Windows 7/ Ie8 Copy & Paste Issues

Suradit

Windows 7/ IE8 Copy and Paste Issues

Copy & Paste work fine, whether between computer-based programs or to/from Internet websites and then suddenly it's impossible to copy & paste to or from anything. If I restart the computer, things go back to normal again. There doesn't seem to be any consistent sequence of events that leads to the problem except it only happens after copying to/from the Internet, but even then sometimes it happens and other times there's no problem.

I Googled the issue and found a load of other people who have had similar problems along with a number of proposed solutions, none of which seem to solve the problem for me or the others complaining of it.

I went to Microsoft and found an IE troubleshooter, ran that and came up with nada.

It doesn't matter whether I right-click with the mouse, use ctrl-c & ctrl-v or use the drop down edit menu, once it stops working the only way it will work again is to reboot.

If I want to paste over high-lighted text, the old text vanishes but is not replaced with what I intended to paste.

I run a continually updated "McAfee Total Protection," which has found no viruses or malware.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance

Edited by Suradit