Medical Insurance Certificate

jori

I suppose others have been keeping a close eye on the statements via the TD thread of Phukets Chief medical officer requesting that all retiree visa applications be accompanied by a medical insurance certificate for not only the island but for for it go nationwide.

The cause obviously is foreigners are taking up too much bedspace / facilities in the state run hospitals. Think this would bugger everything up big time for the aged 60 plus brigade,medical insurance is virtually impossible at age 65 anyway

I recall Malaysia has this requirement but the last time I checked their program if you can document that you applied for the insurance in Malaysia and were denied coverage, the requirement would be waived. It definitely wouldn't be reasonable to require something that couldn't be obtained, but I know, I know, there is no guarantee that immigration laws are always going to be reasonable.

Edited by Jingthing

I recall Malaysia has this requirement but the last time I checked their program if you can document that you applied for the insurance in Malaysia and were denied coverage, the requirement would be waived. It definitely wouldn't be reasonable to require something that couldn't be obtained, but I know, I know, there is no guarantee that immigration laws are always going to be reasonable.

Yes it's good on Malaysia being so generous for allowing such a thing,but when all the refugess from Thailand end up there I cannot see that being the case for too long

Yes it's good on Malaysia being so generous for allowing such a thing,but when all the refugess from Thailand end up there I cannot see that being the case for too long

Malaysia radically raised their financial requirements for their My Second Home program. They most certainly are not getting many "refugee" expats previously living in Thailand anymore! It's at a level now more like the requirements for Australia than Thailand.