Cant Find The Answer To My 'Non O' Quiery

hi- i've scoured the site but cant find the info i need...could anyone inform me of the situation regarding my 'non O' expiring & getting a new one for continued stay here-i will get my last 90 day stamp mid January-this will be a total of 15 months +/- in LOS. if i want another 1 year multiple 'non O' must i go back to UK ?or can i get a new one in Malaysia-much easier/cheaper for me to do-i've heard a rumour its possible in Malaysia but nothing concrete....

regards,Jedeye,

:jap:

Go on Holiday to Cambodia

Post passport to friend at home via DHL

They sent passport to Birmingham/Hull/Cardiff consulate for new VISA

Friend post passport via DHL back to you in Cambodia

Should take less than 2 weeks

Cant believe anyone would even suggest such a stupid idea.....

As Lite Beer states correctly i'm not married & under i'm 50-when i first applied to Hull my reason for applying for non O (which i stated on the official form) was extended stay & to look for employment-could i not use the same criteria again to apply a second time?

sarahsbloke,is that a proven method-sounds very illegal...

what about possible scrutiny of the previous leaving Thailand/ entering Cambodia stamps -there would be no stamps showing leaving & re-entering Cambodia which would facilitate having got the new visa in uk.

correct me if i'm wrong but if you connect the dots,it doesn't add up...

As Lite Beer states correctly i'm not married & under i'm 50-when i first applied to Hull my reason for applying for non O (which i stated on the official form) was extended stay & to look for employment-could i not use the same criteria again to apply a second time?

You could but not in Asia. Only in UK.

You stated a lie. Full stop. Now you'd like to stay longer with a new lie??? :jap:

:jap:So then he never left Cambodia and suddenly's holding a new visa? Give me a break .

This is an unbelievably stupid suggestion. No proof of exit from Cambodia and miraculously a new Thai visa appears in same passport.

If you do get caught out on this don't be surprised at jail time and deportation.

Muppets.

Edited by Phatcharanan

I went to the immigration department to ask about getting a non O visa for marriag purposes and they said it would be easier and I would need less documentation if I Did it from somewhere like Malaysia, but they didn't seem to know why it would be easier or what documentation I would need, does anyone know if it would be easier and what documentation I would need.

Thanks in advance :)

If you have been here on a non imm O then that was spousal support? If you did not support anyone then how can you make a Stat Dec saying you are? That is jailable if they nail you here and it ain't 3 square meals and free dental. Crazy way of doing things - easy enough to be here o a tourist stamp, arrange work, then depart, come back legally and with a work offer thus a permit and the correct visa.

Or why not just overstay like every other besotted young Brit with a hard on? Life is short...

This is a story which is often told around the bars in Cambodia.

2 Germans went to Cambodia and did exactly that.

They received their passports with the new visas no problem.

It is surprising that nobody noticed that they were not in England.

Then, when they crossed back into Thailand, Thai immigration

noticed that they had been in Cambodia and not England

when the visas were issued.

They were allowed to enter Thailand for the usual 15 days.

I went to the immigration department to ask about getting a non O visa for marriag purposes and they said it would be easier and I would need less documentation if I Did it from somewhere like Malaysia, but they didn't seem to know why it would be easier or what documentation I would need, does anyone know if it would be easier and what documentation I would need.

Look at the 'stickies' for latest reports on obtaining visa's in KL.

Or look at the Thai website in Malaysia. It has an English version and gives you all the info.

Edited by Phatcharanan

So the UK is the only country in the world where a yearly Non-O will be released(for lets say visiting friends)? Thanks

Just as a matter of interest, i have just returned to Brisbane on expiration of my Non Imm O, at the Thai consul they tell me that, provided i can show that i can support myself ( nothing about 800000bht) they will renew it, but they say do not come till a couple of days before i am due to go back. It will cost me $A90 but a marriage visa will cost $A250, so theres no guessing which one i will get. Brisbane have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

So the UK is the only country in the world where a yearly Non-O will be released(for lets say visiting friends)? Thanks

particularly the Hull consulate.

I do hear of a few other 'consulates' in the world that are similarly easy going, but of course you do have to be a national.

Somebody told me Hull UK is not so easy going any more, anybody have more detail on that?

As far as I know yes.

You do not need any special visa to get married. After marriage a non immigrant O visa is available from any Consulate. Immigration can convert another entry to non immigrant in the process of one year extension of stay only so that would require you be married and meet the financial requirements (400k in bank two months or 40k per month income).

Just as a matter of interest, i have just returned to Brisbane on expiration of my Non Imm O, at the Thai consul they tell me that, provided i can show that i can support myself ( nothing about 800000bht) they will renew it, but they say do not come till a couple of days before i am due to go back. It will cost me $A90 but a marriage visa will cost $A250, so theres no guessing which one i will get. Brisbane have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

sounds like a single entry for $A90A and a multi entry for $A250

I'm here in Thailand on a mult-entry 1yr validity Type-O visa issued for being married to Thai and having Thai child. This is my 4th one and I typically spend time both here and in US so have never had a problem getting a new one on visits to US. This time we have decided not to return to US and continue living in LOS. My type-O (and current entry stamp) expires in Feb 2011. Is there a way for me to go into Pattaya Immigration to have a new one issued? Or maybe have it converted to the type of non-o that allows me to stay all year and report in every 3 months. I can easily show 40k thb a month income so that is not an issue.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Jayman

As far as I know yes.

I think you can go to Australia and mail your passport to the Brisbane consulate for Thailand and get a new Non-O.

I had a friend who got a non-O that way. Another went to Perth and got it in person and got a non-O in a couple of days. These were older expats who couldn't meet the 800,000 B qualifications though and presented income declarations and or cash, I think.

How have you manged to stay in Thailand with no job and no visible means of support? Savings?

Lot of people buy fake visas on Khao San Road too!

Just depends on how badly you want to stay. If you had a fake visa, I wouldn't advise leaving the country. But that would be hard to do too, since you'd need to make a visa run every 90 days.

Good Luck.

How have you manged to stay in Thailand with no job and no visible means of support? Savings?

Lot of people buy fake visas on Khao San Road too!

Just depends on how badly you want to stay. If you had a fake visa, I wouldn't advise leaving the country. But that would be hard to do too, since you'd need to make a visa run every 90 days.

Good Luck.

There is no financial requirement for obtaining non-immigrant 'o' VISAs

Retirement VISAs and extensions of stay due to retirement have different rules and require proof of income.

As the OP is under 50 years old ..... he won't be using retirement to stay here.

I'm here in Thailand on a mult-entry 1yr validity Type-O visa issued for being married to Thai and having Thai child. This is my 4th one and I typically spend time both here and in US so have never had a problem getting a new one on visits to US. This time we have decided not to return to US and continue living in LOS. My type-O (and current entry stamp) expires in Feb 2011. Is there a way for me to go into Pattaya Immigration to have a new one issued? Or maybe have it converted to the type of non-o that allows me to stay all year and report in every 3 months. I can easily show 40k thb a month income so that is not an issue.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

You can not obtain a visa in Thailand but could get the same type in KL or some other locations but normal requirement is 100k in a bank account to show along with the marriage proof and wife ID documents.

If your income is foreign your embassy can issue paperwork to use that for one year extensions of stay from immigration. You use a TM.7 form for that and both you and wife have to fill out paperwork and submit a number of documents.