Several messages Nichakorn had written before her suicide were later found, saying she was upset about the end of her relationship.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-12-06

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor girl, that's just awful. Someone really needs to try to educate Thai women to take it down a notch... i realize it's a generalization, but they're some of the most fiery-hearted, vengeful people I've met and the culture seems to aggrandize the 'crazy girl' mentality. It's not romantic, or charmingly tragic, period. Of course who knows what motivated this girl to do what she did, and of course it happens all over the world, but I can't help but blame society a little bit.

Ouch! Thats pretty harsh isn't it? News can be interpreted in many different ways, the emergence of the internet as a communication medium, loneliness and depression forcing individuals to live their life through a webcam, the perils of online dating etc etc. Personally I think its extremely sad but she was probably going to do it anyway, webcam or not, botfriend or not, breakup or not. Suicide is the end game of severe depression and unless the underlying causes of that depression are identified and addressed the victim will normally find a way to carry it out. Still classifies as news however, simply for the "voyueristic" aspect.

Edited by metisdead
Deleted post removed.

Definitely quite sad.

We should invest a lot in our relationships,

but not every shred of our self esteem and self worth.

Sadly also, her obvious attitude about the relationship,

might be indicative of why the break up occurred.

RIP P. Nichakorn.

Of course who knows what motivated this girl to do what she did, and of course it happens all over the world, but I can't help but blame society a little bit.

I know exactly why she did what she did, but I will not dishonor her memory by providing details here.

Sadly, I knew this woman. There is more to the story than meets the eye. Unfortunately, I haven't been in touch with her for a while. I am deeply saddened by this. I saw the report in Thai before it came here. It is a tragic story.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Of course who knows what motivated this girl to do what she did, and of course it happens all over the world, but I can't help but blame society a little bit.

I know exactly why she did what she did, but I will not dishonor her memory by providing details here.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

And yes, I agree, let's not dishonor her memory here.

Sadly, I knew this woman. There is more to the story than meets the eye. Unfortunately, I haven't been in touch with her for a while. I am deeply saddened by this. I saw the report in Thai before it came here. It is a tragic story.

I'm sure there is.

Edited by andrewdrummond

Poor girl, that's just awful. Someone really needs to try to educate Thai women to take it down a notch... i realize it's a generalization, but they're some of the most fiery-hearted, vengeful people I've met and the culture seems to aggrandize the 'crazy girl' mentality. It's not romantic, or charmingly tragic, period. Of course who knows what motivated this girl to do what she did, and of course it happens all over the world, but I can't help but blame society a little bit.

I completley agree.

Have you ever watched the crap on channel 7 and the likes. My Mrs. watches it all the time. Its a continuous stream of bitch-slapping...... with " fiery-hearted, vengeful" themes through out..... all I can hear is "sum nam na" ever 2 minutes..... and Thai society thinks its great, and morally rewards the whole carry on......

Unfortuntely it manifests in this type of thing.

It is very sad that a young woman would kill herself in such a way...... period.

It is also sad that the bloke involved will now in some way be expected to carry guilt for this....... now unless he was a total bastard too her, but in general people get into relationships and break up every day for an infinite number of reasons...... generally if some girl takes it a bit too seriously and kills herself over it, then the tragedy is that she valued er life so low.......

Society, the media, and television has alot to answer for in thailand....... proof is in the pudding

This kind of suicide is pretty common in Japan. If you live there, you will realize it is just a regular news report

I think you would sing a different tune if you actually knew her. Having lived in Korea, I know it is common. There was a special on CNN not long ago. Maybe you should try to be more sensitive.

A tragedy and my heart goes out to her friends and family.

Not to take anything away from this horrible event, but anyone else think it's inappropriate to have that sad story followed by a advertisement for internet dating??!?!

I mean really. I wouldn't want a add for my dating website to follow that story.

I believe that anyone who is committed in a relationship should not be able to opt-out for reasons not considered reasonable or justified. If she or he does, then he/she should not be allowed to have a relationship with anyone again. Breaking the heart of another is a serious crime against another and usually causes irreparable damage. This is what a girl by the name of*(name deleted)*from Pra Nakhon si, Ayutthaya did to me; she-devil that now is abroad spreading her vile persona....better for her that I never see her anywhere again, she won't be able to stand again.

Edited by Scott
Name edited out/Scott

I

I want to add my 2 cents. The Chines-American girl I knew had broke up with her boyfriend. She was so upset and jumped off the dorm building to pretest her boyfriend. She died for nothing. This is an educated student who came from a wealthy family and had it all. We We do need to educate women or men who are in love to understand that he or she can have a relationship and they can walk away when thing does not work out. It is alright and nothing wrong with it. My take and experience.

So sad. No man is worth killing yourself over. (Or no woman, for that matter)

Death never solves anything. But in any event, may she rest in peace. A truly sad story in deed.

Unfortunately, some people see their lives as so bad that death actually solves everything.

No more misery of broken relationships, worrying about where your next meal is coming from, and lets not forget that many Thai ladies are skint, go to work in large cities for money for their families and end up in the sex trade - as a close female friend of mine told me this very weekend - when its a choice of 14 hours back breaking work in a rice field for food money, or nipping to the big city to make cash from foreign male visitors, the second distasteful choice is often their course and this obviously leads to low self esteem, hidden of course by a beautifull smile. I actually felt very guilty and sad this weekend that I could not give my friend more financial assistance. Sad world we live in.

I believe that anyone who is committed in a relationship should not be able to opt-out for reasons not considered reasonable or justified. If she or he does, then he/she should not be allowed to have a relationship with anyone again. Breaking the heart of another is a serious crime against another and usually causes irreparable damage. This is what a girl by the name of Somruedee Wongpanao from Pra Nakhon si, Ayutthaya did to me; she-devil that now is abroad spreading her vile persona....better for her that I never see her anywhere again, she won't be able to stand again.

If one is in a relation and the relation breaks down, why stay together?

And why the punishment of not being allowed to start a new relation?

No man or woman is worth to end one's life for.

But, I am sorry for the woman.

I completley agree.

Have you ever watched the crap on channel 7 and the likes. My Mrs. watches it all the time. Its a continuous stream of bitch-slapping...... with " fiery-hearted, vengeful" themes through out..... all I can hear is "sum nam na" ever 2 minutes..... and Thai society thinks its great, and morally rewards the whole carry on......

Unfortuntely it manifests in this type of thing.

It is very sad that a young woman would kill herself in such a way...... period.

It is also sad that the bloke involved will now in some way be expected to carry guilt for this....... now unless he was a total bastard too her, but in general people get into relationships and break up every day for an infinite number of reasons...... generally if some girl takes it a bit too seriously and kills herself over it, then the tragedy is that she valued er life so low.......

Society, the media, and television has alot to answer for in thailand....... proof is in the pudding

Quote: "It is also sad that the bloke involved...."

Bloke singular? Thai news, I am informed, clearly associates an additional "bloke" not of this Nation in this terrible tragedy. And a tragedy it is indeed for a young person (regardless of gender) to end their life in such a way.

This kind of suicide is pretty common in Japan. If you live there, you will realize it is just a regular news report

Wow?? thanks for telling. I was not sure about the fan who was falling in love with Jackie Chan. She found out that Mr. Chan is married then she killed herself so the producer and production company wowed not to tell and the girl was from Japan. I overheard about 3 Japanese Fans killed themselves over this Star. and not sure is it true? or it is promotion for the Movies. Feel free to inject my opinion. Thanks.

How ironic that this discussion is interspersed with online dating ads.

The story doesn't make clear, at least not to me, whether this was just an internet relationship or more than that. What does strike me, having spent way too much time and energy "dating " online, is that it is a poor substitute for meeting meeting people and getting to know them in person.

If this was solely an "online" relationship, how tragic that the victim was perhaps, and I repeat, perhaps, as much as anything else, a victim of her own projections. But, this is just my projection. Whatever the reasons behind it, it is nevertheless tragic.

Whats a 'story if it's not news'

What's 'news if it is not a story'

Any what are either ? that might be different depending on whether it was you who found her.

Many Thai girls are already desperate to find someone (to be their knight on a white horse) and then some arsehol_e comes along with no interest other than to get access to her wet spot.

It doesn't metter whether the perp is Thai or an alien the results speak for themselves.

Edited by metisdead
Previously deleted comment removed from view.

This is very tragic indeed. RIP

I feel sorry for the woman and by no means want to deny anybody's right to self-destruct. However, killing oneself because of "love" or relationship with someone else is a symptom of confused emotions and run-away ego. To be honest I think people who do that are seriously screwed up however unfortunate that is. Society that doesn't teach simple but powerful truths about human emotions and principles of good relationships is party to blame.

Love is not about "I want" and relationships should not be about "you are mine" and "you must do this but mustn't do that". This crap altitude is because a selfish heart incapable of love but full of wants and expectations. So what that someone I love wants to leave me? Good luck, if that what he/she wants I'm happy. Don't put a bird that you love in a cage. It will only stay with you if it loves you too and if not .. there is nothing in it for you to start with. One human cannot "belong" to another human in the same way as one dog doesn't own another dog.

I'm sorry for her loss - tragic and unnecessary, but this is a classic I know a secret, but I'm not going to tell you. Best just to keep quiet in my opinion